Where was JDS ground game?

IDGETKTFO

White Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Im not a JDS hater, I actually like the guy. I also like Cain. That being said, where was this ground game he never has to use, but we were eventually supposed to see? I guess he just didnt want to show us tonight? Like i said I like both guys, so its probably easy for me to nitpik but out of all honesty, i thought once someone took JDS down, we would see some of this Jit he is supposed to have, but...nope.

Its hard to implement a ground game when the shit's being beat outta you

Wrestling > BJJ

That's all there is to it :cool:

Dude was so gassed he could barely lift his arms.. ground game goes out the door when you're dead tired.

The Carwin's takedown attempt told the story. JDS looked really scared.

Cain has a better ground game, it was never a secret.

Seemed to me after getting dropped in the first he was concussed and adrenaline dumped. He wasn't going to be throwing down any BJJ once sweat started pouring.

He got back to his feet almost every time he was taken down. Even after he gassed.

Were you expecting omoplatas?

Dude was so gassed he could barely lift his arms.. ground game goes out the door when you're dead tired.

But what im trying to say is that, If he has this JJ we never get to see, would he not train this. I mean did he expect to catch Cain again in the 1st and not have to train incase he got took down?

well jds didnt bring his black belt into the cage so he couldnt use it.

But what im trying to say is that, If he has this JJ we never get to see, would he not train this. I mean did he expect to catch Cain again in the 1st and not have to train incase he got took down?

Ummm, idk if u watched the same fight but it looked to me that jds never recovered from that first round knockdown...so yeah. I'm surprised he made it thru all five rounds.

What fight did you just watch? This one was won mostly on the feet. Cain could've failed in all of his takedown attempts and he still would've stomped JDS. He didn't come close to landing one when both were fresh.

There's a lot to say about the god awful performance JDS just put on, but his TDD and ability to scramble looked pretty good.

I'm sure he trained to not gas but shit happens I guess.

Train what? So you mean didn't he have his teammates beat him into a walking coma so that he could practice his bjj....probably not

Seriously though. People lie, not everyone is a black belt JDS isn't a black belt.

Hell if you wanna get down to it compared to guys like Werdum, Maia, Jacare, Marcelo Garcia, and whoever else REAL BLACK BELTS! Best in the world type black belts, Guys like Nog, not a black belt in their world. Frank Mir, sorry nope fake MMA black belt. Nick Diaz even, he was gonna grapple a real black belt he knew not too show. Not saying these guys aren't great just saying Black belts are not as hard to get as they used too be. It's becoming more and more rare that there legit.

What fight did you just watch? This one was won mostly on the feet. Cain could've failed in all of his takedown attempts and he still would've stomped JDS. He didn't come close to landing one when both were fresh.

There's a lot to say about the god awful performance JDS just put on, but his TDD and ability to scramble looked pretty good.

I watched a fight where a BB JJ guy got taken down, and scrambled for dear life to get back up on his feet as if his life depended on it. That is my whole point, I was under the impression he was well rounded, and his strikingt was soo good he never had to use it. But tonight he looked like a , and i hate to say it...A one trick pony.

Back