What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I want to but I have no hunting history with OTC tags so I likely wouldn’t get it based simply on points. Going to do turkey this spring and try duck and cow elk next fall

I got drawn here for bull elk last year with 0 points so it does happen. How does UT work, if you put in and don't get drawn you get 1 point? Can you just buy a point for next year instead of going into the draw?

I got drawn here for bull elk last year with 0 points so it does happen. How does UT work, if you put in and don't get drawn you get 1 point? Can you just buy a point for next year instead of going into the draw?
I think we get a point by putting in for a draw.

My extending Mag is an Odin too and I love it.

I have an HK style front sight on my 14.5 I’m going to swap for a DD sometime I think.
Put the Odin on all but one of my rifles. Absolutely love it.
DD are great fixed sights. I run them on several rifles.......the scalarworks are absolutely amazing but not worth double the price of the DD imo. But damn are they sexy af......have them matched up with an MRO in a scalarworks mount on my latest sbr.

I have not....but will be reading up on them now. Appreciate it.

Edit.....damn. Just playing on their website. Pretty cool that they have so many options with their lpk.

Everything is well thought out and machined out of top of the line stuff.

I'm waiting for their V3 bolt catch, should be available in the next month or 2.

Uhhhhh. My 870 police magnum is one of my favorites. Extended mag tube and walnut furniture.....just do it
I could get an 870 Express with wood for about $350 but it seems like Remington has sucked since Freedom Group bought them in 07.

I could get an 870 Express with wood for about $350 but it seems like Remington has sucked since Freedom Group bought them in 07.
Had my police magnum for while....so not sure about the newer ones. When I got it the wood on the express looked like a laminate compared to the wood on the magnum.

Builder kits with new camos available from Radian. Man their stuff looks so good.

https://radianweapons.com/receivers/builder-kit/radian-builder-kit

r0441-8.5in-clandestinedmc.png

r0442-8.5in-clandestineurban.png

r0440-8.5in-desert.png

I found a buyer for my SP101, .22LR; which probably means a GP-100, .22LR or 617 in the foreseeable future.

VA gun news update...Good news....bill HB961 has been tabled....so dead for at least a year. That was the worst anti gun bill up. It was a bit of good news for me this morning. Lobbying, calls, emails, etc seem to have worked. 4 Democrats voted to table it along with 6 republicans.

What do y'all think about all the fancy coated BCGs?

556-steel-bolt-carrier-group-skittles__25440.1529343939.1280.1280.jpg

As long as the coating doesn't negatively effect the operation of the bcg then I'm all for it. I think the bronze one would look nice with some of the bronze colored furniture.

And the crazy "lightweight" BCGs.

Depends on what the coating is.

NiB coatings have shown to start having issues. Potential coating cracking and the coating actually attracts carbon. I have one and don't have issues but I have noticed it does collect more carbon on it than my black nitride bcgs. It doesn't really affect function imo though. I've gone over 1k without cleaning or lubing it without issue.

Black nitride/QPQ is a great coating and is more cost efficient than others.

DLC/PVD on paper is the best coating. Lowest friction coefficient and highest hardness. There isn't a massive sample size or much long term testing on them yet as a bcg coating though. I'd definitely try one if it fits your budget and you think the benefits are worth it.

And the crazy "lightweight" BCGs.

Depends on your goals. If you go with that you will also want to get an adjustable gas block and do some spring/buffer tuning. It's more for competition, I personally wouldn't run one in a hd/shtf gun tbh. While they can be made very reliable it's still just more things that can go wrong. Having a higher reciprocating mass and more gas (not overgassed) is more reliable.

But anyway yeah it's great for a comp type gun. Less reciprocating mass, faster cycling and less gas will be a flatter faster shooting gun with less recoil impulse.

Depends on what the coating is.

NiB coatings have shown to start having issues. Potential coating cracking and the coating actually attracts carbon. I have one and don't have issues but I have noticed it does collect more carbon on it than my black nitride bcgs. It doesn't really affect function imo though. I've gone over 1k without cleaning or lubing it without issue.

Black nitride/QPQ is a great coating and is more cost efficient than others.

DLC/PVD on paper is the best coating. Lowest friction coefficient and highest hardness. There isn't a massive sample size or much long term testing on them yet as a bcg coating though. I'd definitely try one if it fits your budget and you think the benefits are worth it.
Yeah, I think I'd get nitride. Same for a barrel too since it's just fine for semi auto.

I have nickel boron, nitride, phosphate, and one bcm fde(ion bonded). Can't say I've had an issue with any of them. Some may get a little dirtier than others but other than that nothing. I just make sure that I buy from a reputable company.

The bcg well carrier I'm waiting to get in stock is LMT enhanced carrier. It has an altered cam path for longer dwell time, more gas ports plus it directs gases forward.

Back