Where is Bader now - what do you do if you're him?

LHW division sucks. He still has a place there, but he is going to be entering the rematch circuit soon. Fights with Cummins, Shogun,and aren't that appealing, but there might be something to a fight with Gus. He's in gatekeeper territory, unless he goes on an impressive streak, so I guess it depends on how motivated he still is.

Just keep putting the work in and rising up against the haters.

Never understood the Bader hate

You would think that a Caucasian American MMA fighter with an 8 pack would be extremely popular but it seems not....Gues he needs to start taking WWE shit talking classes

Mixed martial arts discrimination at its worst.

Retire yesterday

Actually, I'm not a fan of crass remarks toward pro fighters generally, but this is the first thing I thought. The guy literally turtled up and surrendered before ever being hit. Shameful performance.

Fight as many times as he can and save his money.

good time to retire. He opened up his own gym and he's got kids. He's had a nice run the last couple of fights, but he's nothing more than a gatekeeper at this point. He's nowhere near the level of the top guys Jones, Cormier, Gus, and Rumble.

Fight as many times as he can and save his money.
Money isn't going to be a concern, he married into money. His wife's family owns nearly every car dealership in Arizona.

Will never get a title shot. Will win some fights then get beat by anyone in the top 5.

Remain gatekeeper, invest wisely, listen to friends and family when they say its time to stop.

Couldn't have said it better myself, infact i'd even go as far as advise him to Chael his way into a heel situation and get guys to root against him, worked for Kos for a while.

Just keep putting the work in and rising up against the haters.

Never understood the Bader hate

You would think that a Caucasian American MMA fighter with an 8 pack would be extremely popular but it seems not....Gues he needs to start taking WWE shit talking classes

Mixed martial arts discrimination at its worst.

Gus is the designated white hope. There can only be one per division.

Not a massive fan of the guy but he put a good string of wins together and can beat most people by decision imo.

Now that his run is finished by Rumble, where does this place him? Near the back of the top 10, or around number 5?

I think he's too big to go to MW, and I'm not sure if he has the chin or mentality to go to HW and try his luck. Bit of an awkward place to be when the boss knows you can beat a fair number of his exciting guys via decision, but will likely make it ugly and not get past Rumble DC and Bones.

Shoot for an early ill thought out takedown and hope for the best?

He's improved a lot, and I'm sure he'll continue to do so. Will he ever beat the truly elite of the division? Probably not, but hell, Lawler and RDA are champs.

I think fights with Gus or a Glover rematch both make sense.

Move up to heavyweight. Maybe it's a case similar to Poirier/Whittaker/etc, where the weight-cut has more negative affects than he thinks.

HW is pretty old anyway. He may fair better there
Making weight isnt the issue. Getting hit is.
He needs to go play badminton.

He's still doing well.

Not too far off from a title shot, though I see him hitting a brick wall with those 3 or 4 in front of him.

He's still doing well.

Not too far off from a title shot, though I see him hitting a brick wall with those 3 or 4 in front of him.
Lol not to far off? Come on now. He went on a 5 fight win streak to olny have dana deny him. He is further from a lhw title shot than dillashaw is.

Lol not to far off? Come on now. He went on a 5 fight win streak to olny have dana deny him. He is further from a lhw title shot than dillashaw is.

I don't get it.

Dillashaw isn't far at all.

Back