Where does Zlatan Ibrahimovic rank amongst this generation?

It's not easy for him to leave Bayern unfortunately, they're known for being tough when it comes to keeping hold of people they want to keep, he'd have to run down his contract.
I don't see why that's particularly unfortunate. They just won a treble... He's playing for the best team in the world.

I don't see why that's particularly unfortunate. They just won a treble... He's playing for the best team in the world.

I mean in terms of proving himself in a variety of leagues. I'd like to see if he could put up the same numbers in la Liga or the prem.

A lot of people value team loyalty.

Are you refering to me or Lewandowski? :D

If Lewandowski was loyal, he would have stayed in Dortmund.

He's an opportunist and trophy hunter. He prefers winning over loyalty.(Nothing wrong with that)

Also, wasn't there a story a couple seasons back, that Lewandowski wants to go to Madrid, so Bayern bumped his pay to prevent it from happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy's longevity is amazing.
After he tore up hie knee when he played for United, and went to play in the MLS, i thought he was done, but he is now one of the top scorers in Serie A, at the age of 39 ,proving his doubters wrong.

The guy is a goal machine everywhere he goes, he can do it in every league.

For me he's the clear #3, behind Ronaldo and Messi.

Shame he never won the Champions League.

I'd say part of the reason he's lasted so well is because he's a pure goal taker, not really a big team player or someone who depends on work rate but just an inspired scorer, maybe an argument for the best ever.

His goal against Italy at Euro 2004 is probably the best one I'v ever seen in person.

If you were being critical you could say I spose he's tended to do best in environments were the pace is a bit slower and you get a bit more space/time.

Last edited:
There was a time when he was at Juve he was my favourite player. Incredibly talented, strong player and still putting it in over in Serie A. Messi and Ronaldo have the stats, and at their best, you would probably pick either in your team ahead of Ibra, but hes definitely one of the best in his generation, and quite the character too.

Oh, yeah, I don't think that's gonna happen. Neymar isn't a young prospect anymore. He should be at his absolute peak right now and he isn't #1 in the world on most people's lists this year.
king of dribbling

Are you refering to me or Lewandowski? :D

If Lewandowski was loyal, he would have stayed in Dortmund.

He's an opportunist and trophy hunter. He prefers winning over loyalty.(Nothing wrong with that)

Also, wasn't there a story a couple seasons back, that Lewandowski wants to go to Madrid, so Bayern bumped his pay to prevent it from happening?
Yes, that's all true. I just meant that a lot of people prefer to see an athlete stick with a team.

I don't care either way. I won't fault him for either one.

Fucken love Ibra

Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-Long-Volley-Goal.gif

Last edited:
Zlaton is easily number two behind the goat Ronaldo.

For me, his consistently good performances throughout the years are what seperates him from the pack.

From 2006 to 2020 Zlatan has been one of the best strikers un Europe. No One has had such longevity, no matter what position,except GK (Shoutout to Buffon and Casillas), aside from Messi or Ronaldo.

Fat Ronaldo had a short prime, Ronaldinho had a short prime, and Xavi and Iniesta played in Qatar and Middle East in their mid-30's.

Which player (except GK's) has been Elite in Top 5 leagues for 15 years? Messi, Ronaldo, Zlatan. That's it.

Zlatan is the best 40 year old in the history of the game.
This is spot on.
It's insane how he can be a serious pillar of top tier football akin to Ronaldo and Messi on their teams, but with 5 years of gap.

His overhead goal was a thing of absolute beaty.

Back