When people say UFC is rubbish (thoughts on this).

At this point mma and boxing put on big fights evenly.

Theres great boxing matches every couple weeks too, you just dont follow boxing enough to appreciate it. I dont either, but i know people who do. Id say boxing is still quite a bit bigger than mma or "ufc".

Theres great boxing matches every couple weeks too, you just dont follow boxing enough to appreciate it. I dont either, but i know people who do. Id say boxing is still quite a bit bigger than mma or "ufc".
In the 90's I lived in US for a bit and Australia for a bit. I had so many debates about American Football vs Rugby vs Aussie Rules. What a waste of time lol

I imagine in 20 years, TS will look back on this and laugh too.

Misanthropic haters that don't have a lot of positive influence in their bitter lives.

UFC is good to go. Watch the fights you enjoy, change the channel when you don't want to watch and stop being crybaby bitches and complaining about literally EVERYTHING.

Yeah, or at least appreciate it if you're not a fan the same way we appreciate sports and Boxing even when we're not a fan.

I agree but there is not much else to watch in the realm of MMA. I have tried to get into Bellator but it comes off as a knock-off UFC which in itself is a cheap brand.

Yeah I found the same with that too.

Theres great boxing matches every couple weeks too, you just dont follow boxing enough to appreciate it.

Possibly but to be honest these people don't know or care about anyone other than the people in the main event, my brother is a big Boxing fan (he's even been boxing himself and had an undefeated streak) but even he doesn't know or care about the under cards and it's only really the main event they know or care about which is every 6 months or so we'll hear something and they'll watch it where as UFC fans you don't get that, sure there's the odd cards people might not watch (of course) however it's rare we go 6 months or more to wait for an event we want to watch.

A lot of these boxing fans I know do this and they say that themselves, they never watch unless it's Tyson Fury or something or a local known talent who is doing really well, they don't care about the undercards on the main card and sometimes won't even go to the venue until it's close to the main event because they're not interested, they say that themselves.

In the 90's I lived in US for a bit and Australia for a bit. I had so many debates about American Football vs Rugby vs Aussie Rules. What a waste of time lol

I imagine in 20 years, TS will look back on this and laugh too.

Haha, possibly, it's more about other people's general consensus about this at the moment though.

Yeah, or at least appreciate it if you're not a fan the same way we appreciate sports and Boxing even when we're not a fan.

Possibly but to be honest these people don't know or care about anyone other than the people in the main event, my brother is a big Boxing fan (he's even been boxing himself and had an undefeated streak) but even he doesn't know or care about the under cards and it's only really the main event they know or care about which is every 6 months or so we'll hear something and they'll watch it where as UFC fans you don't get that, sure there's the odd cards people might not watch (of course) however it's rare we go 6 months or more to wait for an event we want to watch.

A lot of these boxing fans I know do this and they say that themselves, they never watch unless it's Tyson Fury or something or a local known talent who is doing really well, they don't care about the undercards on the main card and sometimes won't even go to the venue until it's close to the main event because they're not interested, they say that themselves.
Boxing is so damn corrupt and the judging is so damn shady that it’s frustrating to watch.

oh well, maybe some businessmen/gangsters can start up another Pride in Japan.

Boxing is so damn corrupt and the judging is so damn shady that it’s frustrating to watch.

oh well, maybe some businessmen/gangsters can start up another Pride in Japan.

Yeah, that's what I mean though, I can appreciate it and I don't mind it to be honest, it's not my favourite thing but I wouldn't go as far as knocking it because I can see why people like it and enjoy it and of course it's subjective anyway which I get, hence why say if I did find something really boring I wouldn't say it was shit because it's clearly not and people obviously like it.

How is that any different from ufc? I maybe watch 5 live fights a year or less and as you can see ive been here going on 15 years... you might still be in the new fan phase but it wears off. Boxing is cool too if you like to watch skilled fights. You just gotta have an open mind.

How is that any different from ufc? I maybe watch 5 live fights a year or less and as you can see ive been here going on 15 years... you might still be in the new fan phase but it wears off. Boxing is cool too if you like to watch skilled fights. You just gotta have an open mind.

