When will Khabib be mentioned in GOAT discussion?

When he beats more than two legit top 10 opponents he might into GOAT LW talks. Maybe.

If Khabib beats Fergie then he is UNDOUBTEDLY MMA GOAT, although you could argue that he’s in contention now.

Since when does beating tony ferguson make you the greatest fighter of all time? the guy that got beaten up by michael johnson lol

When he has noteable wins. Conor sucks according to this forum, so his best wins are only RDA and Barboza lol talk about a padded record

Needs to beat Poirier and Ferguson. If he does it convincingly he might move past Jones in goat discussion.

He might.
Or not. Jones's resume is insane... just the sheer volume is super-impressive, and then also the quality of that streak... above all, beat another bona fide GOAT-contender TWICE (yeah, officially 1-1-0, but still...)

Since when does beating tony ferguson make you the greatest fighter of all time? the guy that got beaten up by michael johnson lol

Didn’t he have a broken arm in the MJ fight?

Regardless he’s won 12 straight in the UFC over Cowboy, RDA, Barboza, Pettis, Kevin Lee, Thomson, etc. the dudes a beast and clearly one of the most dominant fighters in MMA.

He might.
Or not. Jones's resume is insane... just the sheer volume is super-impressive, and then also the quality of that streak... above all, beat another bona fide GOAT-contender TWICE (yeah, officially 1-1-0, but still...)

I agree. I think Jones will likely stay ahead. especially if he moves up and beats stipe.
but its really going to come down to who loses first. First person that loses will lose P4P status and goat title.

I agree. I think Jones will likely stay ahead. especially if he moves up and beats stipe.
but its really going to come down to who loses first. First person that loses will lose P4P status and goat title.
Considering that Jon already popped for things you shouldn't have in your body as a pro-fighter while Khabib hasn't, Khabib is in my eyes closer to Jones than you'd might think, despite Jones' better resume.

Are you guys aware what the LW title defense streak is? It's fucking three.

The LW champion is the most skilled fighter on the roster. He reigns over the deepest division in MMA. There's a reason no one has ever defended more than three times, the level of competition is insane.

If Khabib matches or exceeds that record with no losses then we're going to have to have a conversation.

With wins over DP, who is in on insane LW streak himself and obviously Tony, he should be at the top of GOAT discussions.

No one can enter goat discussions before defending the belt enough
How much is enough? Depends on competition, which is not in his favor at this point.
Hes a great fighter tho

If he cleans out the lightweight division, he should be considered one of the greatest. Definitely the greatest lightweight. So beat Poirier, Ferguson, Gaethje (and maybe Conor II for fun).

He has a lot of work to do if he wants to be up there with guys like GSP. He should start by beating Dustin and Tony, that would make him unquestionably the GOAT LW, and he'd be on route to becoming the GOAT.

The fact that he's never lost or popped for steroids gives him a few extra points.

Khabib's a beast, but he's not even close to the GOAT discussion right now. He only has 3 top 5 wins -- Conor, Barboza, and RDA (RDA wasn't actually ranked top 5 at the time, but hindsight demonstrates that he should have been). Khabib will need at least a handful more quality wins before entering the discussion, a couple of which coming against high-level wrestlers (it's still a glaring hole in his resume). For example, if Khabib beats Dustin, Tony, Gaethje, and Gillespie, then we can have a reasonable conversation.

If he cleans out the lightweight division, he should be considered one of the greatest. Definitely the greatest lightweight. So beat Poirier, Ferguson, Gaethje (and maybe Conor II for fun).

Number one easiest fight in the division!

if he beat dustin and tony, he would be 29-0 in the most stacked division ever, win over a 12 fight winning streak that is tony ( never seen before), he become the GOAT in my opinion, but it is very UNLIKELY, dustin will KO him in the 3rd round.

Just for the record, most of Khabib's wins have come at WW, not LW.

However, I do think he should be in the conversation now considering his lengthy undefeated streak. He just beat the lineal LW champ in his last fight, so as long as he defends that a few times, especially against Tony, then he's got to be considered LW GOAT.

If he ever moves back up to WW to capture gold there, he'd really cement his legacy.

27 fights
27 wins
0 defeats
0 USADA violations
11-0 in UFC
Fought Iaquinta on short notice
UFC Lightweight Champion
Deals perfectly with trash talk
Starts pre-fight press conference on time
Jumps out of cage to set things straight
All the way from Dagestan
Whoever wants some they can tweet location

Never have we seen this.
Sooooo how many wins away is Tony from this convo? You know he has almost the same record as Khabib in the ufc right?

I think most everyone recognizes Kebob has GOAT potential, but he's got a long way to go before he gets in the actual discussion. He isn't anywhere close to cleaning out his division and has generally been pretty inactive at the top end.

McGreGOAT is a great win for sure and the championship is good, but he's got that win, his undefeated status, RDA (second biggest win) and then a couple other solid ones.

Khabib's a beast, but he's not even close to the GOAT discussion right now. He only has 3 top 5 wins -- Conor, Barboza, and RDA (RDA wasn't actually ranked top 5 at the time, but hindsight demonstrates that he should have been). Khabib will need at least a handful more quality wins before entering the discussion, a couple of which coming against high-level wrestlers (it's still a glaring hole in his resume). For example, if Khabib beats Dustin, Tony, Gaethje, and Gillespie, then we can have a reasonable conversation.
So to become GOAT, you have to beat Gregor Gillispie..
<45>

Has he even got a top 15 win yet ?

Just for the record, most of Khabib's wins have come at WW, not LW.

However, I do think he should be in the conversation now considering his lengthy undefeated streak. He just beat the lineal LW champ in his last fight, so as long as he defends that a few times, especially against Tony, then he's got to be considered LW GOAT.

If he ever moves back up to WW to capture gold there, he'd really cement his legacy.
khabib aint a welterweight, he is pretty much the same size as other 155er on fight night, there is no size difference in reality. There is no way he face usman who is a legit welterweight/middleweight. The size difference between 170 and 155 is real.
136_Tyron_Woodley_x_Kamaru_Usman.0.jpg

As you can see, he is pretty much the same size as mcgregor on fight night. ( beautiful left by mcgregor btw )
68d25.jpg

Back