When your best win is your easiest and fastest win

RespectfulGreatCurlew-max-1mb.gif

Masvidal-gif.gif

Werdum vs Fedor and Cain. Those are the 2 HW's with the highest peaks ever.

Werdum can come in overweight, lackadaisical, and lose to lower ranked guys. But when he knows it's a massive fight and the opponent is the deadliest he rises to the challenge and performs.

So I think the difference here is peaking vs upset. How those wins are viewed in retrospect. If those wins are kinda erased with the rematch, or if a guy can truly rise to another level, making him the favorite in a potential rematch.

BJ Penn completely destroys the at the time best WW on the planet.

5.gif

Not his fastest win though .. that would be Uno.

i never understood why he refused to grapple towards the end of his career. his last submission was 09 vs kenny, then his hands stole what was left of sanchez´s sanity and since then he hasnt grappled in the slightest, just fell in love with his hands and never went back to his roots even when being out classed and getting smashed on his feet. i never understood that.

Machida vs. Silva & Evans.

He’d been to decisions against Hoger, Heath, Nakamura and Ortiz. People said he was a boring point fighter. Then he took out 2 top ranked previously undefeated fighters by spectacular KO.

I didn't think Nunes was gonna starch Cyborg like that. She became the GOAT of WMMA that night.
Yeah, in hindsight her style was perfect to beat cris - nunes is a fast starter and is most dangerous in round 1 and cris likes to plant and trade (I didn't think she'd be that much faster than cris).

After that hard leg kick you could clearly see cris wanting to get some payback and she left herself open.

You forgot Black Beast

Seeing as Francis admitted he "carried his fear" from the Stipe fight into the Octagon when he faced Lewis, maybe Stipe should be credited with that win as well...

Seeing as Francis admitted he "carried his fear" from the Stipe fight into the Octagon when he faced Lewis, maybe Stipe should be credited with that win as well...
Clear lie & big disrespect to BB
Francis was afraid of BB's power..

I'm fascinated by cases where a fighter faces his biggest challenge and rans through it with less efforts than against inferior competition. They are ready, it's their time and they do the impossible while barely breaking a sweat.

Holm vs Ronda, Nunes vs Rousey and Cyborg, Conor vs Aldo, Bisping vs Rockhold II, JDS vs Cain I... Those top fights are the quickest wins of their UFC career (second fastest for JDS). Do you have other examples?

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_o8aq1qGTmi1qa33wlo3_500.gif

SelfreliantMealyArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_mujdr6G0Ki1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
Khabib vs his last 3

It just shows that anything can happen and that you sometimes can't judge someone's career by one singular win

Ngannou vs everyone.

(Except immigrant mentality Stipe)
everyone? he lost his second MMA fight pretty convincingly if you don't wanna count the Lewis fight cause they were both trying to put us to sleep in other ways.

i never understood why he refused to grapple towards the end of his career. his last submission was 09 vs kenny, then his hands stole what was left of sanchez´s sanity and since then he hasnt grappled in the slightest, just fell in love with his hands and never went back to his roots even when being out classed and getting smashed on his feet. i never understood that.

His terrible gas tank most likely.

He grappled alot vs Fitch. Scored some good takedowns but ended up gassing bad and getting 10-8'd in the 3rd rd.

Back