When You've Been Waiting 20 Years for an Event to Come to Iowa

Your best export is Slipknot bruh. Nobody wants to go to Iowa.

Your best export is Slipknot bruh. Nobody wants to go to Iowa.
I went to college there. Was from the East Coast. And I wanted to go.

Most of my friends were out of staters though. University of Iowa has a ton of Chicagoland students.

I went to college there. Was from the East Coast. And I wanted to go.

Most of my friends were out of staters though.

What brought you to Iowa?

What brought you to Iowa?
At the time I was planning to be a professional musician and University of Iowa has a great prof for that instrument. I was around for the flood. And kick myself that I didn't start BJJ in Iowa City. Where are you at/(hopefully not stuck)?

Also, they haven't done one in Des Moines yet?

Jesus man. I felt like Pennsylvania had it rough. I didn't go to 101 when it happened and I always regretted it, but then Gaethje/Barboza happened and it was pretty dope.

UFC needs to get Iowa a card.

Also why the fuck is Usman not on a Nebraska card?

Thought Iowa was just a place where farmers parked their farm equipment- didnt know actual people lived there

The parties have their first caucus there, so candidates can get an idea of how backwards they need to be.

That's actually a decent match for a place like Iowa. Two former title challengers. Not sure what you're expecting Iowa isn't exactly known for sports hype or being able to draw large attendance. If MFS was still a thing and still making title contenders it might be a different story. But they're long gone.

Could be worse, Dana could give you cm punk vs mike Jackson 2.

At the time I was planning to be a professional musician and University of Iowa has a great prof for that instrument. I was around for the flood. And kick myself that I didn't start BJJ in Iowa City. Where are you at/(hopefully not stuck)?

Also, they haven't done one in Des Moines yet?

Unfortunately we just bought our forever home in Marshalltown, the hometown of UFC featherweight Rick Glenn. Its about an hour east of Des Moines and I believe the last event they held, Pat Militech was champ. Glad you liked it here tho.

That's actually a decent match for a place like Iowa. Two former title challengers. Not sure what you're expecting Iowa isn't exactly known for sports hype or being able to draw large attendance. If MFS was still a thing and still making title contenders it might be a different story. But they're long gone.

Iowa actually has great fans. Im no wrestling fan but theyre probably the biggest fans in the country and the University of Iowa was #1 nationally in wrestling this year. WWE always comes here and sells out and they go crazy for our college sports here.

I think it has something to do with the commission here unfortunately.

I’ll never understand the sense of entitlement in people from flyover states. You have the electoral college and 2 senators which basically puts you on equal political footing with states that have 10x as many people. You should be happy that you have any UFC at all. I’m getting UFC Norfolk later this month and couldn’t be happier. Just go and enjoy yourself. Live events are awesome.

As long as there are no Democratic National Party judges, I'm ok with it.

I’ll never understand the sense of entitlement in people from flyover states. You have the electoral college and 2 senators which basically puts you on equal political footing with states that have 10x as many people. You should be happy that you have any UFC at all. I’m getting UFC Norfolk later this month and couldn’t be happier. Just go and enjoy yourself. Live events are awesome.

lol the irony of this post calling somebody elses state a fly over state and when you clearly didnt even read the post. Smith/Texeira is in Nebraska. Iowa is the biggest wrestling state in the country, hasnt had an event in over 20 years, and the closest we get is Nebraska.

Iowa actually has great fans. Im no wrestling fan but theyre probably the biggest fans in the country and the University of Iowa was #1 nationally in wrestling this year. WWE always comes here and sells out and they go crazy for our college sports here.

I think it has something to do with the commission here unfortunately.
Possible yeah. A dick commission can scare promotions off. Only reason I'd guess UFC puts up with NY is because of the obvious population density and money within the state.

Well, the first ever UFC event in Russia has been teased and built up towards for like a decade, and all we got in the end was Oleinik vs Hunt.

<Dana05>

Iowa literally has a place named Urbandale. URBAN. DALE.

If I remember, it's mostly silos.

My friend likes to pronounce it UR-BAHN-DAH-LAY! Just for fun.

UFC you brought an event to South Dakota and Maine, why not Fargo, North Dakota?!?!?

Back