Where are Rumble and Gustafsson in all-time great list?

Rumble is top 5 all time at LHW if ur talking skill and head to head. He obv never won the belt tho

Gus doesn’t have as good as a resume, but I’d rank him top 5 ever if ur talking skill also. He’s below rumble tho when you factor in everything

Rumble comes up just short. You can’t be on there when you quit and your best win is Gus.

Gus comes up short as well. His biggest accomplishment is almost beating Jon.

Would they do well in the early era? Yes they’d be at the top of the food chain.

Probably about the same place as Keith Jardine.

They dont place on an all time great list. Gus is someone that almost won gold but he didn't. Rumble is an afterthought on the grand scheme of things.

No way! How many guys from UFC 1 - 3 would take Jones to a disputed decision?

I'm asking pound for pound
its fairly unclear what youre asking for....what does p4p have to do with UFC 1-3?? you understand that back then mixed martial arts meant a mix of fighting arts against each other and not that every competitor had training in all the major aspects of fighting? its really hard ((and pointless)) to take fighters from today and OMG how would they do against guys that had nowhere near the same level of training?!?! obviously they would do well....

as for p4p they dont even get a mention

Rumble has quit mid-fight and taken the easy way out too many times to even be considered for this...
Gus doesnt have very many notable accomplishments sadly

Looking at Gustafssons resume, it’s pretty shit tbh.
<{anton}>

Great fighters, but lost the big fights they needed to win.

Let's see,

Top 10 in LHW only

JBJ
DC
Chuck
Shogun
Page
Lyoto
Hendo
Randy
Tito
Wandy

Nope, not even on the list at 205.
pound 4 pound ?
Forget it.

gus starches all of them besides the top 2. How is chuck number 3? Rampage has better wins

Sadly Gustafsson’s best and most memorable fights were loses

Crumble fought like he had a Toddler Fight IQ in both his TS

I’m actually a fan of both...

and neither are anywhere’s near LHW Greats discussions, Just the brutal truth
<{cruzshake}><{cruzshake}><{cruzshake}><{cruzshake}>

If we are talking about actual skill they’d be in the top 10, rumble probably in the top 5. They aren’t legends though, but they would for sure beat the s* out of Tito/Couture/Iceman/Hendo/Shogun etc. But they are from a newer era so don’t know if it’s comparable, just that they’d probably dominate the LHW scene if they used a time machine.

TS seems to be shitting on these guys. Both of them have had better careers than 99% of people in the sport.

neither of them are "all-time greats".

nothing wrong with that. Both came close to getting titles. both fell short.

Gus may come up as "best Swedish fighter" or something. Or as the guy who almost beat prime Jones.

Rumble would have been on the list if he dethroned Cormier, just like Gus, who nearly won Jones the first time.

I live how people say this, while pretending to ignore that Jones couldn't even walk 6 months before that match,let alone fight. Remember what happened to his toe vs Chael Sonnen?

Well, we all saw what happened in the rematch when Jones had 2 working feet...

I live how people say this, while pretending to ignore that Jones couldn't even walk 6 months before that match,let alone fight. Remember what happened to his toe vs Chael Sonnen?

Well, we all saw what happened in the rematch when Jones had 2 working feet...
Yeah, I do, but he won anyway.

Back