When did you realize TJ Dillashaw could actually beat Barao?

rogan has everything to do with it. because unschooled mma viewers (like yourself i am guessing) are easily swayed when an announcer gushes all over one fighter. it elevates whatever that fighter does and diminishes what his opponent does. Rogan was quickly infatuated with how well tj did in the first round and it turned him into a fan the rest of the fight, unable to call the fight in an unbiased manner.

so many were swayed because they kept hearing how awesome tj was doing. mad props to tj and i think it is awesome he won. but that fight was even going into the final round.

you must be on crack. please stop watching mma. you hurt the sport.
fight was even but baroa was almost finished in the first.

he won 2 and 4. tj was dancing and looked cool, but barao did more damage and controlled the action. of course thats not what rogan wanted you to think, so you may have been confused

wrong(1).gif

Moment 1
dillashaw1.gif

Moment 2
dillashaw3.gif

Moment 3
dillashaw4.gif

Thought he might take it at these times.

My head said that Barao was going to win this fight. But my heart wanted TJ to win.

I was on the edge of my seat the entire fight. I thought at any moment that Barao was still dangerous and could KO Dillashaw if he got careless. I was so relieved when TJ got the TKO.

I'm going to be a mess when Machida fights Weidman :(

rogan has everything to do with it. because unschooled mma viewers (like yourself i am guessing) are easily swayed when an announcer gushes all over one fighter. it elevates whatever that fighter does and diminishes what his opponent does. Rogan was quickly infatuated with how well tj did in the first round and it turned him into a fan the rest of the fight, unable to call the fight in an unbiased manner.

so many were swayed because they kept hearing how awesome tj was doing. mad props to tj and i think it is awesome he won. but that fight was even going into the final round.

As perhaps the biggest Barao fan on this site I knew he was seriously down going into the 5th.

Either fighter could have got the second round, but 1,3,4 were in the bag for TJ plus Renan had taken the bigger shots and was slowing down the most.

It would require a finish by Barao against the run of play for him to win in the final round.

Stop with your pointless " Joe Rogan brainedwashed you and everybody else except me because I am so smart " dribble.

The fight was not even going into the last round. Nobody except you thinks that it was tied going into the 5th round. I can see why you think Barao won the second round because it was close, but I felt TJ edged it out though it was close. I don't see how you think he won the 4th round when he was out landed badly and TJ was clearly controlling the action.

About the third round. Like forrestcries said, I never completely counted him out, though. He's a dangerous finisher but his chances looked more bleak by the round.

Round 2 TJ landed 28 sig strikes to Baron's 20; round 4 was 31-13 in favor of D-Shaw.

Baron lost every round.

Maybe you were the one swayed by rogan in the opposite direction

Like halfway through the first round. Right before the flash ko

when he tagged barao in the first with ease and was just so relaxed even the rest of the fight.

Honestly, in the first few minutes of the first round I thought, "Wow Dillashaw looks like the guy who hasn't lost in nine years."

All I was hoping for was a good fight from TJ but I felt he could pull it off when he landed an uppercut in the first round. Then of course when he knocked him down I thought he had it.

i had it 2-2 going into the 5th. rogan drooling all over tj made a lot of you who are easily swayed think it was one sided in dillashaw's favor. really, i was leaning barao right up until the high kick in the finishing sequence that turned it in dillashaw's favor.

problem is, there are too many that dont know enough about mma and let rogan tell them what to think

hahahaha, gtfo there's no way that that fight was 2-2 going into the fifth.

i had it 2-2 going into the 5th. rogan drooling all over tj made a lot of you who are easily swayed think it was one sided in dillashaw's favor. really, i was leaning barao right up until the high kick in the finishing sequence that turned it in dillashaw's favor.

problem is, there are too many that dont know enough about mma and let rogan tell them what to think

hipster-glasses21.jpg

When I saw TJ just landing at will on Easton I actually thought to myself "Man, I think this guy could give Barao a good fight, maybe even win". Honestly though I'll admit I got caught up in the Barao hype when I saw the odds and saw how many people were counting TJ out. I don't train so I figured everyone else saw something I didn't in the match up. Now I wish I had gone with my gut and bet on him.

Back