Where can I train in Cincinnati, Ohio?

K

Kaliree

Hey everybody,
I'm looking for some good schools here in Cincinnati. Can anyone give me some leads? Oh, and I already know about Jorge Gurgel, but I just don't see anyone incredible coming out of his school (I'm not counting Rich Franklin - he's sort of his own entity). It's a good place for BJJ, but I don't know about all around MMA. So, anyhow, does anyone know of any good schools where I could train?

In the Dayton area, there is the Brown Institute. Check out browninstitute.com - Jorge taught there a while ago.

Walker mma is also in dayton ... he offers primarily muay thai and is affiliated with gurgel.

In the Dayton area, there is the Brown Institute. Check out browninstitute.com - Jorge taught there a while ago.

Walker mma is also in dayton ... he offers primarily muay thai and is affiliated with gurgel.

so dustin hazelett and the irish hand grenade dont count as good fighters?

jorge's is a good place if you want some good bjj exposure, decent wrestling, good boxing, and decent maui thai. it's really the best place to get everything all in one and the price isnt too bad.

there's a gracie school in cinci if memory serves that does nothing but gi i believe.

there's sacan martial arts (neal rowe is owner) if you want to work your maui thai game... they may do some other stuff (bjj/kali/whatever).

Hey everybody,
I'm looking for some good schools here in Cincinnati. Can anyone give me some leads? Oh, and I already know about Jorge Gurgel, but I just don't see anyone incredible coming out of his school (I'm not counting Rich Franklin - he's sort of his own entity). It's a good place for BJJ, but I don't know about all around MMA. So, anyhow, does anyone know of any good schools where I could train?

come to one of the pro sessions if you're not very impressed.

Okay guys, I chose my words poorly, so my apologies. I didn't mean that JGG Academy wasn't a good school, but I was under the impression that it was mostly focused on grappling and BJJ since that is Jorge's specialty and first love. I will try to stop in for a "pro session" some time. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, Hamilton, have you trained at Sacan at all? I have heard about him before, and I would like to check him out to improve my stand up.

Thanks guys!

why do these threads keep getting posted in the equipment section---go the the grappling forum

good luck with finding a place though

Actually this was the most logical place to post. This section of the forum is all about training equipment, and there isn't anywhere on the forum that relates to finding a place to train (at least not anywhere that I could find).

Why would I post in the grappling section? This isn't about grappling, it is about complete MMA training, not just one facet. If I were just looking for a BJJ school or something I would understand, but I'm not. I was just curious why you would make that comment is all, I don't mean to be argumentative - I just don't see your reasoning.

Better Bodies Ft mitchell Ky, has a bjj and wrestling program going. Very cheap compared to jorges, Great teachers! dont know much about the others, However I think I will give son of siam a try out in Wilder.

Betterbodiesmma.com or sonofsiam.com

Back