whats the bulldog choke?

Mr.Jesus

White Belt
Reaction score
can someone give me alink, or explain to me what the bulldog choke is
thanks

Its a side headlock choke when your opponent is on all fours or on their stomach.

Sohei said:
Its a side headlock choke when your opponent is on all fours or on their stomach.

yep. you really want your hips in front of their shoulders for a bulldog to stop the opponent from rolling for a reversal.

leonard_bulldog_choke_jpeg.jpg

If a guy sinks it in really deeply, I think you'd be in a lot of trouble.

If you do it from the top rope, there is no escape.

091.jpg

As you can see in the pic above, Carlos Newton tapped out Pat Miletic with it.

you need some short, stubby, ripped arms to do this hold well.

sadly, that applies to a ton of subs. damn my 'just lanky enough to make subs loose, but too short to gain any real hight advantage' self.

DirectDrive said:
yep. you really want your hips in front of their shoulders for a bulldog to stop the opponent from rolling for a reversal.

leonard_bulldog_choke_jpeg.jpg

Dude...that's a damned old picture.....very cool. What book is that from?

Ben Greer just beat John Lauro with that this night, was a sweet fight, John was on his side though, so you don't have to have the guy on all fours or on their stomach for it.

migo said:
Ben Greer just beat John Lauro with that this night, was a sweet fight, John was on his side though, so you don't have to have the guy on all fours or on their stomach for it.

I agree I think it depends on the situation, whenever I get someone with it Im usually on their side pressing down on them. I think if your position was like that old wrestling pic, if your opponent was strong they could possibly lift and slam you as a counter.

Fight_Song said:
you need some short, stubby, ripped arms to do this hold well.

sadly, that applies to a ton of subs. damn my 'just lanky enough to make subs loose, but too short to gain any real hight advantage' self.

hah, I think I have that part covered. I will try this choke out tonight.

Oh, on the short stubby ripped arms part, not the case at all, Ben Greer's a slim guy, he did it just fine.

The Choke used on Napolean Dynamite as he gets slammed into the lockers

S.D.Force said:
Dude...that's a damned old picture.....very cool. What book is that from?

it is a sweet pic. unfortunatly i have no idea what book it is from.

hrm in wrestling we call a bulldog when...

you get a front headlock with an underhook and hook them into a reverse half...

Isnt the defense where you grab the dude by the thighs, get your base under him and suplex backward, breaking his neck? I have a seen a nice streetfight clip of that :)

Back