Where was JDS ground game?

Turning on your back to try to force power your way back up to your feet.

Yeah, dangerous ground game my ass. He didn't ever even get full guard and would lay flat on his back whenever Cain turned him over.

He popped up every time despite being totally gassed. I was impressed. no need to sit on your back and eat punches going for subs if you are able to get it to the feet again

WTF are you and other people talking about? JDS was gassed in two minutes. Before the big right hand ever landed from Cain. I was impressed that he avoided being stopped and got to his feet every single time he was taken down the whole fight. IDK what went on with JDS to make him gas that bad, i was really hoping for a war between two in-shape fighters. But even gassed as hell Dos Santos was able to do just fine on the ground.

But what im trying to say is that, If he has this JJ we never get to see, would he not train this. I mean did he expect to catch Cain again in the 1st and not have to train incase he got took down?

Train what? So you mean didn't he have his teammates beat him into a walking coma so that he could practice his bjj....probably not

WTF are you and other people talking about? JDS was gassed in two minutes. Before the big right hand ever landed from Cain. I was impressed that he avoided being stopped and got to his feet every single time he was taken down the whole fight. IDK what went on with JDS to make him gas that bad, i was really hoping for a war between two in-shape fighters. But even gassed as hell Dos Santos was able to do just fine on the ground.

He literally looked gas in about 2 minutes. It was fucking weird.

Perhaps overtraining?

Wrestling > BJJ

That's all there is to it :cool:

True but it would be best if you take the best from each like JBJ. Wrestling, subs, striking. Can't wait for a Cain vs JBJ match.

Ok fine, Everybody has their opinions, including me. But let me say one last opinion. If It had been Mir in this fight, getting that takedown, JDS would have probably walked away with a broken Limb. Of course Mir doesnt have a tough chin, but either did Cain in the 1st fight. I guess what im really saying is something just didnt seem right with JDS tonight. I could see Cain winning, but not as one sided as tonight.

He was doing well avoiding takedowns until he got dropped. After Cain landed that right that was pretty much the fight. Both fights were heavily influenced by one big shot. Not taking away from Cain he did great. I was rooting for jds but this is almost a plus because it sets up an inevitable rubber match. Props to Cain.

Cain's wrestling and positional grappling along with ground and pound is superior to JDS' ground game.

It looked like he could have got a reversal several times when he was getting up, he should definitely start training that.

It looked to me that he never really tried to implement it. All of his focus was on reversing and getting back up. I wish he would've tried to establish top position a bit more. He had the opportunity to try to do it several times. We've seen many times over the years in MMA that a lot of good wrestlers look like a fish out of water when they're put on their backs. That's just a spot they're not used to being in.

JDS has an awful and weak ground game and is just a brawler. He got exposed.

JDS has an awful and weak ground game and is just a brawler. He got exposed.

Yes, because consistently getting back to your feet over and over again against a very good wrestler even while gassed is indicative of "an awful and weak ground game".

he was dead tired and still managed to get up every time he was taken down. how is that not showing a ground game? look at what cain did to a fresh bigfoot in the first round. just because you have good jiujitsu doesn't mean you sub a guy as soon as it hits the floor. plus cain is a ground fighter

And to the retards, Cain would have subbed Jds easily if he wasn't highly trained in bjj.

Absolutely. If not for JDS's ground-game and Cain's respect for it....Cain would have submitted JDS early on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back