When you look bad for retaliating

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Share your stories of when someone is being a dick to you so you say something back to them, and then everyone thinks you're the bad guy.

For example, when I was in high school this fat girl said to me "I don't like your face." And I said, "Well I don't like your chins." And everyone was like "ooooh that's mean, too far, man." And they completely forgot that the girl insulted me first.

It happened again recently. I was in a meeting at work and I was trying to explain something and a couple people kept interrupting with their questions and objections. I tried several times to be nice say things like, "I'm getting to that." Or "yup, we address that on the next slide." Or "In the interest of time maybe we can save our questions for the end."

But I couldn't even get through those statements without being interrupted again. I do these meetings all the time and I understand interrupting happens, but this was really really excessive.

Then I snapped, "If I can talk for 10 seconds without being interrupted then I can answer everyone's questions! Can I talk for 10 seconds?!"

Before I snapped I think everyone in the room was also annoyed with these interrupting assholes, but after I said that, everyone forgot about them and suddenly I was the dick.

Bit of road rage the other day. Fucker on a bike cut me up and gave me the finger.

I saw red and told the perpetrator to “suck my dick” “die in a fire” etc. Girlfriend had to calm me down and gave me a telling off.

Anyway I decided on not taking it any further, and not beat the shit out of them.

Honestly, she shouldn’t have even been riding a bicycle at her age.

Of course. A lot of it has to do with what is socially acceptable. 2 examples:

1) The first one similar to yours. I was at a college mixer many years ago. I was built like a twig back then... You think fat people get a lot of at jokes? It's way more socially acceptable to mock us. Anyway, this girl grabs my waist and says: "Omg, I hate you, you're so skinny!"

I retaliated and playfully grabbed her waist and said "Omg, I hate you, you're so chunky!"

*The Record Stopped*

Ideas_Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

She was actually a nice shape, but you know how chicks who aren't anorexic see themselves as morbidly obese... especially white chicks. Everyone looked at me like "oh, no!" In my linear head I thought: "Wait, she just called me skinny!"

I spent the entire night trying to apologize and tell her I was just playing. Although some PUAs at that time probably would've been all like: A Neg, good job!

{<redford}

2) Around the same time period, I was working at the school kitchen. The staff can eat the food for free. I grab a muffin for breakfast. An old lady who prepares them and brings them out to the students yells at me! I shrug it off. She says "asshole!"... this is Long Island, so everyone is crass and unrefined - even the grannies. I still am not sure why she was pissed... someone was gonna take it anyway. Perhaps I messed up her initial display? Idk. I remember saying something back to her (can't remember what it was), nothing too bad. I guess the protocol for such a situation is to just sit there and "take it". I told a friend/coworker about it later that day and he chastised me for it.

In any case, in both scenarios I was "wrong". Unwritten social rules dictate acceptable behavior. In the first case: I can't insult a woman's body image (though they can say whatever they want about ours). In the second case, I should not have spoken back to my elder apparently.

Like if a woman calls you a man-whore, calling her a whore back is not an equivalent, because it carries more weight when you say it to her!

It's confusing trying to keep up with all of these rules sometimes.

31-512.png

Sometimes the best thing to do is just silence and let the last thing they said linger so they look like assholes.

Similar one to yours Fedorgasm.

I was early twenties and there was this girl who was on the larger side but she was a bit of a bitch to everyone.

Now , I was in decent shape , stocky but muscular but I was hidden under a winter coat and looked large . Now, the guy's there knew I trained and knew the shape I was in under the winter gear.

Anyway , like you had, she started calling me fat and trying to tease about my weight . I just laughed at her and she got more irate .

She had another bitch at me and I just looked at her and went " How the fuck can you call me fat when you have more fucking Chins than China ? Fuck me , if you fall over you'll probably rock yourself to sleep trying to get back up again you fat mare. "

Ever seen the Western where the music stops when someone walks in? Yup , that was it.

She starts bawling her eyes out , all the girls ( who didn't like her for reasons I've said glared at me) She sobs for a while then goes to those horrible kind of sobs where they sound like they can't breathe and are almost repeatedly panting . All the girls are now " Oh , he didn't mean it" , " Yes , ignore him " etc etc...

Funny enough though, the guys mainly thought it was funny but didn't tell me until after . Might have had something to do with the fact that some were dating the girls or chasing them..

