Social When Sports Don't Support the inclusive view - but their religious beliefs

If he's making his comments while officially representing his team and sport then fuck him.

If he's doing so in his capacity as a mere citizen expressing his views in an unofficial capacity then fuck them.

Haven't read through the thread, so apologies if this has already been addressed.

Can that actually be separated in his position? He's a representative of his team and sport at all times, by default. Fame and fortune comes with responsibility and consequences. He can't possibly say anything controversial without representing his team, and having the shit storm effect them. Whether it's fair or not, he is a representative of the organization at all times, simply because of his status.

Come to think of it, it's true for everyone. Just because you're not on the job, doesn't mean you're not representing the company that employs you. You can keep your free speech and not get arrested for what you say, but the company can can your ass, if what you're saying is damaging their brand.

Haven't read through the thread, so apologies if this has already been addressed.

Can that actually be separated in his position? He's a representative of his team and sport at all times, by default. Fame and fortune comes with responsibility and consequences. He can't possibly say anything controversial without representing his team, and having the shit storm effect them. Whether it's fair or not, he is a representative of the organization at all times, simply because of his status.

Come to think of it, it's true for everyone. Just because you're not on the job, doesn't mean you're not representing the company that employs you. You can keep your free speech and not get arrested for what you say, but the company can can your ass, if what you're saying is damaging their brand.
Oh I understand very well that athletes and other celebrities are always "on the clock" so to speak. That's part of the unrealistic expectations we place on them to always represent the brand or image we associate them with. I consider that one of the very real downsides of the fame and fortune people lavish on them. It's also one of the reasons I am never really surprised when the normally affable and approachable image they may project is peeled back and you discover just a normal person that may not want you sticking that camera in their face just then, or interrupting them at a meal, judging them because they're not decked out to the nines and looking a bit disheveled, or saying something unrestrained and certainly not pc.

We pick and choose what we are outraged by or deem acceptable. Comics for instance get away with quite a bit in the context of their careers and we for the most part let it slide cause its "just jokes".

I don't agree with his approach to this, but I also don't believe this idea that they are "minding their own business". A significant number of them and their supporters are pushing to not only normalize their lifestyle but to demonize anyone who disagrees. People are being fired and having their businesses destroyed for any opposition. In addition they are now forcing kids to be indoctrinated into this stuff in the schools in California and soon Illinois, and it's spreading everywhere.

http://www.creepylibrary.com/
I'm not in favor of treating all religious people like I would this guy for the same reason I'm not in favor of holding the entire gay community responsible for things like this.

I'm not in favor of treating all religious people like I would this guy for the same reason I'm not in favor of holding the entire gay community responsible for things like this.

As far as I can tell he has called gays to repent so they can avoid hell, not called for them to be punished in this life.

Ripskater is not banned.

He doesn't need another account to do his thing.

That dude is just a regular troll.

Yeah but it would make sense for him to try and get in with another account. He did basically take his toys home in a huff.

he is at it again.......but cause money talks even if his employer gets rid of him many others are queuing up for him and will pay very good money for him.

Israel Folau has once again pushed the boundaries with his employers after posting a link to a Christian video that warns against "tolerance" of same-sex marriage and carries numerous anti-gay overtones.

The video, which features an 11-minute sermon by late American evangelist David Wilkerson, also features footage of protesters with rainbow flags as Wilkerson warns that we live in a time of "sexual perversions beyond description".

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...other-controversial-post-20180508-p4ze3q.html

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/israel-folau-s-gofundme-appeal-shut-down-1.4479478?cache=yes

GoFundMe appeal shut down:
GoFundMe will issue refunds to 7,000 donors who had contributed more than $520,000 in four days to Folau's cause before his online campaign was halted.

So it sounds like Israel was fired for quoting a bible verse:
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

So it is wrong for a Christian to say repent and believe in Christ?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/israel-folau-s-gofundme-appeal-shut-down-1.4479478?cache=yes

GoFundMe appeal shut down:

So it sounds like Israel was fired for quoting a bible verse:
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

So it is wrong for a Christian to say repent and believe in Christ?

