Where would Kevin Randleman stack up on modern HW div?

Randleman wouldn't be a Heavyweight at all during the USADA era. Remember he wreslted collegiality at 167 lbs.

when I think of randleman two things come to mind....Chuck phantom ko and staph...gnarly staph.

I think of him jumping like 4 feet in the air with very little effort needed. And I think of him Randleplexing Fedor on his head.........of course we all know what Fedor did a tiny bit later.

Lol blayde is way better than randleman in every single area.

randleman wont able to takedown ngannou.
Volkov would easily sub him.
Randleman cardio wont hold lewis,hunt down for long

Based on what? Randleman was a more decorated wrestler(two time NCAA champ vs state champion) than Blaydes and I'd say clearly more physically gifted, Randleman for me whilst unrefined was naturally a much more gifted striker as well were as Blaydes has never really shown anything there.

The difference is I'd say that Blaydes doesn't throw matches away in the fashion Randleman could, I mean those fights I listed I don't think they'd be anything like formalities but their definitely very winnable matches for him plus I'd give him an upset chance against pretty much anyone.

In terms of sub defence who actually punished Randleman from top position? bar very early on only Fedor, Saku and Shogun, all very high level sub fighters. Meanwhile someone like Ninja really couldn't do much to threaten him off of his back and he was far better than Volkov is today.

Would be top 15 who could take a win over anyone at any time and then lose the next 3 fights to people he should beat. No disrespect though, I miss The Monster. Good guy who went too soon. And god bless he had some sick takedowns when he was full energy!

With proper coaching he could be top5.

Lmao who is he beating without rounds??? Because if he is fighting in current ufc they have a thing called USADA and Randlemam ain’t making it to fight night with those tests. Even when roiding he was a gatekeeper and ended with a horrible record like 17-16 with some terrible losses.

Depends on his training. With the same training and skill as before, he'd get wrecked. With today's training with a good camp he'd probably do ok.

Based on what? Randleman was a more decorated wrestler(two time NCAA champ vs state champion) than Blaydes and I'd say clearly more physically gifted, Randleman for me whilst unrefined was naturally a much more gifted striker as well were as Blaydes has never really shown anything there.

The difference is I'd say that Blaydes doesn't throw matches away in the fashion Randleman could, I mean those fights I listed I don't think they'd be anything like formalities but their definitely very winnable matches for him plus I'd give him an upset chance against pretty much anyone.

In terms of sub defence who actually punished Randleman from top position? bar very early on only Fedor, Saku and Shogun, all very high level sub fighters. Meanwhile someone like Ninja really couldn't do much to threaten him off of his back and he was far better than Volkov is today.

LMAO

Forgot how good Rampage's wrestling was be for he became a one dimensional head hunter

People think a few fighters are explosive in 2018... this guy was legit freak athlete... Plus. Have you seen the UFC Heavyweight rankings.

What's Derrick Lewis' best win? Travis Browne? And he's top 5 lol
Ngannou was top 5...Browne, Tybura, and Nelson were all top 10. 4 top 10 wins against HWs not LHWs like Randelmam.

Ah yes, yet another thread where we overrate fighters from back in the days when a lot of us had just started watching MMA. Randleman was an awesome guy and a fun fighter but he was mostly a can crusher, nothing more nothing less. If he was younger (and still alive), who knows what he could have achieved. If we were to put prime Randleman into today's HW division, I'd be surprised if he would be a top 15 fighter. Maybe since HW division is so weak he could be ranked in the lower top 15. If he were to fight at LHW maybe top 50. To be fair, these thought examples make little sense since MMA has evolved since then and back in the days Randleman was a legit threat to most even though he was never close to being elite of the elite. Really sad how it all ended, will forever remember the vid with Fedor asking Randleman backstage after their fight if he wants to drink vodka.

How was it a fluke? He knocked him out cold,then some hammerfists...not a fluke, a legitimate knockout
Absolutely! Definitely not a fluke. He established the threat of TD and when Crocop was expecting a shot Kevin threw the left. Watch Crocop's reaction the attack, he was preparing to sprawl/dig underhooks.

Assuming he was coming up and competing in today's scene with the same skills and attributes he had back the (crazy but that's what we're pondering), I think he would be a top 10 HW and a top 10 LHW, kinda like DC. Though I think hed be pretty undersized for HW, but so is DC. Quite a few top fighters have said commented on Randleman's potential, his skill, his strength, and even his power. Rampage has said the hardest he was ever hit in a fight was against Kevin.

With the right camp he would be Competitive at MW maybe/probably even welterweight. He wouldn't fight at HW, he only did it back then because it was the only was to make money and those were the fights he was offered.

Randleman was 5'8.
Juiced to the gills, he weighed 215 and he freely admitted that he HAD TO take steroids to compete with heavyweights.

Under USADA he would not be able to maintain the mass he carried at HW, nor would he want or need to in modern MMA.

5'8, about 200 pounds, all muscle, no fat, he was a wrestler and probably knew how to cut weight. He would have similar proportions to Tyron Woodley.

He was pretty fast had explosive takedowns and had KO power. He trained at hammer house because that was the "ground and pound" era, he would be a different fighter today with access to modern coaching.

Ah yes, yet another thread where we overrate fighters from back in the days when a lot of us had just started watching MMA. Randleman was an awesome guy and a fun fighter but he was mostly a can crusher, nothing more nothing less. If he was younger (and still alive), who knows what he could have achieved. If we were to put prime Randleman into today's HW division, I'd be surprised if he would be a top 15 fighter. Maybe since HW division is so weak he could be ranked in the lower top 15. If he were to fight at LHW maybe top 50. To be fair, these thought examples make little sense since MMA has evolved since then and back in the days Randleman was a legit threat to most even though he was never close to being elite of the elite. Really sad how it all ended, will forever remember the vid with Fedor asking Randleman backstage after their fight if he wants to drink vodka.
loloool.png

If randleman fought today it would probably be at middleweight.

First think he would do is ask Yoel where the good stuff is at.

Seriously though a Romero randleman fight would have been epic

If we just take Randleman from that era and transport him to now, he does pretty badly. He was a mid level guy in his prime. Randleman with a real camp? Probably borderline top 10, or even better at lhw. He had real physical gifts but came from an awful one dimensional camp.

Back