From my perspective i'm the good guy as general rule i don't start conflicts and to me the asshole it's ever who begin the bullshit
But ever had the bad habit of go for the overkill even if in theory already scored enough to stop and be satisfied, most of times people don't like it

I'm usually very aware on social relations but almost 40yo and still did'nt got rid of this childish trait lol

Similar one to yours Fedorgasm.

I was early twenties and there was this girl who was on the larger side but she was a bit of a bitch to everyone.

Now , I was in decent shape , stocky but muscular but I was hidden under a winter coat and looked large . Now, the guy's there knew I trained and knew the shape I was in under the winter gear.

Anyway , like you had, she started calling me fat and trying to tease about my weight . I just laughed at her and she got more irate .

She had another bitch at me and I just looked at her and went " How the fuck can you call me fat when you have more fucking Chins than China ? Fuck me , if you fall over you'll probably rock yourself to sleep trying to get back up again you fat mare. "

Ever seen the Western where the music stops when someone walks in? Yup , that was it.

She starts bawling her eyes out , all the girls ( who didn't like her for reasons I've said glared at me) She sobs for a while then goes to those horrible kind of sobs where they sound like they can't breathe and are almost repeatedly panting . All the girls are now " Oh , he didn't mean it" , " Yes , ignore him " etc etc...

Funny enough though, the guys mainly thought it was funny but didn't tell me until after . Might have had something to do with the fact that some were dating the girls or chasing them..

Bet she won't do that shit no more.

Yeah. Just because someone deserves a retort, doesn’t make it the appropriate thing to do. I don’t take pleasure in getting revenge so I try and take the high road. Not saying it hasn’t happened to me, but can’t thing of anything lately.

8th grade I asked my Dad if I could stay in town and not take the bus home on the last day. I could walk to my Aunt's if she's okay with it. He agreed. School ends and I walked out with the local kids. Kids I played youth basketball with, I'm friends with most. It's Catholic School, we're in God awful uniforms of peach colored shirts, brown pants, and brown ties. I ripped off the tie and pocketed it then tore the collar and short sleeves off the shirt, dumping them in the trash.

The other kids thought this was a great idea because ""F*ck these awful uniforms!" and tear their sleeves and collars off. We decide to hit up the local pharmacy on the main street for snacks and drinks. Walked out the door with Reese's Pieces and Lemon Tea. Everybody's enjoying the summer vibe. We round the corner of the building and there's four public school kids. I didn't know them, the guys I was with did. One of the kids was sitting on the sidewalk with his back against the brick wall of the pharmacy. He had this smarmy look to him, gave off a vibe I instantly didn't like. I said hi and got a "Who are you?" from him and a "Who?" as a pick response when I introduced myself. Nice. Best to ignore him then.

I finish my snack and drink, walked my trash to the trash can on the corner. Get back to the group and a minute later the kid that was sitting down smiles, pulls a melting Almond Joy from its wrapper, and throws it on me. It hits my shirt, runs down it, then drops to the ground. He laughs. His friends chuckle. My buddies look shocked, some give a chuckle.

I looked at the smarmy little shit laughing at me and snapped. I swung my right leg around and caught him upside the head with my shin. His eyes shut, the back of his head bounced off of the wall, and he spilled face first onto the concrete. He was out. I turned and looked at his friends. They slowly walked past me and checked on him. Eyes rolled back in his head, nasty breathing sound but he was thankfully breathing.

One or two of the kids I was with start saying "What did you do that for?" and "Why did you kick him????". I said "Come on, we're going". A few more of the same questions so I turned around and shouted "We're going. Now!!!". They shut the f*ck up and we walked on, kids disappearing one by one as we reached their houses and I eventually got to my Aunt's.

Don't know who that little shit was. I never really cared. I'd love to hear his version of events or what anyone else who was there that day has to say about it. I didn't care about the shirt. It was the blatant disrespect in front of my peers. Yeah, I overreacted but you don't f*ck with people you don't know, especially ones bigger than you who grew up sparring in Tang Soo Do throwing kicks.

Last edited:
it's common knowledge, or it should be, but it's always best to walk away when possible. someone pissed off with you means you're in their heads and you've actually won because of that. they want confrontation, and if you don't give them that, it's even more of a win. getting physical as an adult is really stupid.

Yeah this guy at work stated that I was a nerd for having a metal gear solid ring tone (codec beep)

And so I was like "well at least my wife didn't leave me for a women"

So apprantly I was the asshole

Last edited:
Anytime you argue back with a woman. Just ignoring it is the best.

Back