Social When Sports Don't Support the inclusive view - but their religious beliefs

You either support athletes being able to have an opinion regardless of their celebrity status or you dont. It's that simple. If one should be silenced they all should regardless of the message as their sports celebrity status is always on.

Wait, someone silenced him? Like with tape over his mouth?

It’s cultural, he’s from Tonga, where homosexuality IS ILLEGAL.

Australian culture in 2019 is pro homosexuality (or at least, the majority has nothing really against it). His Tongan missionary zeal is going to rub.

I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions, but that does not mean they are worth it consequences. I also hate the anti gay viewpoint especially on religious grounds because that is trying to inflect your own beliefs upon others. He deserves any backlash he gets

I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions, but that does not mean they are worth it consequences. I also hate the anti gay viewpoint especially on religious grounds because that is trying to inflect your own beliefs upon others. He deserves any backlash he gets

God says homosexuality is a sin, and God hates sin.

Now that doesn't mean it's the only sin. Israel even posted a list of sins on his Instagram.

It seems like his post was based off:
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

God says "for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God", "There is none righteous, no, not one", "
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God."

God says the wages of sin is death.

I think you are a police officer, and you have to enforce the law.

I think the bottom line is, if you can't accept that we are all sinners, then the gospel won't make any sense.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

It's pathetic how these constantly offended snowflakes are whining all the fucking time. So this guy has different beliefs than you? And you start crying and demand that he loses his job because his views are making you cry like a little bitch?
<DisgustingHHH>
Did you feel the same way with how right wing snowflakes treated Colin Kaepernick?

oh look right on queue someone getting triggered by an athletes beliefs differing from theirs, s h o c k e r. I bet good ol' redneck @Blowing Dixie agrees with him though

Kaepernick is every bit as stupid as Fulau is.
Kaepernick was not saying anyone should go to hell nor was he following a fairy tale book. If he was saying all cops should go to hell then maybe you would have a good comparison

To be fair... he's a rugby player

Which means he's PROBABLY an alcoholic which means he's missing a view brain cells already in addition to taking shots to the head from time to time...

To be fair... he's a rugby player

Which means he's PROBABLY an alcoholic which means he's missing a view brain cells already in addition to taking shots to the head from time to time...
i think you missed his tweet where he said drunks are going to hell, oh apparently he's never lied either

i think you missed his tweet where he said drunks are going to hell, oh apparently he's never lied either

Rubgy teams are just drinking teams with a rugby problem. Dude has some screws loose.

Hmm I mean if you post that gay people are destined to hell is a bit different than being against gay marriage.
If a gay person would post all straight people go to hell I am sure he would be in the same kind of trouble.

Also, the lines get a bit blurred when you are an athlete because of you pretty much represent your team all the time.
His twitter pic shows him in an Aussie shirt. Can't really say those comments don't reflect on his employer or federation.

On a related note, what does the bible says about all his tattoos?
Nothing specific, just admonishment to respect your own body because it is regarded as a representation of the temple of God into which all of his children go.
Which honestly says more about cheesburgers than it does about tattoos

No the type of opinion matters of course. You have to consider the relevance.
If he said his opinion is all Jews should be gassed. That is a bit different of an opinion compared to being against gay marriage.

The issue here is if he made those comments while representing the team or league.
That is why the sponsors want the team to distance themselves from the comments.
You can't voice all your opinions if you are representing your employer that is already established.
There's a serious caveat though, before you delve into anything after the part about "any type of opinion that matters of course".

You're going to have an enormous divide in opinion on what kinds of preferences matter and what kinds don't. Progress will never be made from that point.

Kaepernick was not saying anyone should go to hell nor was he following a fairy tale book. If he was saying all cops should go to hell then maybe you would have a good comparison
Ridiculous qualifier. Irrelevant. Here again on full display, in you, is the contemporary leftist tendency to believe that you are capable to decide what speech is appropriate, and what isn't. This is why leftists are natural enemies to freedom of thought.

But FYI, Kaep wore socks with pigs on them to practice. He was also hateful, and most critically for comparison, judgmental. Both are broadcasting concepts rooted in judgment.

As @oldshadow pointed out above if the company fires someone for this, then the NFL would require no financial justification to fire Kaepernick.

Nevertheless, they got it. Kaepernick cost the NFL billions of dollars. Now it appears this business is costing itself a great deal of money. That's their right, but hopefully we won't hear any nonsense about how they did it because it was a "business decision".

Did he say he's never lied?

On the very Instagram post that you posted, it says repent.

Repent means to turn away from your sins.

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. (Not sinless people)

Ridiculous qualifier. Irrelevant. Here again on full display, in you, is the contemporary leftist tendency to believe that you are capable to decide what speech is appropriate, and what isn't. This is why leftists are natural enemies to freedom of thought.

