When will wee see non title fight Co-mains 5 rounds?

We are talking about an extra 12 minutes here. They can't fit that in? They have 3 hours correct? A lot of times they add in prelims that we already watched

They nearly ran out of time for Jones' post fight interview at UFC 182.

So yeah, they have scheduling issues already lol

I do wish they'd have some 5 round non title fights; if I was a fighter I'd be pushing for that. the increase from 3 rounds to 5 rounds for a title fight is huge, having your first 5 rounder being a title fight is pretty steep.

Yes, they should. More fighters need to experience fighting for 5 rounds before they get to their respective champions. For BW, FLW, women co-main event is highest possible place on the card if it's a non-championship fight, so right now they never get a chance to go 5 rounds before the title fight.

They nearly ran out of time for Jones' post fight interview at UFC 182.

So yeah, they have scheduling issues already lol

They need to get it done, tighten the fight schedule up and make it happen.

How about when they have 2 title fights on the same card? They make it happen. Wiedman and ronda are both fighting on the same card next month. They have to plan on all the fights going the distance. No excuses, make it happen

Why aren't non title co main events 5 rounds? It is kinda a shame that Bendo vs Cerrone will only be 3 rounds.

I think all co main events should be 5 rounds OR the fighters should atleast have the option of making it 5 rounds. I remember when they announced that all non title fight main events would be 5 rounds. It was/is pretty sweet.

Agree or Disagree?
Thread bump. Costa vs Strickland is 5 rounds at UFC 302 -- even without a fake BMF title on the line.

Back