Where is Tyrone Spong? 205 contender?

Tyrone Spong best in which division

• Total voters

KingGoat

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This guy is an absolute beast standing and would certainly be a great addition to the 205 division, potentially even Heavyweight prospect which would be a breath of fresh air, the guys only fucking 30 yrs old.
I haven't seen or heard anything since TUF!

Any opinions ?

he cant fuck with the lhw elite in mma

I'm not so sure, never seen him off his back to be fair but he has elite striking, surely all that time with the Blackzilians has brought that up

I doubt he'll ever make a return to MMA. Would have been nice to see him pan out and actually become a contender in the MMA LHW's. It's a division that's desperate for someone like him.

Assuming no PEDs he would make LHW. Else he might go the way of Vitor and Wanderlei upon better testing. Still don't see him doing much at LHW.

I think he has something going on with BAMMA, if I'm not mistaken.

I vote LHW. He would get wrestlef-cked by DC and Jones (maybe even Bader), but would probably touch the chinny chins of Gus, OSP, Manuwa, etc.

If he never cut weight (to MW), I don't think he should start now, especially in the big leagues.

At HW, he would be outsized, but would still do well against most dudes.

Spong got all he could handle from that fat little Mexican named Angel over in woof. Lets not get ahead of ourselves by comparing him to elite ufc fighters. We aren't sure he can compete with above average ma fighters yet.

Back