Where to buy Oly weight set??

evilf22

Blue Belt
Reaction score
decided to train at home. been lurking craigslist, but im tired of dealing with shady craigslist people. i think ill just spend the extra money and buy new. any reccomendations on where to get a fair price on a quality product? most 300 lb sets w/ oly barbell ive seen are around 300 or so. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shipping 300 pounds of steel is kind of expensive, so look locally. There should be some sort of exercise equipment or sporting goods stores nearby if you google.

Shipping on 300lbs will run you almost $250...

i know, im checking local chains and no luck. walmart, dicks, target. this is very frustrating. if you want a bowflex there is 100+ places in town to buy one, but a basic oly set.... like pulling teeth.

Sports Authority should have a 275lb oly weight set for about $100.

the wal-mart I live near sells the iron cheap ...if you order something from wal-mart online, you can pick it up from the store & get free shipping that way.

not encouraging you to buy it from wal-mart, just throwing out an option.

if you want a bowflex there is 100+ places in town to buy one, but a basic oly set.... like pulling teeth.

That's how you know you're doing something right.

Try PlayitAgain Sports, Dicks, Sports Authority or Craigslist.

Edit: I need to actually read your post. Dicks usually has oly sets. You might ask them to order one for you. Playitagain Sports also has cheap oly sets.

Above beat me to it, but Sears sells bars and Oly sets starting at ~100.00. Walmart has plates, sometimes you can find a 7ft bar in one too- don't automatically think because its not on their website that its not in the store.

im all over their site but cant find anything about an olympic set. you sure its sports authority?

Yeh, I never saw it in site, they had a rack of them at my local store near the dumbbells. There was like a 100lb, 190lb, and 275lb set.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...Strength+Training&sName=Weight+Benches+&+Sets

you can get it delivered to your nearest store for free. I got mine from there just slightly different. It was going to take 6 weeks to get to my store so I got a cheaper oly bar from them and bought the plates. My set is almost the same just with a 25lb bar in place of te 45lber.

YES!!! thanks sooooo much!!! i knew sherdog would come through. almost look like bumper plates too....

YES!!! thanks sooooo much!!! i knew sherdog would come through. almost look like bumper plates too....

yea they are rubber encased. I am very happy with the weights. I will upgrade the bar sometime in the future. But yea I have been very happy with the product.

The budget set is the best deal ANTWHERE.

I'm sold.

are you after a general set, or one for actual oly lifting?

for the mail, jesupgym has really good prices. i haven't priced much shit out from them, but my mom got me an oly bar from them for like less than $150.

that sera link failed for me, but if it's the set with lead weights with colors rubber rings around the outside, i would strongly suggest you try to find another set first. the weights will not sit on the ground properly- they sit on a slant. it's really annoying. also, the bar sucks. it has shitty knurling, and it's not balanced well.

are you after a general set, or one for actual oly lifting?

for the mail, jesupgym has really good prices. i haven't priced much shit out from them, but my mom got me an oly bar from them for like less than $150.

that sera link failed for me, but if it's the set with lead weights with colors rubber rings around the outside, i would strongly suggest you try to find another set first. the weights will not sit on the ground properly- they sit on a slant. it's really annoying. also, the bar sucks. it has shitty knurling, and it's not balanced well.

I'm sure you could get better quality elsewhere but for $220 or something from sears, rubber encased with 300lbs of weight with free shipping to your nearest store you can't really go wrong.

I have found the quality to be alright. I agree that they don't sit perfectly straight but it is not really noticeable. I am going to invest in some better end clamps however.

I'm sure you could get better quality elsewhere but for $220 or something from sears, rubber encased with 300lbs of weight with free shipping to your nearest store you can't really go wrong.

I have found the quality to be alright. I agree that they don't sit perfectly straight but it is not really noticeable. I am going to invest in some better end clamps however.
yeah, it's a nice stater set. one thing i would look for would be a pair of 100's or something like that, that you could put on in the middle and would be taller than your weider rubber 45s. that could potentially help alot. i use mine barbell off the floor only, so it's a big deal to me, whereas someone who only maybe deadlifted off the floor might not think it's a big deal.

yeah, it's a nice stater set. one thing i would look for would be a pair of 100's or something like that, that you could put on in the middle and would be taller than your weider rubber 45s. that could potentially help alot. i use mine barbell off the floor only, so it's a big deal to me, whereas someone who only maybe deadlifted off the floor might not think it's a big deal.

very true on the height of the weights. To make it worse for me they didn't even have and 45's when I bought my stuff! So I have a shit load of 25's sitting on paint cans. Now tell me that isn't ghetto, lol. I am going to get some 45's as soon as they come in, But it would be nice if they were a little bigger but for a starter set i dont think you can go wrong.

Back