When did Anderson become this sloppy?

BjPenn2016FW

delete this account
Banned
Reaction score
When did Silva become the one strike sloppy head hunter he is?
He used to string together combos like crazy. Now not so much

Since he got old and slow. Your speed goes with age.

he was always throwing that wild overhand and dipping his head. dunno what was up with that

Don't know if he used too many combos in a agressive way. He was always a counter punch fighter, and Bisping didn't give that for most of the fight. But when he did, Anderson didn't looked the same.

Sloppy? Bisping looked like he was in the matrix bro. Anyone would look sloppy

God damn that punch landed flush on the chin. It's actually amazing he recovered as quickly as he did.

Yeah Anderson Silva was swinging for the fences and through a ton of looping punches rather than straight ones

God damn that punch landed flush on the chin. It's actually amazing he recovered as quickly as he did.

I don't understand why the hell he kept ducking and throwing the right hand from the side like that. He kept doing it. Just asking to be caught. I've never seen him doing something so predictable like that.

I honestly thought he was faking. I was dead scared he had all of it in the bag for the 5th.

Ahahahahahahaha

You might want to cut him some slack. He is after all 40. I thought he looked great. Putting his hands down and baiting has always been his bread n butter. He's still pretty creative in getting people to open up. Bisping looked sharp too and got his combos inside which dropped Anderson. It was a close fight. I ain't mad at that like some people in this board.

He's not been a nice man at all with so many of his opponents. Maia's too nice a guy to gloat but I'm sure he's watching.

It's nice to be a nice fighter a'la GSP. To be an Anderson fighter's not cool.

I don't understand why the hell he kept ducking and throwing the right hand from the side like that. He kept doing it. Just asking to be caught. I've never seen him doing something so predictable like that.

He done that in plenty of other fights, both Sonnen fights and the Okami fight, I'm sure he also did it in others I can't remember right now. I've also always wondered why he been doing such a sloppy technique when everything else is on point.

He just has lost a step. Just enough for him to get caught when he would not have Before and just enough for him to miss where hé would have connected Before.

he's doing this for fun at this point. let him be, he has nothing else to prove.

enjoy what's left of Anderson Silva before it is too late.

Honestly, with him being called the GOAT and having millions of dollars, I don't think he's listening to pointers from others anymore. In the Weidman fight, nobody could calm him down. In this fight, nobody was telling him there was a high probability that he was down on the scorecards. I think he's just doing whatever he wants now and it's showing in his most recent fights. His technique and fundamentals are all traded in for flash and shock.

Compare the Anderson since the Maia fight to the one who fought Murray, Leben or Franklin and you'll see a world of difference his fundamentals. It's unfortunate but it's created some amazing highlight reels and added to his mystique so.. I guess it's not too bad overall?

Gotta love Sherdog when guys who are sitting on the sidelines saying the guys in their doing it that "Your sloppy!!!", "Your 40!!", " Your reflexes suck and your slow!!!", " off with your head!!!".

Getting in their and going 5 rounds at 40 is worthy of a compliment plus their is no fountain of youth so you can't expect the same guy you seen in the past. I gave the fight to Bisping but his face was a mess and not all that was from the knee. I could not argue if somebody said they thought Silva won nor could I argue if they said it was a draw, other than the controversy about the knee it was a good scrap.

He's not what he used to be, but that's okay I think. He's 40 and chooses to fight for fun and challenge.

Are you not entertained?

Back