• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whay age did you learn most "friends" arent ride till you die?

Middle school. Some of my friends from junior school ended up in the cool group. I didn't. So a few months into grade 6 and some of my "friends" couldn't be seen with me anymore and they started being dicks towards me. Kids are assholes, no joke.

Around mid 20's, for whatever reason I thought I'd be friends with the guys I grew up with until I was an old man the reality is people grow apart, people become interested in different things or start families. Still have a few friends from primary or secondary school or guys I use to skate with when I was a teenager but most have drifted apart from most of them.

From as far as I can remember my dad was always telling me never to fully trust anyone, and while I had stuck with it for the most part, there were instances in my life where I slipped up. First was in college when I joined an Asian Canadian/American community type of thing, always talking about fighting racism and stereotypes and whatnaught, then when things was getting cool, there was news of Vietnam talking about China should return Spralty islands in the East China sea, and the cans immediately pulled a 180 and started going full neo-nazi on me, saying VN people are dogs, people who keep bothering China and "deserve to be exterminated", inferior sub-species, only the ones who had "Chinese blood" were intelligent, tall, and superior, "real" Vietnamese ethnic people are all 80 IQ subhumans are nothing but like n**gers but small cocks (odd considering they are yellow as well and it ain't like there's much deviation...). Odd is all are western born and raised but seemed to have big support for CCP.

The whole deal felt like a liver shot to me, talked about kumbaya unity, and equality, then pull that bullshit on me. Part of the reason I fell in with them was because of some discrimination from other groups back then (as cringy as that may sound on Sherdog), and this was supposed to be the place where that wasn't there. I ended up trying to prove it was all bs and went out to nail as many Chinese chicks as possible, mainly because it was all they were obsessed with but were too timid and shy to approach and get. Something about taking their "crown jewel" and making sure they saw me and knew what happened, I wanted to see what their excuse was that a "yellow n**ger" was able to accomplish what they couldn't. I guess in a way it was lesson in that It made me realize that in life its not about people's race, ethnicity, genetic makeup, skin, etc. there are people in life who get things, and people who will always be 2nd place and lower, as humans we do what we do to rise up, and flourish... and I just had to go out and forge that path for myself. It also taught me it wasn't hard to nail pussy as I thought it was. I will admit though it wasn't a good place for me, it was a pretty toxic time having been fueled too much by the opinions of lesser lame people with incel-like tendencies, looking back I shouldn't have let it impact my time that much.

They were I guess... a bit pissed at me after that, wouldn't even talk to me anymore, badmouthed the chicks I was dating, gave me dirty looks whenever we saw each other on campus or around the fast food places in the area. That was the biggest betrayal I guess to me, I was 19 at the time. Made me really see race / ethnic groups as bullshit and someone's always there to try to take advantage. Told my dad later on, and he told me that's what you get for trusting commies (lol), then told me more war stories of the war which I've been told almost every day from when I was a kid. I figured people who experienced discrimination would try to not let it happen to others and make something of it, but I guess some people take the low road and try to push others down to prop themselves up. oh well.

The other I guess was more recently (3-4 years ago) when I realized my MMA gym wasn't my second family I thought it was, and gym loyalty is overrated talk for someone who just wants to maintain memberships and coast through life. Turns out a couple of my close teammates who I thought were my bros 4 life from this (we competed together and MMA/combat sports was all we "lived for") were more about loyalty to the gym than I thought, and kinda stopped talking to me when I left. I do still have a few close friends from that gym and we still talk daily.

I dont want to discuss to much of my childhood on sherdog for obvious reasons...

My father went to war and unfortunately didn't return my mom died of cancer and my family disintegrated leaving me orphaned by a early age so i never trusted anyone really to begin with but when i was 14/15 something happened that made it to where I didn't just not trust people, i I realized how scummy most people are.

The short version of the story is that i literally saved a person's life and they betrayed me. Unfortunately i wrote it off as a fluke

It happed again 5 years later. After that i dont think friends truly exist.

Everyone will write off anyone under the right circumstances. You can be the sole reason someones heart is beating and they'll gladly slither up to hiss a betrayal in your ear and slide a knife between your ribs. Its why i dont care for other people as much anymore.

