• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's the path for Oliveira to beat Islam ?

PEDRO IVO RUSSO MIRANDA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm a huge Charles fan, but I think islam is really a heavy favorite in that second figth.
I feel like Charles should keep his distance with long strikes, pay attention in takedown attempts, and control the clinch exchanges.
Unfortunately I think he's gonna go straight looking for a brawl .

What's the chances of Charles scoring a takedown itself? Can islam defend being in bottom position?

Both fighters fresh, wich one do you think would win the scrambles?

Tell me what you think

I'm a huge Charles fan, but I think islam is really a heavy favorite in that second figth.
I feel like Charles should keep his distance with long strikes, pay attention in takedown attempts, and control the clinch exchanges.
Unfortunately I think he's gonna go straight looking for a brawl .

What's the chances of Charles scoring a takedown itself? Can islam defend being in bottom position?

Tell me what you think

Islam couldn’t get Volk off him when he was on bottom. If Charles gets on top, he’s done for.

Islam couldn’t get Volk off him when he was on bottom. If Charles gets on top, he’s done for.
Seems like islam have great scrambles and a fantastic TDD, his top game is fantastic also, but I think he doesn't have a good bottom game.
Khabib itself already spoken how he always say to his fighters dont keep in bottom, seems like they don't practice that scenario a lot.
He probably have good stand up skills, but seems like they dont train a lot of bottom defense.

Imo, Olives will only be able snatch victory via a well timed counter in the way of an elbow, knee or uppercut. If that only ends in Islam being dropped, Charles gets his back it will be very interesting as we know he is relentless in this position.
That being said, Olives seems like a really cool dude who turned his career around from being a fighter who quit when things got tough to becoming a dynamo on the feet as he is in the ground, and some how, he learnt to stifle his quitting tendencies a route to the top. Very little people can grow that much.

If Charles does not get rocked in the early standup, he can win….. But he usually does get rocked.

Both guys have a lot of ways to win….. Charles is dangerous when wounded, but the last fight showed he is vulnerable.

War DuBronx

This is one of those matchups I feel only goes 2 ways. A quick win for either guy. Unfortunately with their styles I feel makachev wins more often than not if these two fought 10 times. Charles wins by hurting makachev on the feet and wins with a quick choke or Tko, or makachev hurts olives with a strike or clinch/takedown into a sub on the ground.

hopefully olives can pull this off as he is the much more entertaining fighter and better personality.

olives needs to stay away from the clinch.

Last edited:
Better head movement

He showed signs of improved head movement in the dariush fight, but he needs to sharpen it even more for this fight

Also needs to be more accurate with his shots, Islam is really deceptive with his footwork

He'll tag you and be out of range before you can hit him. So he needs to really pick his shots and make them count early in the fight

You know whats funny, I wouldnt be surpised if Charles actually rocks Islam hard, then goes for a submission instead of finishing the fight with GNP

Then Islam ends up getting out and submitting Charles later in the fight

Watch out for that BJJ ego lol

More knees and kicks this time. Thai plum. The usual stuff we see from Charles but didn't see the first time around.

Charles has to get it in his head that this guy is a better grappler than you.

Islam is one of the least hit fighters in the UFC but that body is always open on the feet. Problem is it's hard to target there because if you're gonna try clinch up and knee him in the midsection you're probably getting taken down whenever he wants.

Islam is a fucking puzzle man, Gaethje might be a better matchup for him than Charles.

Back