Nah it isn't wrong, but every post he makes on social media is based on his dislike for sinners. <16>

I agree with his opion but i can see that it rubs people wrong if you do it over and over.
but love for pastor Gino

If he's making his comments while officially representing his team and sport then fuck him.

If he's doing so in his capacity as a mere citizen expressing his views in an unofficial capacity then fuck them.

This, this is all that needs to be said on the topic.

No the type of opinion matters of course. You have to consider the relevance.
If he said his opinion is all Jews should be gassed. That is a bit different of an opinion compared to being against gay marriage.

There is no religious belief that all Jews should be gassed...
There is a religious belief that gays will go to hell.

One is an opinion, the other is a belief...and I am by no way a person that thinks even remotely highly of anyone that believes in an invisible skygod. But its still a religion and this guy is clearly being targeted over his religious beliefs.

ac8597662ae63dc155af54ff6e472faf.jpg

he is at it again.......but cause money talks even if his employer gets rid of him many others are queuing up for him and will pay very good money for him.

Israel Folau has once again pushed the boundaries with his employers after posting a link to a Christian video that warns against "tolerance" of same-sex marriage and carries numerous anti-gay overtones.

The video, which features an 11-minute sermon by late American evangelist David Wilkerson, also features footage of protesters with rainbow flags as Wilkerson warns that we live in a time of "sexual perversions beyond description".

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...other-controversial-post-20180508-p4ze3q.html
Gotta love religious folks bringing faith into a convo about a tradition which predates their beliefs by a few thousand years at least.

You can believe all you want gays go to hell, but that’s a horrible and evil belief and you should be self aware enough to keep that ridiculous shit to yourself.

Once your fat fucking mouth starts saying it out loud to the world, you don’t have religious belief protection any more from your employer or from the Public calling you a piece of shit.

As a Muslim, the odd Christian colleagues/friend has confirmed my place in hell if I continue to reject Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.

I don’t see what is offensive about their personal belief. As long as they don’t treat me any different from anyone else (which they don’t), I don’t feel I have the right to complain or deny them their belief.

Ironically I feel they only tell me this stuff because they actually like me and think they are helping me.

You can believe all you want gays go to hell, but that’s a horrible and evil belief and you should be self aware enough to keep that ridiculous shit to yourself.

Once your fat fucking mouth starts saying it out loud to the world, you don’t have religious belief protection any more from your employer or from the Public calling you a piece of shit.

Where do you draw the line?

If a Muslim employer doesn’t like a Christian employees trinitarian theology, or a Commie manager is offended at the economic opinions of an ardent capitalist, or a secular liberal boss doesn’t like the theocratic opinions of his Muslim secretary - just fire them and employee people that are in complete uniformity?

I get leaving politics out of the workplace but its not always possible and with the advent of social media it’s pretty much a given that you’ll be aware of the political or religious leanings of co-workers who you have online contact with.

It’s up to his employer what speech is allowed.

But that should cut both was.

Like when people want someone fired for kneeing for the anthem.

Great news imo. This is no longer about religion and thats why so many Aussies care about this situation, it's about Free Speech. The Left, the media, the PC police and the woke bastards aren't content with him just losing his employment, they are now trying to turn him into a leper and push him out of society. His wife is also being attacked yet as far as i know she actually hasn't even said a word about what's happened to her husband. However that hasn't stopped the ANZ[bank] from contacting her employer in order to say they don't like what her husband has said about gays. People aren't interested in how pc and woke banks, airlines, etc, are, stay out of it!

We know when an Aussie muslim athlete says something similar in the future, and it will happen one day, nothing much will be said at all. Why? Because people, businesses, organizations are far too scared to piss off muslims but not scared of christians.

It's pathetic how these constantly offended snowflakes are whining all the fucking time. So this guy has different beliefs than you? And you start crying and demand that he loses his job because his views are making you cry like a little bitch?
<DisgustingHHH>

Back