• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whatsupp with Stipe ?

More times than not, things turn ugly when you turn 40 and keep competing in mma at the highest level. Stipe had a great career and made good money, he should consider retirement or maybe one last fight by summer. It’s a downhill road for him from now on if he goes against these younger behemoths.

Very frustrating dude ta keep stocked. I doubt he gets a TS so sitting out seems wasteful.

Ah well.

All of the factors of Stipe's situation make it very unlikely to end well. His age, his desire for big money fights/title shots only, and his financial and job security outside of MMA don't mesh well with what appear to be UFC's plans for the HW division.

He should retire. Don’t see him beating anyone in the top 4 at this point. He’s a 40 year old man.

I hope he gets a easier fight, a W and then retire
Almost 40, just enjoy life man

He's an old dog, trying to learn new tricks

I'd try to do a super fight with Jones and then retire if I were him.

Is he entitled to another title shot right after losing? He needs to fight Black Beast before they grant him another

Last edited:
@Final Say any actual updates?
He’s said publicly he has a meeting with the ufc planned in Vegas sometime soon. Maybe early 2022 if memory serves.

Other than that, the usual: wants a title shot, would like to fight Jones and will fight anyone they put in front of him regardless.

It’s stipe, he has never wavered even once in his career lol. People who call him entitled or a brat may be the dumbest fans on all of sherdog, stipe is one of the most workmanlike, mouth shut, hard-earned active fighters in the entire ufc

If Stipe's wrestling isn't elite then there aren't any elite wrestlers at HW.
I agree...best HW wrestler are probably Blaydes and Jon Jones then I'd put Stipe. Weak division when it comes to wrestling compared to the lighter weights I guess

He's probably holding out for another title fight. Hopefully not though. That would be completely boring. He needs to test himself back in the top 10 mix.

Back