Where the hell is Andre Berto?

VisceralDragon

Green Belt
Reaction score
He has really shot himself in the foot by not taking the 50-50 split and fighting Mosley imo. So who is he going to fight instead? his mandatory is selcuk aydin, but that doesn't seem to be happening, everybody(me included) seems to want to see him fight Cotto but that's not happening either. What do you guys think?.

I can't blame him for backing out of the Mosley fight the first time but was there a sec. offer?

I like Berto and want see be more active cause right now he can't draw flies to watch him fight. I would like to see him fight Collazo or Clottey but Clottey moving to MW, so I don't we get that fight. He needs to defend his belt one more time before I think he can choose someone else.

not on my tv which is a good thing.he is talks to fight unranked by the ring mag Selcuk Aydin from turkey he is 20-0 but really should have lost his last fight.Aydin has decent power but thats all berto should beat him but i hoping aydin ko's him

He has really shot himself in the foot by not taking the 50-50 split and fighting Mosley imo.

I think Berto loses a lopsided decision or possibly gets knocked out against Mosley so I don't blame him for not taking it

If Paul Williams still insists on going back to welterweight, then a fight with Berto would be cool.

Otherwise, Berto may have to settle for up-and-comers

i'll bet anybody that Berto's next opponent is a lightweight or junior welterweight.

i'll bet anybody that Berto's next opponent is a lightweight or junior welterweight.

can you blame him? it wont be at lw but shit at jww theres so much talent hes got to hit it up.

anyway of course he backe out of the mosely fight. hes a guy that lives on emotion and isnt mentally tough. when that hurricane hit haiti and he didnt even know if his family members were DEAD under a pile of rubble, how do you expect him to go into the toughest fight of his life like that?

anyway he kod cintron in front of a miami crowd that included bow wow chris brown and probably rick ross so id say hes acutally being more visible than 99% of boxers acutally. other than mayweather, pacquiao, and like klitchko in germany, aint to many getting more hype than berto

I heard that he wants to go to 140 ..Berto vs Judah sounds cool .But in the future
Alvares vs Berto would be the shit' what do you folks think.

Last I heard he was on twitter talking shit about how he's ready to take on Mosley now and that Manny is fighting scrubs and things like that.:rolleyes:

can you blame him? it wont be at lw but shit at jww theres so much talent hes got to hit it up.

anyway of course he backe out of the mosely fight. hes a guy that lives on emotion and isnt mentally tough. when that hurricane hit haiti and he didnt even know if his family members were DEAD under a pile of rubble, how do you expect him to go into the toughest fight of his life like that?

anyway he kod cintron in front of a miami crowd that included bow wow chris brown and probably rick ross so id say hes acutally being more visible than 99% of boxers acutally. other than mayweather, pacquiao, and like klitchko in germany, aint to many getting more hype than berto

1. Berto is a welterweight. He shouldn't be fighting lightweights and jr. welterweights.

2. I completely give him a pass for not fighting Mosley. Like you said, he had a large amount of family members who were effected by the earthquake. It's reasonable for him to want to help out.

3. Knocked out Cintron? What Cintron of note did Berto ever fight? Not Kermit?

not on my tv which is a good thing.he is talks to fight unranked by the ring mag Selcuk Aydin from turkey he is 20-0 but really should have lost his last fight.Aydin has decent power but thats all berto should beat him but i hoping aydin ko's him

@ResytNivek "when we going to see Berto again?" If they can finalize the deal, he'll fight Aydin (his mandatory) on the 11/27 HBO undercard.

Dan Rafael (danrafaelespn) on Twitter

Paul Williams still insists on going back to welterweight, then a fight with Berto would be cool. Berto may have to settle for up-and-comers

I don't think Williams will get back down to welter ... he's already pretty big for the division and has spend too much time at the higher weights to get back down IMO

Berto and P-Will have the same problem, both boxers want the big fights but they don't bring enough money to the table

high risk, low reward

I like Berto but he needs to think before he tweets. I'm not sure if he would be comfortable dropping down to 140lbs.

i'd like to see cotto vs berto, dude never seems to want those big fights

Berto is fighting on the undercard of JMM/Katsidis at the end of the month against Freddy Herndanez. Herndanez has been on a tear latey knockout people out and is a big WW, so I think it going to be a good fight with Berto having trouble getting inside of him but sooner or later will and he'll get the KO late in the fight.

Back