What's with The Chris moving to South Carolina?

Did he and Gay Longo break up and he's moving to another gym?

this is pretty common for people in the ny nj area. you can literally quadruple if not more the size of your home and property for the same cost down south. I think hes best training would be to stick with serra and to go over and work with the death squad because i still think hes wrestling can carry him on another win streak. its also pretty common for successful people in these areas to still own a place in ny nj after moving down south if its a small home or an apartment chris probably has that and if not maybe fight camps are crashing on his buddys couch. .

Should have moved to South America, used to dominate old Brazilians

Probably a bunch of reasons:

Wonderboy lives there
Cheaper property/larger land
Warmer weather
Friendlier people generally than NY
Needed a change to reset from losing ways

If you don't have to why pay to live in such an expensive area. If money is no object, who cares, but it is and a fighters career is short (compared to any other type of employment).

Most people from the east coast move down south because it's better for a big family and the cost of living is ridiculously cheaper than NYand NJ.
Aw Man. NY just sounds like such a dope place. It must suck having to leave.

Wait so no more Matt Serra and Ray longo...
tenor.gif

this is pretty common for people in the ny nj area. you can literally quadruple if not more the size of your home and property for the same cost down south. I think hes best training would be to stick with serra and to go over and work with the death squad because i still think hes wrestling can carry him on another win streak. its also pretty common for successful people in these areas to still own a place in ny nj after moving down south if its a small home or an apartment chris probably has that and if not maybe fight camps are crashing on his buddys couch. .
I always tell people that his wrestling is stellar. It should carry him. It really should.

A lot of people are getting tfo of NY. It's very poorly run. They've defunded the police and taxes are insanely high. It's very liberal. I would gtfo too. Good move for the Chris, imo.

I’ve done no research on this. But isn’t he somehow related to, or in laws of some sort with Stephen wonder boy Thompson? I think that’s the neck of the woods he’s from. Small fraction of the cost of living down there. And his family can probably get some land, smart move. Especially if those win checks are coming slower and slower.

I think Weidman's sister is married to Wonderboys brother.

Yeah, Weidman and Thompson are also in laws because they're both married to members of the Machado family. Carlos Machado is their brother-in-law.

Homes are over twice as expensive in Long Island where he was at not to mention the property taxes

View attachment 789782

Yeah, I used to live on Long Island. It's ridiculously expensive, even in the crappier parts.

A lot of people who grow up there either can't afford to live there as adults or refuse to do because of the cost of living.

Also, there's barely any apartment complexes or rental properties on the Island (because they didn't want poor people from the city moving out there), so that makes it even harder for people to get by.

Last edited:
Could definitely see that Wonderboy influence in his striking. God help us, the last thing we need is another point fighter.

But yeah, the cost of living is nuts in NY as well as their taxes. Teh Chris was teh face of the UFC lobbying for NY to sanction teh UFC & was on all the NY cards as a result, & paying all those stupid fooking taxes for all those years & probably is fooking broke by now. So good call getting out of that fooking money pit.
Maybe wonder boy can teach Chris the correct way of throwing a spinning hook kick.

Most people from the east coast move down south because it's better for a big family and the cost of living is ridiculously cheaper than NYand NJ.
This. UFC paying the same regardless of location and those paydays go twice as far down south then they do in NY.

Only bummer will be losing out at training at Renzo NYC. That gym is full of fucking murderers on mats and probably one of the major reasons his grappling is so good.

Yeah, I used to live on Long Island. It's ridiculously expensive, even in the crappier parts.

A lot of people who grow up there either can't afford to live there are adults or refuse to do because of the cost of living.

Also, there's barely any apartment complexes or rental properties on the Island (because they didn't want poor people from the city moving out there), so that makes it even harder for people to get by.
Robert Moses actually designed the highways with low bridges INTENTIONALLY so that they couldn’t bus kids from the city out to Long Island beaches.

Long Island sucks. I lived there for 7 years. That was far and away the angriest community of people I ever encountered.

Makes sense that it would be a good place to breed fighters because there are tight wound aggressive assholes everywhere and fighting is extremely common relative to other areas, you know, where adults can handle their shit with words.

Back