What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Trying to resist spending $600+ on an older 870 Police Magnum. I’ve always wanted one because of Resident Evil.

Are you an MLOK or keymod fan?
Uhhhhh. My 870 police magnum is one of my favorites. Extended mag tube and walnut furniture.....just do it

I WAS KeyMod but having a friend with an MLOK gun.... the mounting system seems easier/more sturdy

the biggest thing is with the Army moving to MLOK more accessories are being made for it now that it basically is purely preference at this stage. This AR pistol I’m going to try and get all top end parts so I’m looking at Geissele rails and their systems are almost exclusively MLOK now.
I do MLOK only because that's the direction everything is heading....

That’s where I’m leaning too.

And I’m done buying cheap parts too
Don't blame you. I'm not a lower snob....if it's to specs then I'm OK. Now the parts I put into it is a different story.

Don't blame you. I'm not a lower snob....if it's to specs then I'm OK. Now the parts I put into it is a different story.
It’s mostly from me having past issues like getting cheap plastic stuff and having it break only to have to get the steel version I avoided later.

Whatever the LGS has. I think my favorite store carries Aero
My latest sbr is an aero.
I have psa, aero, bcm, colt, and DD....and as far as lowers go there is no real difference to me. Some are a little shinier or whatever but all go bang and have been reliable.

It’s mostly from me having past issues like getting cheap plastic stuff and having it break only to have to get the steel version I avoided later.
Buy once cry once. My buddy is having a dilemma....he wants to build an ar pistol. He wants the total to come in under $1,500.....but he has the $2,500 pistol in mind.

My latest sbr is an aero.
I have psa, aero, bcm, colt, and DD....and as far as lowers go there is no real difference to me. Some are a little shinier or whatever but all go bang and have been reliable.
I’m a BIT partial to Aero as they’re from my home state but I have a Spikes, Anderson, and my .308 build is on PSA receivers

I’m a BIT partial to Aero as they’re from my home state but I have a Spikes, Anderson, and my .308 build is on PSA receivers
The aero's I have used have been great. My latest lightweight is aero/bcm.

Buy once cry once. My buddy is having a dilemma....he wants to build an ar pistol. He wants the total to come in under $1,500.....but he has the $2,500 pistol in mind.
My parts list is pretty set up right now

past the main lower/upper/pistol brace (SBM4 that I already have).

Geissele SD-C trigger
Geissele Super Duty lower parts kit
Geissele rail (not sure which one)
Faxon Firearms 10.5” pencil barrel
Dead Air Key Mount Flash hider
NiBO BCG probably from Faxon
BCM grip
Move my Aimpoint from my 14.5 to my pistol

And that’s basically it

My parts list is pretty set up right now

past the main lower/upper/pistol brace (SBM4 that I already have).

Geissele SD-C trigger
Geissele Super Duty lower parts kit
Geissele rail (not sure which one)
Faxon Firearms 10.5” pencil barrel
Dead Air Key Mount Flash hider
NiBO BCG probably from Faxon
BCM grip
Move my Aimpoint from my 14.5 to my pistol

And that’s basically it
I like it.
Does the geissele super duty lpk come with the maritime bolt release? I know the ultra duty does. I've become a big fan of that part.

I like it.
Does the geissele super duty lpk come with the maritime bolt release? I know the ultra duty does. I've become a big fan of that part.
I believe it does.

honestly in looking at the Super vs Ultra I straight can’t find what is different between them

I believe it does.

honestly in looking at the Super vs Ultra I straight can’t find what is different between them
It does...weird. Didn't know that.

My problem is that I want what I want....and no one lpk has that. So I buy a good lpk and replace all the parts that I really like.

I think the ultra has a checkered TD pin and different trigger guard.

You putting in for the draw in UT?
I want to but I have no hunting history with OTC tags so I likely wouldn’t get it based simply on points. Going to do turkey this spring and try duck and cow elk next fall

It does...weird. Didn't know that.

My problem is that I want what I want....and no one lpk has that. So I buy a good lpk and replace all the parts that I really like.

I think the ultra has a checkered TD pin and different trigger guard.
They both have a slightly expanded trigger guard though I think.

I’m like you. I’ve had 3 ARs now and I know what I like and what works for me and I run with that.

I like having a front sight that isn’t a flip down one so I’ll be getting a Unity Tactical Fusion hub with their fixed front sight. Idky I like that I just do.

and I’ll get an extended mag release button as well

They both have a slightly expanded trigger guard though I think.

I’m like you. I’ve had 3 ARs now and I know what I like and what works for me and I run with that.

I like having a front sight that isn’t a flip down one so I’ll be getting a Unity Tactical Fusion hub with their fixed front sight. Idky I like that I just do.

and I’ll get an extended mag release button as well
Both triggers guards are nice...but the ultra has a different shape to it. Just happened to notice that.

I'm also a fan of having a fixed front sight (except when using a lpvo)....I have DD and scalarworks.
I like the Odin works extended mag release.
Many of the parts are personal preferences.

I'm still figuring out my next build....I have 8 complete in my safe now. 2 stripped lowers waiting to be built. Hopefully I can chill the fk out and let them sit a while.

Both triggers guards are nice...but the ultra has a different shape to it. Just happened to notice that.

I'm also a fan of having a fixed front sight (except when using a lpvo)....I have DD and scalarworks.
I like the Odin works extended mag release.
Many of the parts are personal preferences.

I'm still figuring out my next build....I have 8 complete in my safe now. 2 stripped lowers waiting to be built. Hopefully I can chill the fk out and let them sit a while.
My extending Mag is an Odin too and I love it.

I have an HK style front sight on my 14.5 I’m going to swap for a DD sometime I think.

Back