When my posterior chain suffers - I cannot squat, ees normaal?

DeepFry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Basically my default body shape when I'm not getting a pump on = skinny.

When I get a pump I inflate to Juggernaut standards quickly.

I've recently been blitzing the forum with threads cause I had been off for 2 years and recently made a triumphant return, various technicalities are becoming apparent to me;

One being that, given my propensity to lose mass/muscle, my posterior chain just goes to hell real quick.

As in I become non-existent posteriorly.

Firstly session back I was hitting some squats and I felt this like, a-symmetry?
Around my hips, like they were tight and uncomfortable, and on the ascension from the deep squat (high bar) I had to lean forward heavily to complete the movement.

I attribute this to my posterior chain simply not having the mass to complete the movement, or posture being too out of sync to squat properly (empty bar, no weight - same deal).

RDL's felt awesome as they always do - my steak and chips, go to exercise.

They torch the posterior chain, especially if you do them sumo-style.

Well I spent the next five sessions working that, absolutely torching my posterior chain, pump sets working up to 1 RM's, back down to pump sets.
I would literally lose all power in my legs by the time I was done.

Then, last session, I try some high bar squats:

DRAMATIC improvement.

Not quite where I was at before the two year break but my body just felt more fluid and natural doing them, I could hold my upper body straighter without the forward lean etc.

I attribute this to the correction of my out-of-sync posterior via my posterior chain having become non-existent due to not maintaining it and muscle/mass loss.

It was your first session back after 2 years. Not going to move/feel great regardless. And doesn't take long to get back into the groove

Back