What's with UFC fighters and crying

Until we all get our hand raised in the Octagon after a training camp full of blood, sweat and tears, I guess we'll never know...

they cry not due to phsyical anguish but due to a large load of mental stress being lifted from there shoulders in a few seconds after setting there for months on end.

you dont even need sports to experience it just do something your good at and succeed at something major in the field the waterworks can come pretty quick.

also note passionate men are generally tough men dont let a few tears fool you.

Because not everyone is the emotionless badass that you are, TS.

Nah, its just Pat Barry.

He is a drama queen. He cries after literally every single win.

Most fighters dont do that.

It's sad that some people don't know the answer to this question...

Because not everyone is the emotionless badass that you are, TS.

I laughed pretty good with that.

About Barry, though, I think a lot of what he was saying had to do with the babies getting killed in CT the other day. I know that I myself don't usually care about the news, but I have young kids, and that whole thing was pretty hard to hear about. It could have hit him in the moment. I personally thought his post-fight talk with Joe was great and pretty profound.

Dana makes them cry so that they come across as sensitive and emotional to get the women viewers. If he says cry you cry or he docks half your purse.

Pat Barry is intolerable. Did you see him rip his arm away from the doctor or official who tried to check him after the fight? I think he pushed a ref before too. If somebody like Jones, Rory, Diaz or Bisping did that there would be 30 threads on it.

Pat Barry is intolerable. Did you see him rip his arm away from the doctor or official who tried to check him after the fight? I think he pushed a ref before too. If somebody like Jones, Rory, Diaz or Bisping did that there would be 30 threads on it.

Intolerable?

Grow up.

We know they worked really hard, but does every victory warrants a tear? UFC fighters seems prone to crying. Ironic, they can take savage beating, horrendous fractures but very prone to crying after matches.

you obviously have no clue what entails to go to training camp (many fighters leave their families to go train).
When they finally fight and can go home, they get emotional.

Add the recent tragedy in US, and a lot of them just miss their kids, wives, etc.

Also, don't forget the pressure to win. Some fought with the knot around their necks (win or be cut Zuffa policy) So when they win, it brings them such relief that they can't contain...

well to be fair.......

that shooting was fucked up.

TS, I don't know your age but in real life feeling emotions isn't a gay thing. If you try to live your life acting as a tough dude you will probably miss a lot a thing. Fighters aren't fearless warriors... they just are men... like everybody. When GSP admits feeling fear before a fight... he is not the only one ... but few are man enough to admit it. Thats what real life is about.

It's pretty sad you've never vested yourself in an endeavor with enough emotion to cause tears. And the fact that you can't even recognize it happening to some one else is even more sad D;

This x 100

The first time I ever placed in a Judo tourney, I cried privately. To know that you're improving at something you love is one of the best feelings in the world, and it's hard not to think of family, friends, coaches, and teammates that have helped you along the way.

Back