Whats the hardest workout you've ever done?

Thai Pads have the potential to be the best/worst workout.

4 straight punches, 4 lead round kicks, 4 rear round kicks, clinch, 4 knees, push off, and do it again until the timer rings.

that's beautiful.

the best cardio for fighting is doing rounds with a fresh partner every round or ever half-round.

Thats a pretty great pad drill Fight_Song, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Running up Montara Mountain - 5 miles up, 5 miles down.

400m Pyramid - 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m sprints with 1 min rests in between.

Both these workouts were harder mentally than physically.

Arriving in Thailand 9pm one night, training the next morning, from the relatively cold climate I come to into 35 degree humid heat of Thailand, still jetlagged. 8km run, 200 knees on the bag to warm up, bunch of bag rounds, then 5 rounds on the pads = actually thought I was going to die.

Yeah the humidity is harsh especially in april/may.

My hardest workout was in May. We were doing about 30-40 second sprints followed by 20 kicks on thai pads each side. Rest for 30 seconds and then go again. After 7 of those I was ready to puke

damn those are some hard workouts - i cant really think of a single one - going through training camps is no fun, esp when you haven't had a day off in a while - the wind sprints aspect of it makes me want to vomit

Oohhh...Well actually I got back from the J Robinson 10 day Intensive Wrestling Camp less then a week ago...Take any day of that. HA! Man, those were hard, from the time we woke up to the time we went to bed. I remember the first actual day of camp. We ran 1.5 miles then 10 100 yrders and 10 50 yrders with 10 push ups in between, then at the Hard Practice it was about 110 (no joke) in the gym...I lost 6 pounds in 2 hours (from 158.8-152.4).
Felt like I just went swimming my clothes were soaked so bad.

Ross' Fast and Furious warrior challenge. Hell on earth.

First Muay Thai class. The class itself wasn't that bad but I was in such horrible shape that I couldn't walk for a week after that class...

Also, my first wrestling workout was ugly, my legs couldn't take it any longer. 40 minutes into the class and for the first and last time so far I had to quit a workout, I was seriously close to pull something in my quadriceps. Again, I could barely walk for a week after that.

Tabata "Stacks," basically 3 different Tabata workouts done one after another.

Tabata Sprints
Tabata Skipping
Tabata Squats

Well today we did ladders for cross country, I felt like a bitch. It started off 100m sprint, then 200, then 300, then 400, then 500, 400, 300, 200, 100. I was fucking done right there.

Tabata "Stacks," basically 3 different Tabata workouts done one after another.

Tabata Sprints
Tabata Skipping
Tabata Squats

Ex squeese me. Tabata skipping? And here I took those out of my program years ago because I thought skipping made me look like a fairy.ahahahahahahahaa

When I was a sophomore in high school, I tried out for the varsity basketball team. I would say a good 30 to 40 people were there trying out.

The coaches put us through the most strenuous workout ever. I guess they wanted to weed out the people with no heart as we basically ran suicide sprints, then did push-ups then back to sprints, non-stop for at least a half an hour. If they felt you weren't giving 100% and falling way behind, they had you do 10 burpees and then back to sprints.
A lot of people quit, a few threw up.

The 24 Hours of Adrenalin on a 3 man team when we lost a rider due to knee injury. Just under 100 miles on the Olympic mountain bike course in Conyers, GA.

1)several rounds of really hard sparring or muay thai fight in the ring
2)VO2 max test on the treadmill
3)Magic 50
4)Running Intervals

hill sprints that is always muddy and wet even in the summer !!!!!! then 10 burpee jumps or 10 plyometric press ups at the top pure pure vomit stuff

Back