Where does this stereotype come from?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I keep hearing how young women are immature, obnoxious and annoying to be around. But this is completely the opposite of what i have experienced. Most younger women are friendly, cool, calm and easy to get along with and their optimistic about life.

I cant be the only who experienced this. Legit don`t recall meeting a vindictive, mean spirited young woman.

some are awful, some are great.
just keep your eyes open when deciding on a partner.
holy fucking platitudes that i wrote.

I understand that but its not about partnership per say but also in regards to interaction in terms of work and socializing. The only bad younger women on display is some ghetto social media chick that is yelling and screaming. They do exist but in the offline world, i do not run in to them.

Most are quite, respectful and friendly regardless of looks.

I understand that but its not about partnership per say but also in regards to interaction in terms of work and socializing. The only bad younger women on display is some ghetto social media chick that is yelling and screaming. They do exist but in the offline world, i do not run in to them.

Most are quite, respectful and friendly regardless of looks.
well most people who want to keep their job aren't acting crazy. being a woman doesn't have much connection to it.

Older women are like that too, you just don't hear about it much cause who the fuck wants to talk about women over 25

I use to try talking to older women and be good to them but they are just so damn angry about anything and everything. I know I am not the only one. So because of that, most folks would rather avoid older women which is understandably reasonable.

well most people who want to keep their job aren't acting crazy. being a woman doesn't have much connection to it.

I understand but I always hear how awful younger women are and how immature and terrible they are and yet I do not see it at all. Almost all of them are nice, helpful, patient and nurturing.

Too many people think that all younger people in real life are like the ones they see on social media. Ain't like that in my experience.

Same here and this is why I made this thread. The ones I met in real life are super nice, friendly and pretty calm and relaxed. Social media shows that they are either some foul mouthed hood rats or some e hoe begging for a dollar.

Its the classic case of squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Interestingly, i didn't know this stereotype but from my experiences, it does seem fairly accurate.

It's not that they're mean and vindictive, quite the opposite actually. For the most part I've found them innocent and naive, almost annoyingly so. They simply have not been beaten down by life/society yet and generally have a much different perspective. Personally I have no real issue with it though, I actually enjoy youthful exuberance.

I keep hearing how young women are immature, obnoxious and annoying to be around. But this is completely the opposite of what i have experienced. Most younger women are friendly, cool, calm and easy to get along with and their optimistic about life.

I cant be the only who experienced this. Legit don`t recall meeting a vindictive, mean spirited young woman.

I think this is a yes and a no.

Young women:
Young women can get away with a lot more shit (assuming they are reasonably attractive that is)... the more people can get away with the worst their behavior tends to be. Yes, they still have optimistic outlooks on life but they can do a lot of shady shit, like this for example:

The chick that tricked thousands of men on a pretend date for clout.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/natash...r-explains-purpose-behind-dating-competition/

Going out with guys on a date for a free meal then ghosting them. They are not angels.

However, the world hasn't beaten the shit out of them yet (in most cases) and while they still have their youth, they are very confident (sometimes overly so) and have a different energy.

Older women:
Have ample experience with life and are a jaded (this happens to people in general, not just women). If she is single and deemed a cougar, there's likely going to be some latent resentment there. Either some dude(s) wasted her youth, she wasted her own youth, or she was married and divorced. In many cases they are bitter, and it is exacerbated by the young chicks that "used to be her," gently pushing her out of the prime spot of the dating market.

With that said, while they can often still be stubborn in their older age, they can often be more compliant out of desperation... sometimes to their own detriment.

This clip hit the nail on the head:

It's odd when you think about it.

Many guys will say "Men and women can't be friends/they don't make good friends" usually centered around what would they have in common to talk about, etc.

Then an age gap dating thread will come about, and you'll see almost the same statements, just aimed at women of a younger age...

..so do the older women now magically have common interests now and when does this happen?

Considering the threads that litter Sherdog and how many young women are, most would actually find more in common with them than older women, imo.

It's not that they're mean and vindictive, quite the opposite actually. For the most part I've found them innocent and naive, almost annoyingly so. They simply have not been beaten down by life/society yet and generally have a much different perspective. Personally I have no real issue with it though, I actually enjoy youthful exuberance.

I agree with you and disagree that they are vindictive and for sure its the opposite. But that is the stereotype that is perpetuated which is a blatant lie. Same here, their naivety can be annoying but overall it is very endearing and very inspiring as well as uplifting. They are way more emphatic and compassionate because they have not been beaten down by life or slowed down by aging.

I think this is a yes and a no.

