Where does Jon go if he loses?

I don't think Jones is going to want a rematch. Jones has admitted that Gus is in his head and Jones is scared to fight him again so what would an actual loss do to his mentality? I'd like to see Jones get a fight or two against lesser competition before he doesn't believe in himself any longer.

yea you could tell how mentally shook Jon was from the Gus fight watching what he did to Glover. He barely won that fight and looked scared to death the whole time. He basically ran away that whole fight and lnp'ed.

oh wait.

Jones is good enough that if DC does best him, Jon will come back better and take the title back. I do not like Jones, but I can appreciate his skills and development

He is young and will be fine. Cormier has more on the line due to age and other growing job commitments.

I think the bigger question is what will DC if he loses? Part of me thinks he will retire. He will take his big shot, give it his all and if he fails, he'll call it a career.

He has a lot of other projects on the table and if he can't beat Jones, I don't think he'll stick around.

He will retire from MMA and apologize to all of the fans that hated on him all these years..

I think the bigger question is what will DC if he loses? Part of me thinks he will retire. He will take his big shot, give it his all and if he fails, he'll call it a career.

He has a lot of other projects on the table and if he can't beat Jones, I don't think he'll stick around.

I agree this is a possibility. Let's say he gets blown out and Jones finished him late, what is he going to do then? No HW because of Cain and no Jones rematch either. There is no way he will be able to fight with the same motivation and confidence he will have going into Saturday night. And Cormier doesn't strike me as the type to just float around and collect paychecks fighting into middle age.

instant rematch. but that wont happen as jbj got this!

instant rematch if it's a close fight. otherwise fight once (maybe twice) then contend.

if dc dominates jones, i don't see how they can give him an instant rematch. usually, rematches occur when the fight is close. when cain lost to jds, he didn't get an instant rematch. i figure the same would happen to jones.

if dc dominates jones, i don't see how they can give him an instant rematch. usually, rematches occur when the fight is close. when cain lost to jds, he didn't get an instant rematch. i figure the same would happen to jones.

how are Cain Jones even remotely comparable?

Cain had just won the belt when he got KTFO

Jones has the longest running win streak in the UFC, is the greatest 205 champion with the most UFC title defenses ever and is about to break Anderson Silva's alltime record.

Anderson Silva got an instant rematch. Barao was getting the instant rematch after getting dominated and knocked out. These are the two fighters to compare Jones to, not Cain without a single defense...

Unless he gets completely obliterated I expect there will be an immediate rematch. Other than that he drops some and gets to likely fight some of the contenders he beat while champ.

how are Cain Jones even remotely comparable?

Cain had just won the belt when he got KTFO

Jones has the longest running win streak in the UFC, is the greatest 205 champion with the most UFC title defenses ever and is about to break Anderson Silva's alltime record.

Anderson Silva got an instant rematch. Barao was getting the instant rematch after getting dominated and knocked out. These are the two fighters to compare Jones to, not Cain without a single defense...

they're comparable to me, because they were both champions.

you may be right that they may give him an instant rematch. though i don't think it would be right, if jones gets dominated. if they do, it will only make the ufc look even worse than it already does. we'll see.

Unless he gets completely obliterated I expect there will be an immediate rematch. Other than that he drops some and gets to likely fight some of the contenders he beat while champ.

agreed. like i said, if jones gets totally embarrassed in the fight, then it would be pretty stupid for the ufc to give him a rematch. if it's even remotely competitive, i'd expect a rematch.

He is young and will be fine. Cormier has more on the line due to age and other growing job commitments.

True. While this is a huge fight jones is only 27. He can lose this fight come back and be a great champion again. Dc will be 36 soon he needs to win now. It's now or never for him..

they're comparable to me, because they were both champions.

you may be right that they may give him an instant rematch. though i don't think it would be right, if jones gets dominated. if they do, it will only make the ufc look even worse than it already does. we'll see.

well yes of course they are the same that way but you named Cain as an argument for why Jones should not get a title shot when in reality their achievement in the weight class is not comparable at all.
It was fair to not give Cain a rematch but Anderson and Jones are very comparable, even though Jones faced better opponents and Barao had a good streak but as a champion he wasn't as accomplished either.

I am just worried about Cormier's knee. There might not be a rematch either way if he wins and gets surgery right away.

Back