What’s Worse Than Passing a Kidney Stone?

Passing two at the same time

View attachment 983518

o2pvg.jpg

But it gets better:

View attachment 983519

FqOZ2JvXoAY66-s

Fuck my life
Well not passing it and instead having it stuck. I had that last year and the pain made me loose consciousness . first time in life. I don't know anything that even remotely compares.

I didn't call 911 because I am an idiot and went to my doc by train. The most idiotic decision of my life :D

what the fuck. some of yous are talking like 15/16 times is normal.

I dread & pray I never have one in my lifetime. good thing though, I've been drinking water exclusively for the passed few years.

Few minutes ago? How much did it hurt, is there anything they can give you in anticipation as you kinda knew its coming ? Why are some dark?
A local anaestetic cream would be good or similar to numb up the hose

Any idea why youre getting them, drink too little ?

It’s a combination of factors. Drinking too much coffee or Coca Cola and not drinking enough water. Probably too much salt in my diet too. Basically my nephrologist wants me to drink up to 4L (1 gallon) of water a day, which frankly is a lot of fucking water.

I also have blood pressure issues and blood pressure problems and kidney problems have sort of a negative feedback loop with each other: high blood pressure causes kidney problems and kidney problems cause blood pressure problems. Sort of a chicken and the egg situation, hard to decide who is originally to blame.

As for why some of the stones are dark I can’t really explain. There’s five different kinds of kidney stones, but every time I’ve salvaged them out of the toilet and taken them for lab analysis they’ve always come back as calcium oxalate stones, regardless of their colour or shape, so I don’t know why they can sometimes look wildly different from each other. Back in March I took to the lab these three stones that I had passed between November 2021 and November 2022 and despite all looking very different in shape, colour and texture they all came back as reading 98% calcium oxalate

IMG_0099.jpeg

I've had 3 attacks. All on the right side.

First one sucked.

Second one was no big deal.

Third was the worst pain I've ever experienced. By far. No comfort at all. Percocet 5 and CBD gummies were zero help.

So I had a CT scan on May 19th. It showed I was in the midst of passing two kidney stones with another six still in my kidneys, three in each.

I finally peed out the two plus a smaller fragment of one on Wednesday morning. But just a few minutes ago I peed out another stone along with a smaller fragment. What the fuck is going on with my body??

View attachment 986211

hw9pfmapvrn01.gif

So I had a CT scan on May 19th. It showed I was in the midst of passing two kidney stones with another six still in my kidneys, three in each.

I finally peed out the two plus a smaller fragment of one on Wednesday morning. But just a few minutes ago I peed out another stone along with a smaller fragment. What the fuck is going on with my body??

View attachment 986211

Oxalate can sneak into a diet. Sesame seeds, canned pineapple, celery, chocolate, all high in oxalate. Same deal with sodium. It's in everything. Then you have to be watchful of phosphoric acid, processed foods, foods high in sugar... Don't forget to drink a gallon of water every day. Personally, I don't do the water biz anymore. Fruit infused water, coconut water, lemon water, lime water, nectarine water, cucumber water, anything that can be eaten and can be blended with water, try that.

what the fuck. some of yous are talking like 15/16 times is normal.

I dread & pray I never have one in my lifetime. good thing though, I've been drinking water exclusively for the passed few years.

I knew a lady who had it and she said it was because she was drinking like 5 liters of soda everyday. She quit soda after the experience. I have a soda addiction and that scared me into drinking a lot less.

I knew a lady who had it and she said it was because she was drinking like 5 liters of soda everyday. She quit soda after the experience. I have a soda addiction and that scared me into drinking a lot less.

Yeah, I’ve always been a soda addict myself but it got particularly bad the last two years as I switched to Coke Zero from regular Coke and then stopped trying to limit it to say 1 can a day and would sometimes drink like 3-4 cans in a day. But given how many stones I’ve passed in the last two years compared to the previous 10 there’s obviously a connection so I think my soda days are over.

Goodbye Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper and root beer. Other than apparently destroying my kidneys you guys were always there for me :(

Yeah, I’ve always been a soda addict myself but it got particularly bad the last two years as I switched to Coke Zero from regular Coke and then stopped trying to limit it to say 1 can a day and would sometimes drink like 3-4 cans in a day. But given how many stones I’ve passed in the last two years compared to the previous 10 there’s obviously a connection so I think my soda days are over.

Goodbye Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper and root beer. Other than apparently destroying my kidneys you guys were always there for me :(

Have you considered suing Kim Mitchell?

This thread scares the shit out of me. I'm in a constant state of dehydration a couple of time a week. I take calcium carbonate tabs to prevent muscle cramps and I always drink soda during bike stops. Tbf, I only have soda during these bike rides but I'm at that age to be a prime candidate for them stones.

I passed two in three days. It sucked. First one made me buckle and I pissed all over the floor. Learned my lesson and pissed sitting for a few days and feared the pain. Finally got the second one out and was so relieved

Wrong thread, sorry.

Last edited:
It's only bad the first couple of times due to you not knowing wtf is happening. So not only do you have physical pain, but you're mentally taxed thinking it's something more serious than it is. Once you've had a couple and know the onset signs, it's just annoying but bearable.

Back