What's with The Chris moving to South Carolina?

A lot of people are getting tfo of NY. It's very poorly run. They've defunded the police and taxes are insanely high. It's very liberal. I would gtfo too. Good move for the Chris, imo.

Lmao yeah living in Hicksville Carolina is probably better, as long as you love dump

I think Weidman's wife is Puerto Rican.

she might be, but i know for sure she's Hawaiian too because i remember Weidman saying he couldn't pick against Yancy Medeiros one time when he was doing analyst because his "wife's family would kill me, they're from Waianae and they're tough" something along those lines.

When the the announcers spoke about it, it felt kind of sad. Like something a successful athlete would never do. Good for him though i'd rather burn to death than live north of the mason dixon line.

What's wrong with living north of the mason dixon line?

Robert Moses actually designed the highways with low bridges INTENTIONALLY so that they couldn’t bus kids from the city out to Long Island beaches.

...and there's basically no intra-Island public transit. The LIRR is specifically designed to get people from the Island to the city and back. It's ridiculously expensive and time consuming to try to get to different parts of the Island that aren't on the same train line.

I was out there for five years. Most depressing time of my life. Outside of my ex, I didn't forge one lasting relationship with anybody that I met there.

If you are claiming incest then i don't think you understand how incest works.

lol. Yeah I didn’t get the use of that gif there but it is an excellent scene in that film and I’m inspired to watch it now on YouTube.

Long Island sucks. I lived there for 7 years. That was far and away the angriest community of people I ever encountered.

Makes sense that it would be a good place to breed fighters because there are tight wound aggressive assholes everywhere and fighting is extremely common relative to other areas, you know, where adults can handle their shit with words.

Yeah the story about how Matt Serra started training jiu-jitsu is nuts.

He got into a fight at his workplace (a pizza joint, naturally) and he bit the ear off a guy.

Because it was a permanent disfigurement, the judge hit him with a felony assault charge.

Serra's lawyer managed to plead it down because the guy had went to Serra's workplace to seek him out.

But the conviction on a lesser charge prohibited Serra from going into the military like he wanted to. So he found jiu-jitsu instead.

The whole reason the fight started? The guy was the brother of a girl Serra was fucking.

They got into an argument on the phone - on the PHONE - and the guy went to Serra's job with a crew looking to beat the shit out of him.

Talk about a Long Island story!

Most people from the east coast move down south because it's better for a big family and the cost of living is ridiculously cheaper than NYand NJ.
352253.jpg

another one?

Yeah, Weidman and Thompson are also in laws because they're both married to members of the Machado family. Carlos Machado is their brother-in-law.
Wait wonderboy is married????

Yeah that post is incorrect. Weidman did not marry a member of the Machado family.

Weidman's sister is married to Stephen Thompson's brother.

Stephen Thompson's sister is married to Carlos Machado.
Oh k

Probably a bunch of reasons:

Wonderboy lives there
Cheaper property/larger land
Warmer weather
Friendlier people generally than NY
Needed a change to reset from losing ways

I think Weidman can still be a top 10 MW, but his days as a belt holder is done, judging by the fight on Saturday. His chin is gone, cardio isn't there, reflex is way slower (possibly due to the damages sustained from previous fights).

He can still make decent money fighting less dangerous opponents, so in my opinion, it's better for Weidman to just fight opponents outside of the top 5 and still make banks.

A lot of people are getting tfo of NY. It's very poorly run. They've defunded the police and taxes are insanely high. It's very liberal. I would gtfo too. Good move for the Chris, imo.

Literally nothing has happened to the any police budget in the state of the New York.

People yelling on Twitter doesn't equal actual policy.

The NYPD's budget is larger than the combined budgets for all of the law enforcement agencies in some states.

Cops on Long Island, Nassau and Suffolk Counties, are the highest paid in the US.

I think Weidman's sister is married to Wonderboys brother.

Yeah. I watch Wonderboy's YouTube channel a lot, along with another independent YouTube named Sensei Seth (Karate content guy who visits Upstate Karate/Pitch Black MMA on the regular to spar with Thompson) and Weidman was a regular fixture in the recent videos, training for his fight with Omari.

Having grown up on Long Island, it is expensive, but also primarily middle class. I'm sure Chris has more than enough money to live there. He may be buying a second home or moving for other personal reasons. He has family in SC too. LI has drawbacks like others mentioned, but it does offer a lot. Great beaches, a scenic east end, and close proximity to NYC. Geographically, it's an enviable location. People can be jerks for sure, but having moved down south, people can be jerks anywhere. As a kid I trained at Serra's and found him to be an incredibly nice guy and a natural and patient teacher - regardless of whether or not he bit some dude's ear off.

Back