• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I saw one of those p365s and they're small, way small. Too small for good shooting. IMO.

Or put it another way:

If you were going to a pistol match, would you likely take the P365 or the P-10c?

If not the p365, why not?

When I choose the vp9sk, ( a guess at the time) it was because I didn't want to compromise shoot-ability over conceal-ability.

That seems to be the compromise with too many of the sub compacts. You trade shoot-ability for conceal-ability.

That's what makes the slightly extra size of the VP9SK worth it. IMO.

10rnds is good, (so far) even in round restrictive States. If you need more, it'll take the 15 and 20rnd magazines from the standard version.

Standard sized VP9? You and @Cubo de Sangre are prolly right, a cz P10c is prolly better.

When do you get to test the p365? Can you give us some accuracy and shooting drill reviews when you do?
You’re making an odd comparison. The P365 and a P10c have different roles. Of course if I was shooting a competition, I’m going with the bigger gun, based on the sight radius alone. Some guys can carry bigger guns without an issue. I’m a skinny guy and I don’t wear baggy clothes. For AIWB which works best for me, the size (specifically the width) make all the difference in the world on whether I can carry the gun or not. And the gun you have on you is worth a million times more than the gun you left in the car or at home because it was just too big to carry.

You’re making an odd comparison. The P365 and a P10c have different roles. Of course if I was shooting a competition, I’m going with the bigger gun, based on the sight radius alone. Some guys can carry bigger guns without an issue. I’m a skinny guy and I don’t wear baggy clothes. For AIWB which works best for me, the size (specifically the width) make all the difference in the world on whether I can carry the gun or not. And the gun you have on you is worth a million times more than the gun you left in the car or at home because it was just too big to carry.

I was trying to make the point that people tend to want a subcompact for carry since its small, but I believe most have become too small, and its very limiting. Because the scenario you need it for could be very uncertain, so I believe it makes sense to choose the one you can be most effective with shooting-wise since only hits count. That's why I give the VP9sk props, because other than mag changes, (unless I stick a regular sized mag in it) I can shoot the thing as accurate and fast as the rest of my full-size stuff, at all the same distances. Don't you want to bring the best most effective version of yourself into a fight if possible?

How's the p365 shooting-wise? Can you shoot the same drills close too or same as what you could do with your fullsize stuff? If so, that's the one to carry.

I mean the standard should be effectiveness right? And effective should be the same regardless of the tool?

I was trying to make the point that people tend to want a subcompact for carry since its small, but I believe most have become too small, and its very limiting. Because the scenario you need it for could be very uncertain, so I believe it makes sense to choose the one you can be most effective with shooting-wise since only hits count. That's why I give the VP9sk props, because other than mag changes, (unless I stick a regular sized mag in it) I can shoot the thing as accurate and fast as the rest of my full-size stuff, at all the same distances. Don't you want to bring the best most effective version of yourself into a fight if possible?
No debate here, of course I’d find a larger gun more effective. But again, if it’s larger enough that I’m just not realistically going to carry it as often, it’s not going to be effective at all if I don’t have it on me when I need it.

No debate here, of course I’d find a larger gun more effective. But again, if it’s larger enough that I’m just not realistically going to carry it as often, it’s not going to be effective at all if I don’t have it on me when I need it.

Agreed.

Goddamnit, more wasted money!
Just ordered one of deese:
https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/wh...r-mid-gas-1-7-alg-handguard-emr-v3-m-lok.html

Last one they had in stock apparently.

216-840-_2_-edited.jpg

And one of deese:
https://www.matchweight.com/product...el-compensator-with-or-without-picatinny-rail
What a maliciously overpriced item! At least its the steel version not the wear out fuck up aluminum model. Plus its 12oz as opposed to a mere 4oz, so in-spite of it likely having zero comp effect, at least the weight might prove performance enhancing.
VP9_3_4_Gun_Closed_R_A_571f82a7-80bd-4ac3-9010-a8ca8f376f78_1024x1024.jpg

<FookIsThatGuy>

How miserable. They took a year and a month to comeback and tell my dealer he needed to change a word! After that boom it was done.

They cashed my money order immediately doh!

I'm waiting on like 5-6 stamps. It's been 6 months but my dealer has seen stamp approvals in the 3-4 month range...

They say a man buys a house, only to get one room. Maybe the La-Z-Boy will end up in the basement if/when I get married.

^
I see room on the right hand side for a drill press. Also a some room for a bench grinder also. And I would put some kind of rollaway toolchest over there on the left side of the bench.

^
I see room on the right hand side for a drill press. Also a some room for a bench grinder also. And I would put some kind of rollaway toolchest over there on the left side of the bench.
Maybe after my car is paid off...and if I don't have other real expenses afterward, like a wedding or kids....

@jericksen5

I wish he'd do the drill again without the extended Mag.

However, the gun looks like a great performer here.

have you tried this sort've stuff with yours yet?

@jericksen5

I wish he'd do the drill again without the extended Mag.

However, the gun looks like a great performer here.

have you tried this sort've stuff with yours yet?

I didn’t have much time over the weekend (I got a 3 year old and it was trick or treating by me) but I managed to hit the indoor range for 30 mins and run a box of 50 thru it just to see if I had any issues (ran fine with WWB).
I’ll be able to put it thru it’s paces sometime in the next month or so. I don’t see me carrying it without the +2 mag so that’s how I’m going to run it.

Back