But FYI, Kaep wore socks with pigs on them to practice. He was also hateful, and most critically for comparison, judgmental. Both are broadcasting concepts rooted in judgment.

As @oldshadow pointed out above if the company fires someone for this, then the NFL would require no financial justification to fire Kaepernick.

Nevertheless, they got it. Kaepernick cost the NFL billions of dollars. Now it appears this business is costing itself a great deal of money. That's their right, but hopefully we won't hear any nonsense about how they did it because it was a "business decision".
so we are comparing pig socks to wishing people to burn in eternal hell for how someone was born? what kind of logic is that? Can you please quote where he was hateful?

Did he say he's never lied?

On the very Instagram post that you posted, it says repent.

Repent means to turn away from your sins.

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. (Not sinless people)
ohhh right the religious faili safe it's OK if I do it because i repented!

@Madmick also recommend not being an NPC for the right. Kaep cost the NFL $0.00, this guy said it better than anyone else could:

I’m going to use 2017 figures for the most part because the 2018 season is still going on and the final tally won’t be in until later. But this is from June of this year (2018).

The NFL paid out $8.1 billion to it’s 32 member teams in 2017. That was a 5% increase over 2016, when the kneeling began. Using that figure as a rough estimate, one would say the NFL paid out about $8.4 -$8.5 billion per team this year. Tough economic times.

The Carolina Panthers were sold in 2017 for $2.275 billion. Not only does that constitute the largest amount paid for an NFL franchise, but Carolina plays in only the 24th largest media market. What does that mean about the worth of either of the New York teams, or the Bears… or Dallas, who is an iconic program of the NFL in a large media market?

In a recent Forbes list of the 50 most valuable sports franchises on the planet, 29 of the NFL’s 32 teams made the list. The Cowboys value is noted to be around $4.8 billion today.

The NFL’s income is about $3.2 billion. That’s more than HALF A BILLION MORE than the income of the the NBA, NHL and MLB COMBINED.

In 2017, ticket sales were down, yes. Know where they were down most? With the 2 transitional teams in Los Angeles. The Chargers play in a stadium that only holds about 27,000 - in San Diego, the capacity was 70,500.

Now, a lot of people like to say ratings are down. True, but the reason isn’t because of Kaepernick or anyone kneeling. Ratings were down before Kap started kneeling and they didn’t take any dramatic drop due to him (it should also be noted that overall TV ratings are down year to year for the last several years; that includes awards shows like the Grammys and Oscars, and other sports programming, not just football). Fact is streaming is hurting the TV ratings. Oversaturation with content hurts the ratings. People are all watching the game differently than they used to and not everything counts the same; cord cutters hurt. Penalties and game stoppages, even due to the ads that make the contracts possible, hurt the product.
On top of that, let’s get realistic - you’re talking about going from maybe 16 million viewers to 12 million over a year. Not exactly hurting for viewership. And the TV deals aren’t going down. Advertisers are still lining up for a 30-second spot.
Know what else hurts viewership? Name the top 8 media markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas-Fort Worth, D.C, Houston, San Fran/Oakland. Now let’s look at the 11 teams that played in those markets. The largest media market in the country shared 2 teams that combined for 8 wins (Jets, Giants). Los Angeles didn’t even know they had football back there (they still don’t and both their teams lead their divisions today) but they had good teams. Bears- 5 wins. Eagles won the Super Bowl - positive. Cowboys fans watch all the time, even when their team stinks; they were 9–7. Redskins, 7 wins. Texans - 4 wins. San Fran and Oakland had 6 wins each. Even including the winning franchises the overall of the top 8 markets is 78–98, with 2 of the biggest dogs in the biggest market. I could add in the next 2 franchises of the top 10 (Boston and Atlanta) and their winning records and still not get to .500. When your big market teams play poorly, you get lower viewership. There’s your ratings problem…

But again, that’s simple viewership, not dollars. The dollars are higher than ever.

So what has Kap cost the NFL in revenue? If you’re going to put it on him (ridiculous, but I’ll play along), he’s gained them 5% in 2017, and likely the same if not more in 2018. Lost battle there folks.

And you know what else? He’s being sponsored by Nike. I don’t see anyone taking off their shoes to protest him. I still see people wearing their team jerseys (Nike is the official uniform of the NFL). So if you want to go that far (I wouldn’t, but if we’re looking to find out how much he hurt - he didn’t and couldn’t really - then we have to wildly assume that some of this help is due to him too using similar logic…), he’s REALLY making the NFL money because they get a nice chunk of the money Nike makes on team jerseys…

I’m sorry, but anyone who thinks one person has that much power over the NFL, is sadly mistaken. Not one person, not one group. Even the president with his tweets don’t matter to the multi-billion dollar machine that is the NFL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back