Whats your favorite Judo throw and why?

FlameBoy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Along with picture and moving images - if your technologically advanced enough to add them in!

Harai goshi.

photo_98_2.gif

Kata Guruma is 2nd.

Been having alotta fun with laats variants recently

Uchi Matta, se sei, Osoto -

They are easy, and work well together

My best compliment I have ever got was that my ouchigari felt like being hit by a truck

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8O1CvYVKwpY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8O1CvYVKwpY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

My first is Harai Goshi because I seem to get it from all kinds of grips and angles... it's just a great throw. My second is Uchi Mata for the same reason.

seoinage. Just because its such a powerful throw(hoisted over shoulder/back) when the opponent is loaded, that 'it seems' all you really have to do is 'get in'. Not much of a reversal threat either.

seoinage. Just because its such a powerful throw(hoisted over shoulder/back) when the opponent is loaded, that 'it seems' all you really have to do is 'get in'. Not much of a reversal threat either.

ippon or morote?

Ippon Seoi Nage is my favourite and the one Id like to be good at.

Tai Otoshi is the one I am most successful with.

seonage I've been hitting it since I was six in wrestling ( we called it an armspin) and adding the gi for me made the throw even easier to get.

Osoto gari was one of my favorite until someone showed me how easy it was to counter in submission fighting.

Used to be uchimata when I competed (yes, I'm an old fart), but now I prefer drop seoinage (off the lapel instead of going to the arm side, and exploding forward so even if it misses your opponent doesn't get your back, important for BJJ..

Uchimata takes more explosiveness and flexibility to do properly, a lot of older folks move away from it for that reason.

Used to be uchimata when I competed (yes, I'm an old fart), but now I prefer drop seoinage (off the lapel instead of going to the arm side, and exploding forward so even if it misses your opponent doesn't get your back, important for BJJ..

Uchimata takes more explosiveness and flexibility to do properly, a lot of older folks move away from it for that reason.

what do you mean exploding forward with the seonage...I've read this twice, but never had it explained really.

O soto makikomi...if it werent so devastating. Otherwise l tend to go for tani otoshi.

I like both but I use ippon more. I can't do left morote tho. My left elbow doesnt wanna bend under like that.

Your left arm isn't suppose to bend under (neither is your right) Keep it close to your side.

wow. Been waiting fpor this thread.

I'm a taller guy. 6-6.1 so I'm gonna say Uchi Mata/Harai Goshi. Uchi Mata is so versatile and I think it works really well if someone is bent over deep with a wide stance. Plus I always land in a full mount.

Harai Goshi kinda goes the same. I land it more because of the rotated entry but agfter the throw I usually end up being able to get to side control easier than I can the mount. And I always want the mount, so I go for Uchi Mata more.

I love Osoto Gari for gi, but have a hard time translating it to no-gi. I'm studying Shinya Aoki on this, as he is a master at no-gi Osoto Gari.

I also love to use Hane Goshi. But I think I'm alone on this. It's so explosive. Any Hane Goshers out there that feel the same?

So for me it's: Uchi-Mata;Harai-Goshi;Hane Goshi:Osoto Gari; and Ouchi Gari

Back