What's the most frustrating game you play?

For me it was raiding in retail WoW many expansion ago. When i first started playing i joined a advertised "East Coast" server that was actually located on the west coast. Something with WoW's netcode made raiding near impossible as a DPS on high ping. I'd go full fights without critical striking once when at 40% crit chance.

Wasnt until years later when i server switched to a true east coast server did my character started doing proper top tier DPS.

Anything made by Bennett Foddy. Hate that guy.

And this asshole is about to release another monstrosity on the world

Last edited:
I guess "frustrating" means that you have to care about it. Lots of hard games I couldn't give a rat's ass about if I fail. What really frustrates me, is a JRPG with a wall of a boss, that can take upwards of 15 minutes to a half hour to defeat, only to get wiped out by some fucking bullshit that you couldn't possibly prepare for.

"I've got him! I've got him! *super mega death move kills everyone*...Man, fuck right off. I'm done. Fuck this game!"

Battle Brothers. Great game but you can lose a bro in literally one turn and there goes a couple of hours of building him up

I generally don't go for frustrating games. I have my partner at home.

With that said, probably Monster Hunter: World.
I bought that game and played it for about 3 hours and never again. I don't get why people like that p.o.s.

Edit: More like 12 hours probably. I think I was just trying to convince myself it was 3 hours because I dislike it so much.

Last edited:
Doom 2016 is pretty frustrating. I swear 97% of the time you have no idea what killed you. Although it's probably an imp. Fuck those things.

Doom 2016 is pretty frustrating. I swear 97% of the time you have no idea what killed you. Although it's probably an imp. Fuck those things.
The key to doom is you always move. Didn't play 2016 but have played Doom Eternal.

It's a better game and I was smart to wait. 😉

I like the Idea of it but thinking about playing DOOM: Eternal right now makes me realize I'll probably get a seizure.

The key to doom is you always move. Didn't play 2016 but have played Doom Eternal.

It's a better game and I was smart to wait. 😉

I like the Idea of it but thinking about playing DOOM: Eternal right now makes me realize I'll probably get a seizure.
Yeah I like Eternal more too and it's probably even more frustrating than 2016 but both are excellent games worth playing if you get the chance.

Just circling around the arenas and picking off enemies works well on UV but on NM you really have to prioritize the most dangerous pieces on the board or they will end you, especially in Eternal. That game is so hectic haha. You're right about seizure inducing.

Reactions: 666
Current game probably Rainbow Six Siege for the community itself, also the Overcooked games while fun are frustrating especially playing with the wrong person.

Old game, Lion King on SNES easily, the amount of times I've tried to beat that game. Recently gave it a try again when I got my console out of storage and still couldn't.

I don't actively play any frustrating games because that's not fun to me. Played though... Cuphead is up there. I just don't have any patience for pattern recognition and having to do something perfectly or you screw up. As a kid where you have nothing better to do, that's fine. As an adult, I can't spend hours learning patterns and if I fail, I have to play through the thing again. That's just not fun.

Another recent one was Panzer Paladin. It's a 2D-NES style game like that tons of people loved. I thought it was an absolute chore and I was relieved when I beat it. So frustrating and just not fun. There's a way to do challenge without being annoying. Games like the Messenger and Cyber Shadow get it right.

trying to get the halo 3 legendary difficulty all skulls active playthrough achievment. and i was goooood. rank 4, skill bracket level 50. (5 star general) no video game iver ever played for me personally was harder than this. the last level ascending to the top of the tower before the warthog run with all skulls active on legendary was actually hard.

Reactions: 666
trying to get the halo 3 legendary difficulty all skulls active playthrough achievment. and i was goooood. rank 4, skill bracket level 50. (5 star general) no video game iver ever played for me personally was harder than this. the last level ascending to the top of the tower before the warthog run with all skulls active on legendary was actually hard.
I beat the trilogy remake on legendary. It was extra frustrating because they redesigned the graphics but not the environment. So you try to shoot around a corner and your shots hit an invisible wall because it was larger in the original game. Good pick.

I bought that game and played it for about 3 hours and never again. I don't get why people like that p.o.s.

Edit: More like 12 hours probably. I think I was just trying to convince myself it was 3 hours because I dislike it so much.

I was hooked on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite when I had nothing more than an iPad.

It's a pretty simple loop. Pretty game with good music and a methodical play style. Load up with friends, find a big enemy, kill or capture enemy for parts, get better gear and unlock bigger monsters and repeat.

I get why some people don't like it though. It can be repetitive.

Probably RDR2. I've been playing it for like a year and I love the atmosphere and whatnot, but it's extremely repetitive and the combat is boring as f. So I usually just play like half a chapter before getting bored and then going back to it months later.

I'm in the 2nd half of it now though so I might just try hard to finish it. I've never liked Rockstar games because they mostly feel like travel with shitty gameplay. It's particularly apparent in RDR2 especially since they made everything (including fast travel) pretty clunky although I love the western setting.

I've never liked shooters, but 'press Q to hide behind something, right click, turn on dead eye and head shot everyone' rinse repeat is absolute non-gameplay combat to me. It's really garbage. People trashed Witcher 3's gameplay, but it was way better than that.

Last edited:
Probably RDR2. I've been playing it for like a year and I love the atmosphere and whatnot, but it's extremely repetitive and the combat is boring as f. So I usually just play like half a chapter before getting bored and then going back to it months later.

I'm in the 2nd half of it now though so I might just try hard to finish it. I've never liked Rockstar games because they mostly feel like travel with shitty gameplay. It's particularly apparent in RDR2 especially since they made everything (including fast travel) pretty clunky although I love the western setting.

I've never liked shooters, but 'press Q to hide behind something, right click, turn on dead eye and head shot everyone' rinse repeat is absolute non-gameplay combat to me. It's really garbage. People trashed Witcher 3's gameplay, but it was way better than that.
I agree it had some clunky stuff. Every time you skin an animal it took like 10 seconds. Almost felt like a loading screen but it definitely has redeeming qualities.

The story and being able to rope people up and put them on train tracks.

I agree it had some clunky stuff. Every time you skin an animal it took like 10 seconds. Almost felt like a loading screen but it definitely has redeeming qualities.

The story and being able to rope people up and put them on train tracks.

I haven't really done much in terms of freestyle play. Mostly just been trying to get through the story.

Another thing I find annoying (and unrealistic) is that pretty much any time you kill someone there is some psychic witness who immediately knows something bad happened and if you don't hide the body they will know with 100% certainty it was "Arthur Morgan" who did it. Or at least that has been my experience. Even outside of cities there is always some witness immediately sent by the Minority Report pre-cogs to investigate.

If you get in trouble in the city, which can happen if you even run over someone with your horse, you have the law on your ass and have to ride out of the city, get sufficiently far out that you can use your tent to fast travel somewhere else, pay the bounty, then fast (which isn't fast at all) travel back. Really inhibits my desire to play around that way.

I haven't really done much in terms of freestyle play. Mostly just been trying to get through the story.
That's your problem right there. RDR2 is an insanely good and robust sandbox, with a fairly by the numbers campaign with the dated Rockstar formula of traveling between mission markers to do the same old cover shooting scenarios with cut scenes, over and over again. Fucking around in the world is where most of the fun is at, and where you really get a sense of just how crazy the programming in the game really is. Barring certain limitations, if you can think it, you can do it.

The "bounty" system is kind of shitty and obnoxious, like you said, and can impede on the fun you're trying to have with the game. Given all the attention to detail that is in the game and how authentic things feel, it is weird how that system is a bit broken and completely unrealistic.

Back