When my posterior chain suffers - I cannot squat, ees normaal?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by DeepFry, Sep 24, 2021.

1. DeepFry Orange Belt

Basically my default body shape when I'm not getting a pump on = skinny.

When I get a pump I inflate to Juggernaut standards quickly.

I've recently been blitzing the forum with threads cause I had been off for 2 years and recently made a triumphant return, various technicalities are becoming apparent to me;

One being that, given my propensity to lose mass/muscle, my posterior chain just goes to hell real quick.

As in I become non-existent posteriorly.

Firstly session back I was hitting some squats and I felt this like, a-symmetry?
    Around my hips, like they were tight and uncomfortable, and on the ascension from the deep squat (high bar) I had to lean forward heavily to complete the movement.

I attribute this to my posterior chain simply not having the mass to complete the movement, or posture being too out of sync to squat properly (empty bar, no weight - same deal).

RDL's felt awesome as they always do - my steak and chips, go to exercise.

They torch the posterior chain, especially if you do them sumo-style.

Well I spent the next five sessions working that, absolutely torching my posterior chain, pump sets working up to 1 RM's, back down to pump sets.
    I would literally lose all power in my legs by the time I was done.

Then, last session, I try some high bar squats:

DRAMATIC improvement.

Not quite where I was at before the two year break but my body just felt more fluid and natural doing them, I could hold my upper body straighter without the forward lean etc.

I attribute this to the correction of my out-of-sync posterior via my posterior chain having become non-existent due to not maintaining it and muscle/mass loss.

2. wufabufa Silver Belt

Bro it's clear you just gotta increase the flame on the torch. Do you even torch?

Fahcough, Volador and Sano like this.
  3. Fahcough Silver Belt

Greece the Grove.

Sets of 25 Sparta kicks, each leg. x 3

4. Sweet Science Of Fighting White Belt

It was your first session back after 2 years. Not going to move/feel great regardless. And doesn't take long to get back into the groove

Volador likes this.