When will wee see non title fight Co-mains 5 rounds?

TardStrong

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Why aren't non title co main events 5 rounds? It is kinda a shame that Bendo vs Cerrone will only be 3 rounds.

I think all co main events should be 5 rounds OR the fighters should atleast have the option of making it 5 rounds. I remember when they announced that all non title fight main events would be 5 rounds. It was/is pretty sweet.

Agree or Disagree?

But that means the UFC would need to have better pacing during their shows. We can't have that!

I would have loved to see five rounds of Henderson-Franklin or Rampage-Machida for a more conclusive winner. So a simple 'yes' from me, main event or co-main event.

We are talking about an extra 12 minutes here. They can't fit that in? They have 3 hours correct? A lot of times they add in prelims that we already watched

We will see them when we have guaranteed number 1 contenders matches........Which means never.

I'd love for them to make the only 2 fights on a card that anyone cares about 5 rounds and cut off a fight or two.

Yeah main events should be 5 rounds. One, it's the main event so you want it to be a big deal. Two, the fighters want to be in 5 round fights and that's cool for them too if they're not champions.

We are talking about an extra 12 minutes here. They can't fit that in? They have 3 hours correct? A lot of times they add in prelims that we already watched

dont get me wrong i really like the idea, i would really like to see contender fights to be 5 rounds but i dont know if the UFC will take the risk to exceed the time limit without cutting a fight from the ppv card. Last event they even had to speed up and cut some post fight interviews

Bendo/Cowboy III definitely should be 5, theres no way Conor/Siver is going 5

I voted, then realized I read the thread wrong

No, they shouldn't be 5 rounds unless it's a major fight that otherwise should be 5 rounds like a #1 contender fight.

Henderson vs Cerrone would NEVER be 5 rounds though since Cerrone just went 3 and they wouldn't do 5 on short notice like this.

It would just be easier to make Hendo vs Cerrone as the main event. Considering McGregor predicted his fight will end a few minutes in the 1st.

I usually feel satisfied after a five round fight 3 round leaves me wanting more

I wouldn't mind seeing it!

But I also don't mind it that Cerrone vs Bendo is a three rounder. I hope this will cause both guys come out hard from the moment they start.
Damn, I'm looking forward to this fight!

Not when we have co-main events like Cerrone-Jury and Ferguson-Castillo. I'd like to see more five round fights but I think we need a better system for it than just giving an extra two rounds to all co-mains.

I don't like five round non-title fights for the following reasons:

1. Fighters have to pace themselves more, so it slows the fight down.
2. Fighters take more punishment, at the expense of career longevity. I'd rather the fighters have more fights against different opponents over their career than longer fights.
3. Three rounds is usually plenty to determine which fighter is better that night.
4. Most non-title fights aren't interesting enough that I want to watch them for an extra ten minutes of fighting in a near-exhausted state.

I'd rather the judges score more 10-8 and 10-10 rounds, resulting in more draws in close fights. Then, a fourth round could be used to determine the winner, if necessary.

I think it should depend on the fight, case by case. The poll just talks about "all" so I picked the third option but it's not quite right.

Back