• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's Your Favorite Finishing Move in Wrestling History? (Poll)

What's Your Favorite Finishing Move in Wrestling History?

• Stone Cold Steve Austin's Stunner

• The Undertaker's Tombstone

• Jake the Snake Roberts DDT

• The Rock's Rock Bottom

• Bret Hart's Sharpshooter

• Randy Savage's Diving Elbow Drop

• Diamond Dallas Page's Diamond Cutter

• Kevin Nash Jacknife Powerbomb

• Shawn Michael's Sweet Chin Music

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really cannot decide. At first, I was like "Stunner all the way". Looking through this thread got me thinking about Sweet Chin Music, Diamond Cutter and Spear/JackHammer.

PROBABLY still say Stunner, followed VERY closely by some Sweet Chin. This forum has me respecting HBK and remembering some of the stuff he put himself through. He was an animal, and one of my favorites no matter what side he was on in the plot.

What I love about HBK was that a lot like Piper his character never really changed. He was always an arrogant, selfish asshole it's just a matter of if he had at an 8 or dialed up to 11.

I always picked Burning Hammer as my finisher in the WWE games. Legit looked like it would kill someone.

Also Moss-Covered Three-Handled Family Gradunza needs a mention just for the name.

I always thought The Rack was a cool move:

rack_crop_north.jpg

Rude awakening seemed dangerous and sometimes Rick would hit it hard. Especially to no name guys:

19930718_rhodes_rude.jpg

Razor's Edge. May have been an original move to Scott Hall?

1.jpg

stone cold is probably my favorite of all time...but i still dont quite understand what the stunner is suppose to do to his opponent lol. is it a jaw breaker? is it suppose to hurt their neck? their throat? what? i need an explanation

IRL : Stunner. Hands down always gets everyone soo excited and it comes out of nowhere.

In the games: Screwdriver. For those who don't know, it looks like a jackhammer, except once the person is completely vertical instead of slamming them on their back, you invert pile drive them. This would literally cripple and kill people.

stone cold is probably my favorite of all time...but i still dont quite understand what the stunner is suppose to do to his opponent lol. is it a jaw breaker? is it suppose to hurt their neck? their throat? what? i need an explanation

Michael Hayes said in an interview the stunner hurts the throat if a person decided to do it for real. The moment the ass makes contact with the ground the shoulder drives up while pulling down on the head essentially becoming a trachea crush.

IRL : Stunner. Hands down always gets everyone soo excited and it comes out of nowhere.

In the games: Screwdriver. For those who don't know, it looks like a jackhammer, except once the person is completely vertical instead of slamming them on their back, you invert pile drive them. This would literally cripple and kill people.

Some of these moves are incredibly dangerous even messing around. My buddy once put me in a Boston Crab and it hurt like a motherfucker. You could easily break someone's back with that move.

^ yeah, it looks like it would hurt the throat if you did it for real. it would be cool to here stone cold actually explain it.

also, lil surprised hogans leg drop isnt on there. i know some people say its lame...but if a 300 pound dude landed on your face you would be feeling it!

Arn Andersons Spine Buster
The Road Warriors Doomsday Device

I'm not completely sure about this, but I think Scott Steiner used to actually use that move, called it the Steiner driver, I believe. He pulled it off well, if I remember correctly. I think it was even his front facing special grapple on WCWvsNWO Revenge.

I've always been a fan of Raven's DDT, but I'll give Jake the vote here.

I'm a mark

Package Piledriver

SYHBZ.gif

AMCvNdQ.gif

steen-v-omega-package-piledriver-o.gif

Honorable Mentions
450 splash
450+splash.gif

Meltzer Driver
SkinnyTalkativeBaldeagle.gif

Back