where does jones/gus rank amongst all time great fights?

This year my favourite was Hunt v Dos Santos. I guess I'd be in the minority though

This year my favourite was Hunt v Dos Santos. I guess I'd be in the minority though

hey, it's all about opinion right. at least you realize that. unlike many people here who often confuse their opinion with fact

When you take into consideration all of the emotion for me, it was the best fight I've ever seen.

I'm leaning towards this. There are some others that are right up there(Diaz/Gomi Diaz/Daley Chael/Anderson I Shogun/Hendo etc), but this might be my favourite.

I think, all things considered, it was the best fight I ever watched. And I've been watching MMA since Fedor - Herring.

It was a great fight and had some additional intangibles going for it: the surprise of how well Gus did, Gus taking Jones down, Jones proving he can take a shot and coming back from adversity to nearly finish Gus in the 4th. I don't know where it ranks all time, but it was a great fight.

Its better than that slop-fest Shogun vs Henderson people fawn over.

wow and according to sherdog Jones is all flash and have 0 boxing ,it cant' be best fight with most strikes being side kicks to thigh...

So many great fights over the years. Just off the top of my head:

Couture/Rizzo I
Shogun/Nog
Henderson/Shogun
Anderson/Sonnen I
Hughes/Trigg II
Hughes/Penn II
Fedor/Crocop
Fedor/Nog
Bonnar/Griffin
Edgar/Tyson Griffin
Sakuraba/Newton