Where do you rank Javier Bardem?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Not the most mainstream name, he’s definitely been in a few Hollywood flicks but he’s usually not one of the names that comes up when people talk about the best actors, but I watch a lot of foreign films and I think he’s probably one of the most underrated actors out there. I’d put him in my personal top 10 for sure.

That face definitely gives him a somewhat unfair advantage, it’s like he’s ugly but attractive at the same time (no homo), but damn the dude is so intense on screen, hard to ignore.
<36>

80d1abe930e5c73a3c6aa0e944e9157e.jpg

caricature-01560.jpg

4c838ed744d1042df3ea49ad1561f37d.jpg

javier_bardem_1848825.jpg

images

He's really great. There are a few top performances that may be under most peoples radar like Before Night Falls, Mondays in the Sun and Live Flesh.

If you ask me he's one of the best looking dudes in acting the last couple decades as well

<datassdom>

His performance in No Country for Old Men was fantastic, he’ll be remembered a long time for that role. I didn’t love him as a Bond villain, and I don’t think I’ve seen him in anything else. I’m sure he’s good in just about everything, he’s just a little limited in terms of high profile roles. Disney will get a hold of him soon enough though.

He's pretty good actor. I'd give a 8.5/10 for his acting skills.

I was surprised at how good he was in Skyfall and of course he played No Country perfectly but I'm not interested in a lot of the romance/artsy crap he does.

I was surprised at how good he was in Skyfall and of course he played No Country perfectly but I'm not interested in a lot of the romance/artsy crap he does.
You should check him out in The Counselor, with Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender... definitely not romance.

Next to Mark Ruffalo, Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, and Michael Fassbender = great actors but not really chameleons nor megastar leads -- I feel like Tom Hardy is the current king of this echelon, even though Tom's versatility sort of transcends the class.

Next to Mark Ruffalo, Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, and Michael Fassbender = great actors but not really chameleons nor megastar leads -- I feel like Tom Hardy is the current king of this echelon, even though Tom's versatility sort of transcends the class.

Sorry Javier is a good actor, most of those guys are just awful or one trick poney like Woody, Michael Fassbender is legit though.

That face definitely gives him a somewhat unfair advantage, it’s like he’s ugly but attractive at the same time (no homo), but damn the dude is so intense on screen, hard to ignore.

Spot on. When you watch Vicky Cristina Barcelona, you can see how women would be attracted to him. He's not a handsome man, but he has a certain rugged appeal (being a painter with a devil-may-care approach to life).

Certainly was an ugly looking creep in No Country for Old Men though.

No country for old man and Watchmen were his best movies. As the cold killer and the Comedian are great roles.

Top 25 actors...Top 10 villain

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back