Where the GOATS thought of as prospects when they started?

The LW GOAT Erik Silva was a highly touted prospect coming up into the UFC... He still has plenty of tread on the tires and gas in the tank, he’s finally going to realize his ceiling by dropping to 155. He will win his way back to the big show and go onto a 22 fight winning streak. He will easily work his way to the title, defending a few times, that is until destiny collides. Khabib will come out of retirement, putting that 30-0 record on the line to face him. He will lopsidedly defeat Khabib through superior grappling and continue defending until he’s the first 50 year old to successfully win a Championship UFC fight...

The other GOAT’s, are the representation of determination and resilience, seeing into the future as I do is most impressive
Todd Duffey
Johnny Walker
Sage NorthGOAT
Paige VanZant

Shit in PRIDE one would pretty much be expected to be flexible with an opponent’s weight.

I don’t think they would let GSP fight Carlos Newton over and over and over again. Lol

Im guessing he would make sure to stay in Bushido the whole time but man it would have fun to see Good Guy George fight blood thirsty Pele and his mean ass. lol
No Rush Grappler vs Thomas Denny - 1.gifNo Rush Grappler vs Thomas Denny - 3.gif No Rush Grappler vs Thomas Denny - 4.gif

pride bushido.gif

- Sakakibara: "Hello, Mr No Rush-san...Sakakibara callin´...'
- No Rush: "Bonjour, Boss-san!"

- Sakakibara: "See, in your last fight against Buscape, you had 12 yellow cards... and since we doubled up on that UFC offer, you now owe us 400 $"'
- No Rush: "...."

- Sakakibara: "OK... We have no more Bushido cards this year, but there´s a spot at the OW Tournament, against Randleman...Are you in?'
- No Rush: "uh, see...sorry, Ive jus´received a 100K $ offer from UFC...Bye!"

View attachment 788278

Negociation certified by: @Typrune Goatley

You are good for the asylum bro.

The commentators didn't hype Fedor up in Pride. Silva was one of the current best coming into the UFC but not everyone thought he'd make it. GSP wasn't overly praised either. I feel like there's WAY too much push for whatever new, young guy comes next to be the next greatest thing ever. I just wish people would watch things happen before talking big about an unproven fighter.

Fedor wasn’t really seen as unbeatable in PRIDE. Herring was expected to beat him, Nog was really expected to win, and Cro Cop was expected to outright murder him.

Well, Herring was expected to win by everyone. Nog was definitely expected to win by most (not me, but most) in their first fight. No one expected that after the first fight. Watching Nog try to beat Fedor was like watching Charlie Brown try to kick the football. As for CC, he was absolutely not expected to murder Fedor by anyone other than the small but vocal Croatian minority on here back in the day (don't know what happened to all those "legs big" boys). The consensus on here was pretty much 50/50 either way which made sense at the time.

That fight was HUGE back in the day!!!

GSP was labelled as the Future before facing Hughes the first time.

turned out putting a 7-0 only fighter Vs the WW goat at that time,
who was 36-4 was a little too soon.

Even tho GSP was probably already the better fighter at that point.
Gsp was tearing Hughes up early in the fight until a mistake at the last moment and quickly tapped before the bell. He froze in the spotlight you could say, and tapped like you would early in training. And the bell went right then too.

If Gsp had waited a few more seconds for the bell, there is a good chance he could have wound up winning the fight.
But the lose actually made him learn, and his career was better for it imo.

GSP and Jones yeah. Fedor was smashing a lot of cans in between real fights, so he was just kind of his own thing ... because pride. Silva was pretty decently known even before his UFC debut, so I dunno if people thought of him as a 'prospect' so much as a really good import that had a great chance of challenging for the belt.

Cain was a huge prospect that made his way to the belt. He was supposed to annihilate JDS on Fox, but ATT made sure his knees blew.

What...are.....ya...talkin´...about....

View attachment 788319
Here

Hughes eye was bloodied, got rocked and only layed in him for the first take down he had to slam to get while Gsp was trying for a kimura.
Second take down by Hughes at end of fight went pretty effortlessly. Almost like Gsp had an adrenaline dump from the nerves of his forst big fight.

Aldo almost came out of nowhere in the WEC. Kinda like Yan now tbh.

Here

Hughes eye was bloodied, got rocked and only layed in him for the first take down he had to slam to get while Gsp was trying for a kimura.
Second take down by Hughes at end of fight went pretty effortlessly. Almost like Gsp had an adrenaline dump from the nerves of his forst big fight.
hmm...yeah....it´s a myth. Already assessed here:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-buster-douglas.3935185/page-4#post-159872308

"It was a good showing in defeat."

> hmmm... Your technical assessment of that fight is a lil bit overrated & pretty inaccurate, tbh.

He did take Hughes down pretty quickly (@4mn25), but inflicted no damage, and Hughes got back to his feet after a few sec.
The only other legit scorin´in that Round was:
- the spinnin´shit @ 2mn, technical sequence that you´re a lil bit overratin´ since Hughes was not goin´forward, he was actually anticipatin´it & goin´backwards.
- & a left jab @ 4mn35.
Ground Control No Rush = 10 sec
Then Hughes got his 1st TD, slammed him.
Ground Control = 44 sec but no real damage inflicted
Then Hughes got his 2nd TD.
Ground Control = 1mn15 sec
TOTAL Ground Control Hughes = 2mn.
That´s a lot under UFC´s Scorin´System.

Note: the poster who was defendin´your narrative in that Decons has completely changed his mind, cheeck with him.

Lol Jones was seen as the future after the Bonnar fight

That whole post sounds like theyre just reading off Wikipedia bios as they were typing.

Imagine after cracking Veras orbital, beating Bader and the Bonnar fight that noone had really gave a shit about Jones.
Calm down fanboys, i clearly said it was my personal perspective. I wasnt speaking for the masses. Maybe i slept on Jones when everyone was hyped. Oh well. Hes still the PEDGOAT anyways.

Back