• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where are all the Gane fans?

Gane is still 3rd in the world. He isn't a bad fighter. He matched up well against Francis.
He's not 3rd in the world at all
Suspiciously kept away from grapplers his entire UFC career and has shown he basically has no idea what to do if his opponent takes him down

Where did I do that?

Yes, you most certainly are. In fact, you are not only part of that group, you are the singular person being triggered throughout this thread.

You literally have been writing up ranting paragraphs for arguments you've been having with yourself. You're either a mediocre troll, a child, or actually mentally deranged. Whatever you actually are, I implore you to attempt to use your energy in a manner that is more conducive to an overall increase in your mental health, such as a long walk, or sitting in a straight jacket for like 12-16 hours a day far away from the rest of us.
Lol You seriously are a lunatic man, I'm just responding to you triggered asshats, so what do you expect me to do just sit there and let you say whatever you want without a rebuttle? I'm just telling you the truth about yourselves and you can't handle it, I can tell by the amount of you airhead who get triggered and want to jump in the conversation because I'm triggering your little JonesHaterBasementDwellerFanClub with the truth. Don't like it? Not my problem, you're responsible for what you've become not me. Imagine being such a loser you sit behind a computer screen and cry about a man who's accomplished things you could never dream of all day, and then get angry and cry at someone who tells you exactly what you're doing.

Like you saw this conversation and you were like "<Eek2.0> OH SHIT HES DESCRIBING ME HES DESCRIBING ALL OF US HOW DARE HE!"

Well newsflash little man I'm not saying anything about your little group that the average unbiased mma fan doesnt already know there's a reason you Jones haters get mocked restlessly. So honestly you can take all your "muuuuh mental health" advice and you can try practicing it yourself because I know comming from most Jones obsessed miserable clowns all that is just projection. <Dany07>

hey dude I was rooting for Jon but you need to chill the fuck out and stop living through these fighters... NO buddy just because a fighter you picked to win, won doesn't mean you're better then those who chose Gane. You're not Jon jones
Don't worry about him, people who live vicariously through athletes have always been a terrible posters.
Suspiciously kept away from grapplers his entire UFC career and has shown he basically has no idea what to do if his opponent takes him down
1. Bones
2. Pavlovich
3. Blaydes
4. Aspinall
5. Gane
6. Tuivasa
Lol You seriously are a lunatic man, I'm just responding to you triggered asshats, so what do you expect me to do just sit there and let you say whatever you want without a rebuttle? I'm just telling you the truth about yourselves and you can't handle it, I can tell by the amount of you airhead who get triggered and want to jump in the conversation because I'm triggering your little JonesHaterBasementDwellerFanClub with the truth. Don't like it? Not my problem, you're responsible for what you've become not me. Imagine being such a loser you sit behind a computer screen and cry about a man who's accomplished things you could never dream of all day, and then get angry and cry at someone who tells you exactly what you're doing.

Like you saw this conversation and you were like "<Eek2.0> OH SHIT HES DESCRIBING ME HES DESCRIBING ALL OF US HOW DARE HE!"

Well newsflash little man I'm not saying anything about your little group that the average unbiased mma fan didn't already know there's a reason you Jones haters get mocked restlessly. So honestly you can take all your "muuuuh mental health" advice and you can try practicing it yourself because I know comming from most Jones obsessed miserable clowns all that is just projection. <Dany07>
{<BJPeen}

People were praising him for his athleticism, movement, and striking. Many thought he was the true HW champion who beat Francis.

Yet today all I see is people crapping on him and telling him to retire.

if you're a fan, you stand behind your fighter win/lose/draw.

Did Gane have any real fans or was everyone just a Bones hater?

I'm a fan but also a fan of Jones, Gane will be back, he's still top tier at HW

Don't worry about him, people who live vicariously through athletes have always been a terrible posters.
hey dude I was rooting for Jon but you need to chill the fuck out and stop living through these fighters... NO buddy just because a fighter you picked to win, won doesn't mean you're better then those who chose Gane. You're not Jon jones, you didn't accomplish nothing last night. Except watch a fight that you'd never be brave enough nor skilled enough to compete in
"Living through fighters"? I was pissed at the disrespect shown to skillsets.

