What's your favorite flash KO?

allamericanhod.gif

Gif doesn't show it but sakara woke up immediately after that.
tumblr_m4in5jkSL91r542pjo1_250.gif

dqodpg.gif

Giffin got right up was upset they stop the fight

Last edited:
Kos vs Thiago. Was still a relatively new fan at the time and my only memories of Koscheck was seeing him wreck Yoshida and have a great fight with Thiago Alves. Figured he'd run right through him then BAM!

I thought he'd wrassle Paulo to a boring decision,but damn was i ever wrong! :D

And i got to say that Rashad vs Chuck was pretty brutal.Lol

chuckko2.jpg

James Irvin's flash KO of Houston Alexander was ill. Superman punch just seconds into the first and it was a wrap. Irvin does the "bang, bang" finger shoot em up and walks off. Houston still fronted like he was conscious the entire time while watching the replay and speaking with Rogan.

Diaz vs Daley... It was cool how out of nowhere Diaz is suddenly on the floor. He recovered instantly but still, flash KO?

wow after being a fan for over a decade i always had the wrong understanding of flash ko lol i thought it was when someone gets knocked out for a split second but then wakes back up as they are falling / as they hit the floor, oh well i learned something from this thread

A flash knockdown or in this case a flash "KO" is when someone has their lights shut for a brief moment and then wakes up again.

You guys are just showing brutal KO's, not flash knockdowns.

Edit: Guess I was wrong. There is a difference between the two. A flash knockdown is the lights out for a second thing, and a flash KO is a sudden KO from one strike. I do think that it's mostly in boxing you use a flash KO as a real KO and in MMA a flash KO is the same as a flash knockdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good flash KO would be when Luiz Cane knocked Cyrille Diabate down, but he somehow was able to recover and KO "Banha".

308gqgx.gif

That punch has everything behind it.
lol that's such a terrible example Chuck was out cold he didn't wake right back up. A lot of the choices in this thread are pretty bad

This is chuck getting flash ko'd

quinton-jackson_chuck-liddell.gif

rampage-liddell-468x292_display_image.gif

My personal favorite is definitely Bang against Jonathon Goulet. Goulet got knocked out, recovered, and was acknowledging that he had lost before I even knew what was going on.

flash ko is where someone quickly recovers

most of these are just kos

Please...enlighten all of us idiots, Buddha! Or maybe you'd rather keep posting 3 or 4 word replies that signify nothing but sarcasm.

Ok, check it out, i'll do this for you, just this once.

A flash knockout is a knockout where the recipient may lose consciousness, however it is very brief and the fighter may still have the wherewithal to begin to defend themselves very quickly after they have been "knocked out". Flash knockouts may exhibit many of the signs of a 'traditional knockout': the head may bounce off the canvas, the eyes might roll, but generally speaking, there is still enough composure for the person who has been rocked to make the argument that they are still in the fight. This is either done by continuing to fight (obviously) or by arguing with the ref after they have stopped it (See josh koscheck vs paulo thiago). It's a strange grey area, in boxing, its not a problem, because if you get dropped, but recover uber quick, just stand back up and get your count. Where the problem lies in MMA is that the ref has to make a split second decision when he sees a fighter in a compromising position. That's why you will constantly see lots fighters protesting early stoppages, the fighter never feels as if they have suffered a complete knockout defeat, that have retained the necessary composition of consciousness to continue competing. On the other hand you have the referee who has seen all the tell tale signs of a body beginning to go limp, ready to take unnecessary damage, they do their job, stop the fight, airing on the side of caution, but it looks really bad when the fighter spring right up to their feet, seemingly miraculously recovered once the bout has been called.

It is a tricky area, and in honesty, can be pretty difficult to define and pin point.
I see a lot of the confusion in this thread from the pure fact that this topic was even brought up. Favorite flash KO's is a strange topic for discussion and flash ko's are incredibly unsavory for everyone involved. The loser of the fight feels like they were robbed of an opportunity to recover and keep fighting, the winner feels like the nature of their victory is now debatable, the referee could be chastised for an early stoppage, the the fans may feel like they didn't get a definitive answer.

TL;DR: A flash knockout is the result of a strike where the "knocked out" opponent displays a much shorter transient period of lost consciousness, usually followed by a quick recovery period.

Mike Russow KO'ing Todd Duffee after getting beat up the entire fight was pretty good, or Leben's KO of Terry Martin.

Back