Where does Jon go if he loses?

After Jon loses I think he'll be pretty shaken mentally and not ready for a rematch for at least 12 months.

I think he needs to take a vacation to Sweden to live among the Swedes and train bobsledding to clear his head for mma.

Instant rematch.

Would probably he huge,espeically if dc wins a controversial decision or,if Jones suffers a freak injury while he is dominating or its still in the balance.

I think an instant rematch unless its a beatdown like dillashaw/barao.
No need for jones to move up a division even if he gets demolished, he can come back...

I don't think Jones is going to want a rematch. Jones has admitted that Gus is in his head and Jones is scared to fight him again so what would an actual loss do to his mentality? I'd like to see Jones get a fight or two against lesser competition before he doesn't believe in himself any longer.

He gets an instant rematch, the question is will he want it. Because if DC dominates him, he probably will want to be better prepared and more time not an instant rematch. That 2nd title shot is like last chance in the UFC. When you lose to a champion twice in a row, the UFC doesn't seem interested in selling a 3rd bout a lot of fans believe they know what the outcome will be, hence they don't buy the PPV.

He'll lose a rematch and then have a mixed record trying to get back to the top. DC predicted this.

If he loses in a devastating fashion he could take a year off.

He'll be injured so he'll be out, and the Gus/Rumble winner fights DC for the title next. Jones fights the loser of that fight for the next title shot - and he probably loses to Gus. Then he announces his move to HW and fights a top 5 guy. Kinda hoping for Werdum to give Jones a baptism by fire to the HW division and take home an arm as a souvenir.

If the fight is close, instant rematch, if not, he will just work his way back to the title shot, and that would not take long.

According to the latest trend in UFC he will get an immediate rematch no matter how he loses. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Jones will not receive instant rematch, not after what Cormier does to him! He'll make the inevitable jump to HW, convincingly beat a few mid tier guys but, ultimately, won't be able to compete with the HW elite, e.g., Cain, JDS, Hunt etc. This is the start of the decline of JBJ.

The real question is how many "Should Jones Retire?" threads are we gonna see minutes after the fight, if He loses?!

Along with the 37 "Jonez wus robbed" threads.

Lot of the Jones haters are pathetic. You can see the really malicious hate for him behind some of the posts.

instant rematch of course, then clean up the pitiful rest of the division. what else?

If he loses, he should retire...since he will be "exposed" in doing so.

He'll get an instant rematch even if he gets brutalized for 5 rounds. It's just what the UFC does. The challenger winning a title is always seen as a fluke in their eyes and the former champion gets a "do-over". It's ridiculous but that's how they run things.

If Jones loses, I think we'll find out what kind of fighter he is. Will it motivate him to come back stronger? Will it cause him to completely change his style? Will he go on a skid and no longer have the same drive?

instant rematch.

can't wait for the "should jones retire" poll.

Do you think he should go up to HW where he wont have to cut weight, or will he stay at LHW and work his way back to a tittle shot?

UFC loves rematches for longtime champs... even when not deserved.

Back