Young women:
Young women can get away with a lot more shit (assuming they are reasonably attractive that is)... the more people can get away with the worst their behavior tends to be. Yes, they still have optimistic outlooks on life but they can do a lot of shady shit, like this for example:

The chick that tricked thousands of men on a pretend date for clout.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/natash...r-explains-purpose-behind-dating-competition/

Going out with guys on a date for a free meal then ghosting them. They are not angels.

However, the world hasn't beaten the shit out of them yet (in most cases) and while they still have their youth, they are very confident (sometimes overly so) and have a different energy.

Older women:
Have ample experience with life and are a jaded (this happens to people in general, not just women). If she is single and deemed a cougar, there's likely going to be some latent resentment there. Either some dude(s) wasted her youth, she wasted her own youth, or she was married and divorced. In many cases they are bitter, and it is exacerbated by the young chicks that "used to be her," gently pushing her out of the prime spot of the dating market.

With that said, while they can often still be stubborn in their older age, they can often be more compliant out of desperation... sometimes to their own detriment.

This clip hit the nail on the head:

Fair point but I noticed the bad of younger women is far less malice than the bad of older women.

My experience with older women is that, they would come to me and flirt, lead me on and either ghost or do an extremely harsh public rejection so that she can feel like she got some "revenge" and that she got me which was weird because I was going to tea place and extended a polite invitation which is something I extended to even guys as a platonic hang out. Like having a normal conversation, she asks "What are you up to now?" Me " going to relax at a coffee shop for some tea, you are welcome to come by" Her " I HAVE A BOYFRIEND THANK YOU!!!!" I wanted to correct her but decided to just let it go and just said "ok" and made sure to never talk to her.

The other bad experience is that, I was being social and friendly with this older woman, she started getting touchy touchy at the fitness place, she would always jump in if a younger woman asked a question or engaged in a casual conversation. In yoga class, she would put her mat right next to mine or ask a lady beside me if she could move so she could be with practicing next to her " friend" which was eerie since we never hung out ever. Overall. this was two bad experiences. Either an older woman seeking validation and biding her time for some epic Karen like loud rejection to what was just polite invite.

I have had many similar experiences like this and all of them were older women 30 and up. Then I thought about and came to a realization that I have NEVER had any bad experience with a younger woman. In fact, rejection is done very quietly and ghosting is better than public humiliations or making a scene.

Ghosting and free dinners are shitty but they are avoidable. For me, public humiliations are something I have a very difficult time getting over.

It's odd when you think about it.

Many guys will say "Men and women can't be friends/they don't make good friends" usually centered around what would they have in common to talk about, etc.

Then an age gap dating thread will come about, and you'll see almost the same statements, just aimed at women of a younger age...

..so do the older women now magically have common interests now and when does this happen?

Considering the threads that litter Sherdog and how many young women are, most would actually find more in common with them than older women, imo.

Yeah its weird because older women critiquing men their age dating younger women tend to go something like this:

"he is twice her age, they didn't listen to the same music growing up"

Meanwhile your music culture to a younger woman is the true joy because its a new experience for them and its a bonding experience. It is a form of multi-culturism with the culture being not race or nationality but timeline.

Hm…

giphy.webp

Fair point but I noticed the bad of younger women is far less malice than the bad of older women.

Indeed.

My experience with older women is that, they would come to me and flirt, lead me on and either ghost or do an extremely harsh public rejection so that she can feel like she got some "revenge" and that she got me which was weird because I was going to tea place and extended a polite invitation which is something I extended to even guys as a platonic hang out. Like having a normal conversation, she asks "What are you up to now?" Me " going to relax at a coffee shop for some tea, you are welcome to come by" Her " I HAVE A BOYFRIEND THANK YOU!!!!" I wanted to correct her but decided to just let it go and just said "ok" and made sure to never talk to her.

Of course, some of them are bitter at that point, like I said. They enjoy "punishing" men for what some dude(s) did to them in their prime. With that said, it isn't like young gals don't enjoy a good humiliating rejection either. There are entire blogs and websites where chicks have giant circle-jerks showing off the text messages of guys they reject. Even the young girls often get off on hurting men. This schadenfreude doesn't really have an age limit.

The other bad experience is that, I was being social and friendly with this older woman, she started getting touchy touchy at the fitness place, she would always jump in if a younger woman asked a question or engaged in a casual conversation. In yoga class, she would put her mat right next to mine or ask a lady beside me if she could move so she could be with practicing next to her " friend" which was eerie since we never hung out ever. Overall. this was two bad experiences. Either an older woman seeking validation and biding her time for some epic Karen like loud rejection to what was just polite invite.

The older women are much more forward, I think that's a well known fact. Don't let that one rejection paint your expectations for all future ones, she may really want the D!

Back