I've been watching UFC for a good while now and I still find fights and events exciting all the time.

And like I mentioned I respect and don't mind a bit of Boxing either, it's quite good but my preference is UFC and as I explained I have no problem with people preferring Boxing over UFC or not even liking UFC at all but a lot of them from my experience shit on UFC and go on about how great Boxing is and most of the time they don't know barely any fighters apart from Conor McGregor and to a lesser extent Khabib, UFC also has skilled fights of a mixed variety so why shit on UFC?

I don't shit on Boxing or do I shit on any sport, I'll even say yeah Boxing is good and I appreciate it but even if I didn't I'd still appreciate it the same way I do Tennis or any other sport but some of those fans won't credit UFC, they'll just say "It's shit though mate".

That's the difference.

I've been watching UFC for a good while now and I still find fights and events exciting all the time.

And like I mentioned I respect and don't mind a bit of Boxing either, it's quite good but my preference is UFC and as I explained I have no problem with people preferring Boxing over UFC or not even liking UFC at all but a lot of them from my experience shit on UFC and go on about how great Boxing is and most of the time they don't know barely any fighters apart from Conor McGregor and to a lesser extent Khabib, UFC also has skilled fights of a mixed variety so why shit on UFC?

I don't shit on Boxing or do I shit on any sport, I'll even say yeah Boxing is good and I appreciate it but even if I didn't I'd still appreciate it the same way I do Tennis or any other sport but some of those fans won't credit UFC, they'll just say "It's shit though mate".

That's the difference.
I didnt say you were shitting on it. Im just stating the days of ufc cards being better and more stacked than boxing cards are over. I never sit through an entire ufc event anymore theres typically one or two must see fights and a bunch of people youve never heard of. Just like an average boxing event.

I didnt say you were shitting on it. Im just stating the days of ufc cards being better and more stacked than boxing cards are over. I never sit through an entire ufc event anymore theres typically one or two must see fights and a bunch of people youve never heard of. Just like an average boxing event.

No I know, I just meant that in theory like I don't so why would others shit on things they're not as favourable to.

It's a catch 22 about the boxing fights thing because as I mentioned above in another reply all the people I know do only watch events 2 or 3 times a year and they only watch and care about the main card, UFC is always churning out great events and I have friends who have been big Boxing fans for years also say this it's just a lot of these who say the opposite or shit on UFC haven't even really watched it.

My brother was involved in Boxing and he did well on the scene (he was never on TV or anything like that but he was fighting big competition at local events and was undefeated), he's obviously a big boxing fan but he's the same and he says the same too, those who have knocked UFC are exactly the same where they don't even care or know the under cards (my brother doesn't knock UFC of course) but I don't know any Boxing fan round here (and I know a lot) who know or care about the under cards what so ever, it's just the main events every 6 months or so and that's for real.

I know not every UFC fan watches every card but you do find on a whole it's more consistent than not, you're the first person I've heard say you only watch 5 fights a year (and I'm not saying it's not common either but I just barely heard it but I do genuinely hear it all the time with Boxing which is not a bad thing but I do find this is very common), UFC fans talk about it and watch it all the time even casual friends I know.

In fact casual friends I know who like UFC are often big boxing fans but they talk about and watch UFC more than boxing because it's every 6 months or so a Boxing event comes round they're interested to watch (IE Tyson Fury, Wilder, Joshua or if there's a local talent at top of the game) but that's about it.

I dunno, I just find that a lot of Boxing fans shit on UFC just because they like Boxing and the one's that do usually have barely watched UFC other than the odd fights or clips they may have seen and that's about it.

Of course not all, as mentioned above a lot of Boxing fans appreciate UFC too even if they don't like it but the thread is about when/if you have conversations and get that reaction, it's like Boxing is the best and UFC is shit mate but it's like not really and it's subjective too yet can all be appreciated.

Last edited:
No I know, I just meant that in theory like I don't so why would others shit on things they're not as favourable to.

It's a catch 22 about the boxing fights thing because as I mentioned above in another reply all the people I know do only watch events 2 or 3 times a year and they only watch and care about the main card, UFC is always churning out great events and I have friends who have been big Boxing fans for years also say this it's just a lot of these who say the opposite or shit on UFC haven't even really watched it.

