When We Asked Ronda Rousey If She Had Apraxia of Speech

ekowal69

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is a great story. See how a parent became of a fan of Ronda and the UFC.

http://www.mymmanews.com/when-we-asked-ronda-rousey-if-she-had-apraxia-of-speech/

laura-smith-lead.jpg

Truly a heart warming story.

It must be dusty in this office....

not sure how somebody could "read every interview" and not read ronda previously mentioning "apraxia" by name, which she's done regularly for years.

google "ronda rousey" and "apraxia." plenty of hits from long before the Mommy Blogger's heroic effort to get the truth out there or whatever.

but hey, whatever can make something go ~viral~ i guess :rolleyes:

Good guy Ronda, really impressed with her posting the brochure after

Last edited:
I dislike Rousey, but that's pretty cool. Small gestures done by people like her can make a huge difference.

Wow. That was a great moment that I'm sure will not be forgotten by either party, seeing as how personal it is for both.

Damn it. There's something in my eye.

not sure how somebody could "read every interview" and not read ronda previously mentioning "apraxia" by name, which she's done regularly for years.

google "ronda rousey" and "apraxia." plenty of hits from long before the Mommy Blogger's heroic effort to get the truth out there or whatever.

There's always one...

so glad to see everyone else is wipin something away as well. god damn :,|

1. I googled Rousey and apraxia and all the stories are within the last week. I think you are factually wrong about this.
2. There is a time and a place for cynicism. This ain't it. Rolling your eyes about a story like this kinda makes you seem rather boorish.

Cool move by Ronda but...
'Ashlynn you'll be famous one day'

'Murricans...

I hate to be cynical about this as well, because it's a really cool story and that little girl definitely gained something from her interaction with Ronda, and I applaud the mom for bringing her to the book signing. But the mom just seemed hell-bent on making Ronda commit to the term apraxia, which actually only narrows the numbers of kids that might be able to relate to it and feel inspired. Speech impediment is a broader term that covers the condition of apraxia...as well as stuttering and any number of other things. Why risk leaving out all the kids with those things by making her commit to only using the word apraxia, which nobody has ever even heard of?

Back