When will TJ's gym atttact more fighters?

Well since everyone at TAM is a dick training partner(Cody apparently broke some orbitals because he would not cool it and PVZ kneed a 14 year old kid in the headrepeatedly while he was down and they praised her for it), it's still better than tam
Any source on those incidents? Sounds fucked-up if true.

Any source on those incidents? Sounds fucked-up if true.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/tj-cody-and-leaving-tam-justin-buchholz-tsn-interview.3810323/

Buchholz did an interview the other day detailing Cody breaking some dudes in practice lol

The PVZ thing has been around for years

https://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/ufc-o...-got-into-a-fistfight-with-brazilian-teenager

“I was trying to get to the bottom of what she was really after,” said Faber (33-10 MMA, 9-6 UFC), whose retirement fight comes Saturday against Brad Pickett (25-12 MMA, 5-7 UFC) at UFC on FOX 22 at Golden 1 Center in Sacramento. “Like, you want to get into acting? I was trying to gauge it. And she’s just like, ‘I want to be a world champion.’”

So at least her head was in the right place. But Faber’s buy-in wasn’t all there until one particular day of sparring at then gym.

“She got into a heated fistfight with a kid that we had on the team,” he said. “He was a little Brazilian kid; he was just right about to be 13 or 14, and he was a stud kickboxer. And those two went at it, like a war. He pissed her off, and she pissed him off, and next thing I know, she’s dropping knees on his head, and we had to break it up.

“I’m like, alright, this girl’s here to play.”

isnt that the gym that Cub and Bisping own?

The best is Dr. Julian Darby. He's both a medical doctor, has a PhD in sports science and was an international level cyclist. Only problem is the only one that can afford him is Conor. He does all of his other work out of a university and hospital. A hell of a lot more than glorified personal trainers that populate the business.

Conor's cardio against Floyd was a fucking embarrassment of epic proportions. Wonder how much McG is paying this alleged super-genius, Dr. Darby??

Lol any source on that Paige shit? That’s hilarious and wouldn’t be surprising to me
https://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/ufc-o...-got-into-a-fistfight-with-brazilian-teenager

Well since everyone at TAM is a dick training partner(Cody apparently broke some orbitals because he would not cool it and PVZ kneed a 14 year old kid in the headrepeatedly while he was down and they praised her for it), it's still better than tam
Yeah its still way better than TAM , sparring hard its a tj bad habit that generated while he was training at team alpha fail

@ultramanhyata because cardio isn't built over night. It's not some switch you can just turn on. Genetically some fighters can't get to a certain level and/or their muscle fibre type might hinder their ability. It's easy to get large increases if you are a fat sherdogger starting but much harder and the increases are smaller when you're a fit athlete.

This reads like a straight-up advertisement.

Its a one fighter gym like SBG is for Conor.. they have some other guys there but they exist solely to help the main fighter, in this case TJ. You wouldnt want to train there knowing you'll never be the main priority.

It's already better than Longo's gym out in Long Island, that's for sure.

JacksonWink is where I'd go if I wanted to be a fighter. Great training + free steroids
Considering TJ was recently photographed with those bumps on his stomach I'd say he's got that last part down as well.

BTW who would want to risk getting hurt with a over zealous guy like TJ - from what's been said he is not the most conscious training partner (going too hard, late shots, etc.)

Believe it or not many top boxers don't go to huge open gyms....they have small teams with dedicated trainers and a few elite sparring partners or other fighters. Or least thats how they spend most of their time.

I know things change - but Ludwig said a good while back that he didn't want to train a load of fighters and was more focused on his academy.

Matt Brown did a bit of training with him before the Cerrone fight and Ludwig was in his corner. But like someone said, a good coaching/fighter combo doesn't mean it's guaranteed success with another fighter and the same coach.

Back