Gane was a novice grappler fighting an elite grappler just like Conor was a novice boxer fighting an elite boxer. It was extremely disrespectful towards the art of boxing to say a novice would KO Floyd, just like it was extremely disrespectful to MMA as an art to say a grappling novice couldn't stop Jon from out-grappling them. Even more disrespectful considering UFC 1 already happened and this shit isn't theoretical any longer / it has a storied history of what the correct answer is.

Don't know why you're coming at me. I've competed before so yeah, it pisses me off when people dismiss skillsets as not being a real thing and instead drone on about muscle definition and other inane clueless shit like that.

People were praising him for his athleticism, movement, and striking. Many thought he was the true HW champion who beat Francis.

I think people were just overrating his skill and underrating his limitations. I am a bit of a Gane fan, but I realized that he has limitations, and I don't see him getting a belt again. I am still a bit of a fan, as I like to see talent and atheleticism on display, however, Gane seems to lack the killer instinct and drive to be a long reigning champion. It is what it is.

"Living through fighters"? I was pissed at the disrespect shown to skillsets.

Gane was a novice grappler fighting an elite grappler just like Conor was a novice boxer fighting an elite boxer. It was extremely disrespectful towards the art of boxing to say a novice would KO Floyd, just like it was extremely disrespectful to MMA as an art to say a grappling novice couldn't stop Jon from out-grappling them. Even more disrespectful considering UFC 1 already happened and this shit isn't theoretical any longer / it has a storied history of what the correct answer is.

Don't know why you're coming at me. I've competed before so yeah, it pisses me off when people dismiss skillsets as not being a real thing and instead drone on about muscle definition and other inane clueless shit like that.
yeah not on that level, gane would slaughter you with one hand tied behined his back while being blindfolded.. you would be screaming for your life after the first exchange, if you were even able to scream

lol, hes still all those things, he obviously didn't prep, didn't drill enough wrestling and sub defense, didn't take it seriously.

yeah not on that level, gane would slaughter you with one hand tied behined his back while being blindfolded.. you would be screaming for your life after the first exchange, if you were even able to scream
<{clintugh}>you are awfully personal and seem weirdly invested in this me vs Cyril theme.

I never pretended I competed on the professional level dude, relax. I am irrelevant... what is relevant is that fans (you, me, whoever) should not disrespect the sport so much as to ignore the fact that skillsets matter.

<{clintugh}>you are awfully personal and seem weirdly invested in this me vs Cyril theme.

I never pretended I competed on the professional level dude, relax. I am irrelevant... what is relevant is that fans (you, me, whoever) should not disrespect the sport so much as to ignore skillsets matter.
Everyone has made mistaken predictions in fighting. You predicted that Jon would never fight at HW and that Francis wouldn't beat Stipe in the second fight because he "hadn't improved enough". I agree that the you vs cyril hypothetical that got thrown out is cringe and irrelevant, but someone making an incorrect prediction or saying "Heh, I like this guy, I hope he wins" isn't "disrespecting the sport" or "ignoring skillsets".

How is he suspiciously kept away from the grapplers? The grapplers failed to move up the bracket. If Blaydes won his fight then he would have fought Gane.

More like jones haters. These people rally around anyone fighting the guy they hate then vanish once he lose. Classic forum bs.

I still think Gane is an amazing fighter and talent. He just isn't the best grappler but usually he is competent enough with his management of distance and his size to stay in his range.

People just love to hate on jon, it is easy to do cause he is a psychioath, but his performance was incredible.

I like Gane
Guy fought both Francis Ngannou and a HW Jon Jones.
Even though he lost both, that takes balls to do

Reactions: Ruv
i'm here, motherfucker.
and i loved it when Gane kicked Jones in the dick. i was hoping he would poke him in the eye next

Jones hadn't fought in 3+ years so naturally a lot of fans who grew up watching him are excited that he returned and immediately was back to his winning ways. Thats totally understandable but for those of us who were indifferent about Jones returning the fight was what it was.

It was a short fight in which nothing noteworthy happened until it was over. Jon took the path of least resistance, as many expected him too, and was able to finish the fight off the second getup by Gane. Not enough happened in the fight to be overly praiseful or bashful about how either guy fought; it was two minutes long and ended with a guillotine choke.

Absymal wrestler, Jones by submission was the obvious pick but I at least expected Gane to have a pulse and last a round or 2. Embarrassing performance.

I'm still a Gane fan, his inexperience showed big time. But he'll be back. He'll be a top 5 guy for awhile. Just got to live and learn.

Back