I dont want to discuss to much of my childhood on sherdog for obvious reasons...

My father went to war and unfortunately didn't return my mom died of cancer and my family disintegrated leaving me orphaned by a early age so i never trusted anyone really to begin with but when i was 14/15 something happened that made it to where I didn't just not trust people, i I realized how scummy most people are.

The short version of the story is that i literally saved a person's life and they betrayed me. Unfortunately i wrote it off as a fluke

It happed again 5 years later. After that i dont think friends truly exist.

Everyone will write off anyone under the right circumstances. You can be the sole reason someones heart is beating and they'll gladly slither up to hiss a betrayal in your ear and slide a knife between your ribs. Its why i dont care for other people as much anymore.
Fuck.
Even family will turn their back on you.
It sucks.

I'm very sorry to hear about your Father and your Mother.

From as far as I can remember my dad was always telling me never to fully trust anyone, and while I had stuck with it for the most part, there were instances in my life where I slipped up. First was in college when I joined an Asian Canadian/American community type of thing, always talking about fighting racism and stereotypes and whatnaught, then when things was getting cool, there was news of Vietnam talking about China should return Spralty islands in the East China sea, and the cans immediately pulled a 180 and started going full neo-nazi on me, saying VN people are dogs, people who keep bothering China and "deserve to be exterminated", inferior sub-species, only the ones who had "Chinese blood" were intelligent, tall, and superior, "real" Vietnamese ethnic people are all 80 IQ subhumans are nothing but like n**gers but small cocks (odd considering they are yellow as well and it ain't like there's much deviation...). Odd is all are western born and raised but seemed to have big support for CCP.

The whole deal felt like a liver shot to me, talked about kumbaya unity, and equality, then pull that bullshit on me. Part of the reason I fell in with them was because of some discrimination from other groups back then (as cringy as that may sound on Sherdog), and this was supposed to be the place where that wasn't there. I ended up trying to prove it was all bs and went out to nail as many Chinese chicks as possible, mainly because it was all they were obsessed with but were too timid and shy to approach and get. Something about taking their "crown jewel" and making sure they saw me and knew what happened, I wanted to see what their excuse was that a "yellow n**ger" was able to accomplish what they couldn't. I guess in a way it was lesson in that It made me realize that in life its not about people's race, ethnicity, genetic makeup, skin, etc. there are people in life who get things, and people who will always be 2nd place and lower, as humans we do what we do to rise up, and flourish... and I just had to go out and forge that path for myself. It also taught me it wasn't hard to nail pussy as I thought it was. I will admit though it wasn't a good place for me, it was a pretty toxic time having been fueled too much by the opinions of lesser lame people with incel-like tendencies, looking back I shouldn't have let it impact my time that much.

They were I guess... a bit pissed at me after that, wouldn't even talk to me anymore, badmouthed the chicks I was dating, gave me dirty looks whenever we saw each other on campus or around the fast food places in the area. That was the biggest betrayal I guess to me, I was 19 at the time. Made me really see race / ethnic groups as bullshit and someone's always there to try to take advantage. Told my dad later on, and he told me that's what you get for trusting commies (lol), then told me more war stories of the war which I've been told almost every day from when I was a kid. I figured people who experienced discrimination would try to not let it happen to others and make something of it, but I guess some people take the low road and try to push others down to prop themselves up. oh well.

The other I guess was more recently (3-4 years ago) when I realized my MMA gym wasn't my second family I thought it was, and gym loyalty is overrated talk for someone who just wants to maintain memberships and coast through life. Turns out a couple of my close teammates who I thought were my bros 4 life from this (we competed together and MMA/combat sports was all we "lived for") were more about loyalty to the gym than I thought, and kinda stopped talking to me when I left. I do still have a few close friends from that gym and we still talk daily.
Jebus, that escalated awful quickly. Good on your pops for trying to steer you right. My grandfather tried to do the same when I was really struggling with trying to fit in as a child.

I've found it really hard to bond with anyone as an adult. Work and the gym certainly haven't resulted in long term friendships. I think sleeping around is damaging so hanging around the bars and the people who enjoy that is pretty much off the table.

Back