Where would Kevin Randleman stack up on modern HW div?

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Top 5? top 10? None?

Assuming he passes usada and looks the same

Today's HW division?

Top 15. Not that hard of a feat to accomplish though, the UFC's HW division is the worst it's been in a long time.

Juiced Kevin Randleman would suplex every single one through the ground aside from DC. He had actually very real wrestling and KO power in his pinkies. Dude was just a force of nature.

We'll never know what post USADA Randleman would fight like because I'm pretty sure he had an IV drip of testosterone hooked up 24/7.

What's his biggest win? Cro Cop by fluke?

Top 15 at best. Hes not going to beat any elite hw with his garbage striking anf sub defense

These days he’d probably juice down and fight at 185 or 205, which didn’t really exist in his day. He’s said in interviews that he never really considered himself a HW but that was what the promoters wanted

He would never pass a piss test. He'd be Wand all over again, a monster who all of a sudden couldn't get it done.

He’d be in the top 5 for most USADA tested fighters in UFC history, he’d probably make the top 10. It’s not like you need decent striking or submission defense to succeed at HW, could straight up wrassle his way to glory in today’s heavyweight division lol.

Champ. Assuming he dumps HammerHouse for GFC.

With all due respect (RIP) he would be top 15 at best. Striking was rather rudimentary, cardio was poor and the whole USADA thing.

Back in the day Kevin was my man and I always enjoy watching his fights, even to this day.

What's his biggest win? Cro Cop by fluke?
Its his biggest win for sure but how disrespectful to act like that's all he accomplished.

Shoulda won decision vs Bas for title, Maurice Smith, Pete Williams, Pedro Rizzo, Babalou Sobral, Ninja Rua...all these guys were legit at the time Kevin fought them.

Not been much quality wrestling at HW in recent years, I suspect Randleman would exploit that the same way Blaydes is.

Like he has the same skill set as he did at his peak? Probably not great, he wasn't a well rounded fighter. He was a product of the era. Maybe a different story if he grew up in the modern MMA environment.

I'd say outside top 10 but the division has been poor for some time so with a couple of wins he'd probably get a TS.

when I think of randleman two things come to mind....Chuck phantom ko and staph...gnarly staph.

Back