whats the most effective arm submission

scotty1444

Orange Belt
Reaction score
don't make fun of me u all no im stupid now u cn blame it on me cuz im norhtern irish. but what is the most effective arm submisson or easyiest to perform. eg it being the kamura or straight armbar. and i cnt spell either. oh yeah and if im in the top mount what is the most effective submission because if my strikes arn't very effective. cheers

If you're on top of someone (mount), and they dont know what they're doing, the easiest is probably to push on their neck. They will then try to push you off (push on your chest). As soon as one arm is extended just grab it and spin around and lay back. I'm not sure if there is a name for this particular one, but I've seen Rickson use it very frequently. It's the one I get most often on people I've rolled with (if I actually manage to get mount and grab an arm).

You guys need to train man.

chokingvictim, you are talking about an armbar.

There is no most effective anything. There is only what submission is right for the particular occasion. If he extends his arm, armbar, if he tries to bump you off, take a loose mount and take his back, etc, etc.

Most effective armlock will depend on your position. IF you are in sidemount, then the Kimura or Key Lock (americana) will be the most effective, if someone is in your guard, then straight armlock will probably be your best armlock. It all depends on the person as well.

From the mount the most use your strikes to set up your subs. Throw down some punches, when they block they set themselves up for an armlock, triangle etc. If they dont block then your punches should be very effective. Good luck with your training!

MadMonkeyBJJx9 said:
Most effective armlock will depend on your position. IF you are in sidemount, then the Kimura or Key Lock (americana) will be the most effective, if someone is in your guard, then straight armlock will probably be your best armlock. It all depends on the person as well.

From the mount the most use your strikes to set up your subs. Throw down some punches, when they block they set themselves up for an armlock, triangle etc. If they dont block then your punches should be very effective. Good luck with your training!
That's pretty much my take except that we don't use strikes.

Gai gin....we usually dont either, he asked the question about his strikes not being effective from the mount so thats why i threw that in. Where do you train??

triso said:

Yeah sorry, I read it as "most effective armbar" and thought I'd try to explain one of the most simple armbars to execute.

I hear ya. I train at Team Santos Jiu-Jitsu Fighting Academy in RI. BJJ- both gi and no gi and Muay Thai are offered. There is a NHB fight team out of the school too.

chokingvictim said:
I'm not sure if there is a name for this particular one, but I've seen Rickson use it very frequently.

LOL! rickson by that move he does all the time!!!

the americana would hve to be one of the best because you don't give away your position if you miss. ex. if you were to do an armbar and miss you would most likely end up in the gaurd. if you were in the mount and missed the americana you would still be in the mount.

triso said:
You guys need to train man.

There is no most effective anything. There is only what submission is right for the particular occasion. If he extends his arm, armbar, if he tries to bump you off, take a loose mount and take his back, etc, etc.

Well said.

cheers thanks alot. i just got bas rutten extreme pancrase dvd sets theres a whole dvd on escapse and reversals for submissions that would be gud and 4 dvds for submissions hopefully its a gud set ive got gud reports frm it. so what your tryin to say is i should sort capitlize on the persons mistake eg if there arm went to my chest i wud go for an armbar.and thanks for the replys

Yes, either capitalize on their mistakes, or force them to make them.

by the way, i love the way you spell scottyd, whenever i read a post of yours i do so with an irish accent lol

good luck with your training

cheers mate. im metn to be gettin jumped sometime this week by some strret fighter shud i use a submission if i have 2 because he mite be a better striker than me but the though of breaking some1s arm stops me frm doin it. and i cnt avoid it cuz hell wait after my work. and he thinks i cnt fight haha im goin to show him somethin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and cheers for ur replys every1

i'd say the easiest armlock from a mount to perform is a key lock or americana lock. Armbars are easy but def. take a little while to practice to get the whole hip swinging motion down.

these post are very helpful thanks. wen dat guy jumps me hes fuked

sorry but this has prob been asked before but what is btter for the gorund game and submisions and submission defence. jj, bjj or sambo and if o cud u list them in order. becaus ei watched a video in one the of the threads in this and the japanese ju jistu luked more effective than the bjj and ive been told the bjj is m4 effective

Back