Where does MJ DB rank on the list fo all time robberies?

I rank it pretty high. I think Machida Shogun I and Machida Davis are both in the "close fight" category, while last night's decision was pretty bad.

It was indeed a horrible robbery. You'd have to truly be biased to Dariush to discredit the game from MJ in the second round, people making a case for leg kicks is a tough one. The fight wasn't very good, sure, and MJ didn't land very many hands, but he negated ALL td attempts, took away BD's hands and left him with fleeting kicks. That's it. This was definitely a fight where octagon control and aggression was shit on.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6402/Beneil-Dariush-vs-Michael-Johnson

It's resounding - except on sherdog.

I'll say this.

Anyone with a 30-27 card simply can't be taken seriously in this discussion. The "media" has 2 of them.

Ranks right with them considering some of the "all time worst" decisions on your list weren't robberies at all.

That fight is confusing to me. I mean either mj had an off night or all it takes is a jab to throw his game off.

A robbery would be a 30-27 for MJ or a 30-27 for BD.
This fight was dead even.

Johnson won the first, Dariush won the third, fuck knows who won the second.
Should've been a 28-28 draw.

I thought MJ won 29-28, but far from a robbery. Leaving it in the hands of the judges is subjective. Easier said than done, but the only way to avoid an unfavorable decision is to never have one in the first place. Beneil Dariush was classy and forthright as can be in his post fight comments, so props to him.

Kinda funny ts that all the replies to your thread say it wasn't a robbery. Watching it live I thought it was a bad decision but the announcers played a big part in that. I'd go rewatch the fight but I don't care that much. If you care enough to make this thread maybe you should go rewatch the fight with the audio off (and an open mind) and see who you thought really won.

It was indeed a horrible robbery. You'd have to truly be biased to Dariush to discredit the game from MJ in the second round, people making a case for leg kicks is a tough one. The fight wasn't very good, sure, and MJ didn't land very many hands, but he negated ALL td attempts, took away BD's hands and left him with fleeting kicks. That's it. This was definitely a fight where octagon control and aggression was shit on.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6402/Beneil-Dariush-vs-Michael-Johnson

It's resounding - except on sherdog.

https://twitter.com/sportsbetcomau

These bookies even paid the people who bet on MJ. That most definitely qualifies it as a robbery

I'll say this.

Anyone with a 30-27 card simply can't be taken seriously in this discussion. The "media" has 2 of them.

Notice sherdog isn't on there. Pretty sure 2/3 saw 30-27, even Breen. Rashad's dominate 3rd is pretty laughable but what people 'saw' is what has us in this discussion, I do feel you, though, but I saw clear 29-28 for MJ.

I would like to know what you saw in your replay of the fight, that has you in agreement with the official judging.

I don't, actually. It's prob in another thread or something and I've gotta work. Have a good one.

The most basic principal in all combat sports (with judges) is don't leave it up to the judges...it's just that simple.

lol at your sig. Sherdog says your record is 1-2 and yet you claim to be 9-2.

Notice sherdog isn't on there. Pretty sure 2/3 saw 30-27, even Breen. Rashad's dominate 3rd is pretty laughable but what people 'saw' is what has us in this discussion, I do feel you, though, but I saw clear 29-28 for MJ.

I would like to know what you saw in your replay of the fight, that has you in agreement with the official judging.

I don't, actually. It's prob in another thread or something and I've gotta work. Have a good one.

Round 2 is extremely difficult to accurately score. Obviously MJ took round 1, and DB took round 3.

I honestly don't know who to give round 2 to, and I would actually have to watch again.

Also, I am now convinced you definitely have to watch these fights with the volume turned all the way off, like you are watching a silent movie from the 20s, in order to accurately figure out how to score these fights. Otherwise there will just be too much distortion one way or the other.

nothing is worse than kj noons getting jobbed against ryan couture

It doesn't rank at all so stop with this nonsense. R1 johnson R2 could go either way R3 Dariush . Wheres the controversy?

It doesn't rank at all so stop with this nonsense. R1 johnson R2 could go either way R3 Dariush . Wheres the controversy?
I'm really confused by the controversy. It was like Pearson and Sanchez fougth last night, lol

The most basic principal in all combat sports (with judges) is don't leave it up to the judges...it's just that simple.

So you believe that Johnson could have finished Dariush if only he had tried harder to?

I really doubt it.

More likely Johnson would have ended up in a position where he would have either gotten caught himself or Dariush may have taken him down and he would have been dominated by Dariush on the ground.

Johnson's mistake was not doing more to win the 3rd round. Putting more emphasis on finishing Dariush would not have been the right approach as I see it. Sometimes it's just not there.

Back