My brother was involved in Boxing and he did well on the scene (he was never on TV or anything like that but he was fighting big competition at local events and was undefeated), he's obviously a big boxing fan but he's the same and he says the same too, those who have knocked UFC are exactly the same where they don't even care or know the under cards (my brother doesn't knock UFC of course) but I don't know any Boxing fan round here (and I know a lot) who know or care about the under cards what so ever, it's just the main events every 6 months or so and that's for real.

I know not every UFC fan watches every card but you do find on a whole it's more consistent than not, you're the first person I've heard say you only watch 5 fights a year (and I'm not saying it's not common either but I just never heard it), UFC fans talk about it and watch it all the time even casual friends I know.

In fact casual friends I know who like UFC are often big boxing fans but they talk about and watch UFC more than boxing because it's every 6 months or so a Boxing event comes round they're interested to watch (IE Tyson Fury, Wilder, Joshua or if there's a local talent at top of the game) but that's about it.

I dunno, I just find that a lot of Boxing fans shit on UFC just because they like Boxing and the one's that do usually have barely watched UFC other than the odd fights or clips they may have seen and that's about it.

Of course not all, as mentioned above a lot of Boxing fans appreciate UFC too even if they don't like it but the thread is about when you/if you have conversations and get that reaction, it's like Boxing the the best and UFC is shit mate but it's like not really and it's subjective too yet can all be appreciated.
Theres alot more than just Joshua, Fury, and Wilder dude

GGG, Alvarez, Pacman, Ward (maybe retired),Stevenson but hes inactive, Crawford, Khan, Cotto, Bradley.

I just think you dont hang around boxing fans. And its a global sport, so just what you see in america doesnt mean thats how it is everywhere else

Theres alot more than just Joshua, Fury, and Wilder dude

GGG, Alvarez, Pacman, Ward (maybe retired),Stevenson but hes inactive, Crawford, Khan, Cotto, Bradley.

I just think you dont hang around boxing fans. And its a global sport, so just what you see in america doesnt mean thats how it is everywhere else

lol, I do, there's loads of them and pretty much most the guys I know (specially all my brothers friends) are all big boxing fans.

They don't watch those fighters, GGG maybe as I heard some of them saying about the Canelo dude but even that was very 50/50 with them, they'll watch events every 6 months or so, I'm telling you lol

I hear them all the time, trust me and as I explained my brother WAS a boxer so obviously a lot of his friends are from that too lol

And I'm in the UK lol

lol, I do, there's loads of them and pretty much most the guys I know (specially all my brothers friends) are all big boxing fans.

They don't watch those fighters, GGG maybe as I heard some of them saying about the Canelo dude but even that was very 50/50 with them, they'll watch events every 6 months or so, I'm telling you lol

I hear them all the time, trust me and as I explained my brother WAS a boxer so obviously a lot of his friends are from that too lol

And I'm in the UK lol
I mean nobody is buying ufc ppvs either dude. Here ufc is never on tv in a bar.. i just disagree i think boxing puts on just as good of shows and has just as many fans. Obviously were not getting anywhere here, so cheers.

I mean nobody is buying ufc ppvs either dude. Here ufc is never on tv in a bar.. i just disagree i think boxing puts on just as good of shows and has just as many fans. Obviously were not getting anywhere here, so cheers.

I think you're missing the point of the thread.

You think boxing puts on just as good as shows as UFC (which is fine as to many they obviously do) but do you turn round and say to Boxing fans "Boxing is shit mate" when they say they like or prefer Boxing over UFC? That's what I hear a lot when I say I like UFC.

That's what the thread is about, the general consensus in regards to this response (or if they get this), it's not a thread about which is better as like I mentioned in the OP it's all subjective and I get that and have no problem with that.

UFC's not on bars as much as boxing is here either because Boxing is an established sport, however that said my brother was out in town the other night and he told me how they had the Waterson/Joanna event on in the bar in town.

And by the way these people who have said this to me are not buying the Boxing PPV's either lol

Back